ScoobyNet General General Subaru Discussion

Widetrack raffle !!!

Search this Thread

Old 05 July 2020, 08:54 AM
Sti-Tom
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Widetrack raffle !!!

I am testing the water on a possible raffle for my 2005 sti widetrack , I have owned it for over 12 years . Tickets will be £250 each & it will be a bonus ball winner so only 59 numbers. Would anybody consider buying tickets ? . I have been a non paying member on scoobynet for 12 years but very rarely put anything up . Of course the car could be viewed if you wanted at my home address in Liverpool.thanks Tommy. I can send pic via what’s app if wanted .
Old 05 July 2020, 10:42 AM
the shreksta
Scooby Regular

Received 497 Likes on 339 Posts

lol @ £250 per ticket
Old 05 July 2020, 10:56 AM
ej20boy
BANNED

Received 27 Likes on 22 Posts

I'm sure its all legit legal and fair....

250x59=14750.

check rules for raffles In UK

Last edited by ej20boy; 05 July 2020 at 10:58 AM.
Old 05 July 2020, 11:05 AM
Sti-Tom
Scooby Regular

I didn’t think £250 was a bad price I understand I am getting more that current value but surely whoever won it would be more than happy .
i didn’t even think about raffle rules in the Uk , just an idea as I had entered other similar ones locally

Last edited by Sti-Tom; 05 July 2020 at 11:06 AM.
Old 05 July 2020, 11:10 AM
ej20boy
BANNED

Originally Posted by Sti-Tom
I didn’t think £250 was a bad price I understand I am getting more that current value but surely whoever won it would be more than happy .
i didn’t even think about raffle rules in the Uk , just an idea as I had entered other similar ones locally
Call me suspicious but every time I see something like this it's because the car/house/bike or whatever cannot be sold by the usual routes.

14750 is money that's unlikely to be made on a private sale and as you have no idea of the rules surrounding raffles in the uk who the **** is gonna hand over 250 quid.
The following 2 users liked this post by ej20boy:
Old 05 July 2020, 11:44 AM
Sti-Tom
Scooby Regular

I totally understand if people think it’s not the right way to do it , I thought about selling a few years ago & had a lot of interest but decided not to . At the moment I use it 5 days a week for work 18miles round trip & we use my wife’s car at the weekend so it is wasted sitting there . Selling private is always an option , like I said just an idea to see if anyone would purchase any tickets. I’m certainly in no rush or nothing to hide ! If I don’t get any interest I will keep using it . Hopefully it will only go up in price as it is quite low miles . All comments welcome good or bad
The following users liked this post:
Old 05 July 2020, 11:49 AM
ej20boy
BANNED

Originally Posted by Sti-Tom
I totally understand if people think it’s not the right way to do it , I thought about selling a few years ago & had a lot of interest but decided not to . At the moment I use it 5 days a week for work 18miles round trip & we use my wife’s car at the weekend so it is wasted sitting there . Selling private is always an option , like I said just an idea to see if anyone would purchase any tickets. I’m certainly in no rush or nothing to hide ! If I don’t get any interest I will keep using it . Hopefully it will only go up in price as it is quite low miles . All comments welcome good or bad
If the car is as good as you say and you want to sell it, private sale will be easier.
Raffles for these type of things always whiff of scam regardless if they are legit or not.
Old 05 July 2020, 11:54 AM
stonejedi
Scooby Regular

Received 149 Likes on 109 Posts

£250 Per ticket!...STI-Tom maybe you should of put up a in-depth spec list of your car in conjunction with quality pictures first before you stated your estimated price for the tickets,i know you are just testing the waters but it would of gone down more better if some information and pictures of your actual car was in this thread.SJ.
Old 05 July 2020, 12:07 PM
Sti-Tom
Scooby Regular

2005 sti ,
79000 miles
i am second owner since 2008
full 3” hayward scott down Pipe to blitz nur spec r system
k&n panel filter
340 bhp mapped by Steve simpson at group b motorsport
zunsport upper & lower grill set
cambelt done at 45000
prodrive springs
perrin stiffies
prosport gauges / ati pod I believe
I'msure the are more little extras but not too far from standard, all original parts still in the shed
I have never posted a picture & wouldn’t know how to, I will try but bare with me on that but can send what’s app no problem

