ScoobyNet General General Subaru Discussion

Bugeye STI Wagon Prices

Search this Thread

Old 15 July 2020, 02:31 AM
rickybobby
Scooby Regular

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Default Bugeye STI Wagon Prices

Been looking for a Bugeye STI Wagon for the missus as the dogs are now getting bigger and she's bored of the Audi.

Seem to be a bit of a rarity, when I looked a few years ago there were 1 or 2 about but can't remember what sort of £.

Checked on Hurst Cars, none on there so I'm now wondering how many there are over here and what sort of £ we'd expect to pay?

Seen a handful of JDM Bugeye STI saloons ranging from £7-9k and know the spec is similar on the wagon apart from some bits being optional (brembos etc).

If anyone knows of one or has one theyre thinking of selling let me know details and the sort of money required.

Cheers
Old 15 July 2020, 04:56 AM
hedgecutter
Scooby Regular

Received 644 Likes on 470 Posts

I looked at one at least 6 years ago at Hurst, at£7950. It was tatty.
Old 15 July 2020, 05:38 AM
ej20boy
BANNED

Received 27 Likes on 22 Posts

I'm looking for another impreza.
either a widetrack uk blob
Or a widetrack jdm blob hawk or spec c.
prices are all over the place and a lot really are tatty and overpriced.
Old 15 July 2020, 07:05 AM
Henrik
Scooby Regular

Received 145 Likes on 109 Posts

the bugeye estate STI is a cool car, admittedly, but I don't think I could justify the extra spend over a bugeye estate (which must be the least desirable impreza out there?)

How about a Forester STI instead? Or if it has to be bug-eye, and you cannot find an STI, then you could probably even get a standard estate, fit an STI gearbox, STI turbo, steering rack and brakes, and still be quids in. The suspension will be 20 years old soon, so no point paying extra for original STI items, as they'd most likely be shot anyway.
Old 15 July 2020, 07:56 AM
jameswrx
Scooby Regular

Received 41 Likes on 28 Posts

They’re definitely worth the extra over the normal bugeye, you’ll also be able to sell it easy. I’ve had one and have a normal WRX wagon now, the engine and gearbox make the car a lot nicer. Mine had brembos (which aren’t stock though) too which was nice. I’d happily pay a premium over a saloon too just for the rarity value.

Funny thing, I was talking to a Jap importer on the phone and he said he can get “anything”. I said I would like another bugeye sti wagon and he said “they never made one”. Was quite surprised he’d never heard of them and you could tell he didn’t believe me when I was trying to explain they were legit.

There was a chap on the Facebook group selling one cheap, said he’d just imported it. Someone was asking with a £7k (I think) budget and he replied. I took a screen shot

I’m wondering if it’s legit though but might be worth a message. Just can’t see them being that cheap in Japan anymore. Mine went off to Norway or Sweden I think.

Old 15 July 2020, 10:11 AM
STI -V4
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I Sold mine for £7500 about 18 months ago but you are right there are not many around. I think as a fresh import they will be more expensive than one thats been over here a few years.
Old 15 July 2020, 02:10 PM
HonestIago
Scooby Regular

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

I put a bid in on a nice Bug STI Wagon last year through Torque GT before eventually winning my Blob WRX Wagon. I think the bid was the equivalent of it being around £10.5k OTR in the UK and I missed out - this was a Grade 4 with reasonably low miles IIRC.