Last edited by Sti-Tom; 05 July 2020 at 12:11 PM.
Old 05 July 2020, 12:11 PM
Sti-Tom
Scooby Regular

Taken on iPhone, reg not included obviously

Old 05 July 2020, 12:23 PM
stonejedi
Scooby Regular

Received 149 Likes on 109 Posts

Your car looks very nice and clean...raffling is a good idea but the price of the tickets need to come down for it to be viable,maybe make the tickets much cheaper but sell more?The odds/chances would still be a million times better to win the car compared to the national lottery.SJ.
Old 05 July 2020, 12:39 PM
Sti-Tom
Scooby Regular

I was going to use bonus ball as that way there is no chance of any cheating & people can see results live wherever they are , I know I am getting a lot more than it is worth & I understand it would be easier to pay £100 a ticket but I see them for sale between £7000 & £12000 + . I like to think mine is a good one but people’s opinion vary drastically & I probably would never put it up for sale due to people & there option. My kids say I’m crazy even considering getting rid of it , I know I have people locally who said they would have tickets obviously just not that many so I thought I would put it on here for an honest opinion & judge interest. I thought it might of got some interest as we are all here for these cars .
Old 05 July 2020, 01:18 PM
Gambit
Scooby Regular

Received 244 Likes on 183 Posts

Just sell the car to a raffle company? usually people only want to play £20 raffles for a car, £250 is a big outlay on a raffle ticket
The following 4 users liked this post by Gambit:
Old 05 July 2020, 01:31 PM
1509joe
Scooby Regular

Received 284 Likes on 253 Posts

What tax bracket is it in Tom I might make you a cheeky offer.
Old 05 July 2020, 02:12 PM
Sti-Tom
Scooby Regular

Cheap tax £320 I think
Old 05 July 2020, 05:26 PM
Dave Y
Scooby Regular
Support Scoobynet!

Received 135 Likes on 99 Posts

What price are you hoping for Tom ?
Old 05 July 2020, 06:03 PM
the shreksta
Scooby Regular

Received 497 Likes on 339 Posts

Originally Posted by Dave Y
What price are you hoping for Tom ?
he is hoping for 59 people that can afford to lose £250 each..........
Old 05 July 2020, 06:26 PM
Sti-Tom
Scooby Regular

Only 58 need to loose 1 would be very happy I’m sure , I really don’t have a cash price , I didn’t have any intention of selling before the raffle idea
Old 05 July 2020, 06:54 PM
IainMilford
Scooby Regular

Received 90 Likes on 63 Posts

There are loads of competitions out there now where you can win a lot more for a lot less!! £250 is way overpriced, I’m quite happy to spank £20 every now and again on these competitions on the understanding that I’m probably not going to win but you never know so sod it let’s have a go, £250 Is way too much to ask imo for most people to hand over. When I see private people putting these things up i always wonder what happens when they only sell a fraction of the tickets so never make the money, do they give the money back or disappear into the sunset lol
Old 05 July 2020, 06:58 PM
R666ORY+1
Scooby Regular

Received 29 Likes on 24 Posts

These are done purely on trust and can easily be corrupted and that’s why for higher value items/buy ins people become wary. If done right then great but with a vehicle it gets complicated.

For example an utter scum bag that worked at a location I worked at did exactly this. Maximum of 90 tickets. Randomised football match, which minute the first goal was scored wins. All tickets sold, match took place, first goal scored winner delighted. Car stolen (with keys) prior to winner collecting car. No insurance for winner, seller of tickets considered it not his issue. Police involved and said they could do nothing. They can’t force someone to report a car stolen and make an insurance claim. They can’t force them to hand over an item that doesn’t exist. The transactions can’t be proven (in this incidence). Nothing could be done.

Really needs be done through a impartial third party to protect all involved. If done right and a reduction in buy in I’d do it though. You really need at a minimum the signed V5 held independently, car secured with a impartial independent. Allow people to view the vehicle so they can assure themselves it’s not a dud and provide reg so due diligence checks can be done. That’s still all done on trust and not lawfully in the UK.

In theory it’s a great idea but not as simple as it appears. Not for a second suggesting OP you are dishonest but incidents can happen out of your control that leave you very vulnerable as well, no matter how legitimate you are.
Old 05 July 2020, 07:37 PM
Sti-Tom
Scooby Regular

In my defence I have nothing to hide the car can be viewed at my home address , log book in my name & address, yes there are plenty of much cheaper raffles but you would have a 1 in 59 chance to win , bonus ball winner cannot be fixed & no money taken until tickets reserved/sold . Obviously people miles away probably won’t drive to check car or address . But I’m sure somebody not to far could come and assure people it is what I say . I said at the beginning just an idea of interest & if it’s a non starter so be it . I do not dislike my car at all , I have no problem keeping it longer & using it
Old 05 July 2020, 10:17 PM
Arnold
Scooby Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I've seen people selling cars like this to be auctioned off by the car raffle companies, mentioned above, but they wouldn't pay you £15K.

Message a company like 7 days performance, and see if they're interested in it.
Old 05 July 2020, 10:43 PM
STI -V4
Scooby Regular

My brother is in the market for one and would pay £8k if any good to you..
Old 06 July 2020, 07:06 AM
johno01
Scooby Regular

Received 673 Likes on 521 Posts

Originally Posted by STI -V4
My brother is in the market for one and would pay £8k if any good to you..
lol...he wants nearly twice that. He’s testing the water to see if he can get 14750 for it via raffle or he’s not selling at all.
Old 06 July 2020, 07:14 AM
ej20boy
BANNED

Originally Posted by johno01
lol...he wants nearly twice that. He’s testing the water to see if he can get 14750 for it via raffle or he’s not selling at all.
he might want twice that but there is no way a uk wide track is worth anywhere near that especially in this climate its now a sub 10k car.
jdm are worth a bit more
Old 06 July 2020, 07:39 AM
johno01
Scooby Regular

Received 673 Likes on 521 Posts

Originally Posted by ej20boy
he might want twice that but there is no way a uk wide track is worth anywhere near that especially in this climate its now a sub 10k car.
jdm are worth a bit more
I completely agree. 14750 is ridiculous. I do think that depending on condition a good well speccd uk blobeye widetrack is worth abit more than sub 10k though but as you said in this economy there are some poor souls who will have lost jobs, pay cuts etc and there will be some bargains out there. It seems eBay and pistonheads sellers are actually raising there prices

Old 06 July 2020, 08:10 AM
ej20boy
BANNED

I completely agree. 14750 is ridiculous. I do think that depending on condition a good well speccd uk blobeye widetrack is worth abit more than sub 10k though but as you said in this economy there are some poor souls who will have lost jobs, pay cuts etc and there will be some bargains out there. It seems eBay and pistonheads sellers are actually raising there prices
It is probably the most desirable uk spec sti so he may find the right buyer as the car does look great.
Only a real inspection will tell, rust is killing them now.
Its still seen 15 uk salty winters
Old 06 July 2020, 08:19 AM
Sti-Tom
Scooby Regular

I think the water is well & truly tested ! Looks like it’s not worth a gamble, I know the car isn’t worth £14500 that’s obvious. But I know if I paid £250 for a ticket & won you wouldn’t take the smile off my face . Like someone said I probably wouldn’t put it up for sale , thanks again everyone who commented
Old 06 July 2020, 09:19 AM
Andycat
Scooby Regular

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

this is true ive noticed most car prices actually are up ...any make ....strange
Old 06 July 2020, 11:57 AM
fpan
Scooby Regular

Received 175 Likes on 129 Posts

I sold my Abarth to dreamcargiveaway for almost the asking price. They are a good bunch of lads & car enthusiasts.
Although the car seems very clean £15k is a bit high.

Last edited by fpan; 06 July 2020 at 11:59 AM.

Quick Reply: Widetrack raffle !!!