ScoobyNet General General Subaru Discussion

Post lockdown

Search this Thread

Old 18 July 2020, 06:22 PM
johno01
Scooby Regular

Received 672 Likes on 521 Posts
Default Post lockdown

Hi fellow enthusiasts, how are you doing since lockdown happened at the end of February? Being a gas engineer myself I’m visiting people NOW i visited before lockdown and the conversation we have is usually “who would have thought the country would be in lockdown in February” What makes me think/worry is what on earth is around the corner for us? No one would’ve predicted what has happened. Correct me if I’m wrong
Old 18 July 2020, 06:59 PM
the shreksta
Scooby Regular

Received 496 Likes on 339 Posts

Originally Posted by johno01
Hi fellow enthusiasts, how are you doing since lockdown happened at the end of February? Being a gas engineer myself I’m visiting people NOW i visited before lockdown and the conversation we have is usually “who would have thought the country would be in lockdown in February” What makes me think/worry is what on earth is around the corner for us? No one would’ve predicted what has happened. Correct me if I’m wrong
its made me realise that there is more to life than just work and a nice driveway trophy, we got married in mid-feb and were planning (and paid for) a honey moon which has now been postponed, our 1st anniversary will come round before we get our honeymoon.............

i was due to either get a new car or pump alot of money into my hawk sti but seeing my wife who was a key worker in the care industry work her **** off and put herself at risk whilst i spunked money into cars just seemed wrong especially whilst our garden was a 250sq meter wasteland. so i sold my car last week and ive instructed my chosen landscaper to design and build us a low maintenance garden consisting of a hot-tub/15ft x 12ft shed/porcelain patio/oak sleeper retaining wall and wooden gazebo. my wife has 3 days off a week and she likes to have family/friends round and with nowhere to sit outside it made me feel guilty so my toy had to go.

we had a **** year last year as i broke my shoulder, then i was diagnosed with a condition which there is no cure so ive had to drastically change how i live and what i do to maintain it and then my grandma was knocked over by a carer last year and died of head injuries,there has been a 12 month case against the care company which has took its toll on all of us. she left quite a lot of money to me so after seeing this covid 19 pandemic i didnt want to put her money into a car so that has helped pay the massive bill for my garden transformation.

ive taken the foot off the gas at work and im actually thinking about dropping down from my position. i work 6 days a week 10 hour shifts so barely get anytime for my wife/family.

The following 2 users liked this post by the shreksta:
Old 18 July 2020, 07:18 PM
johno01
Scooby Regular

Received 672 Likes on 521 Posts

Originally Posted by the shreksta
its made me realise that there is more to life than just work and a nice driveway trophy, we got married in mid-feb and were planning (and paid for) a honey moon which has now been postponed, our 1st anniversary will come round before we get our honeymoon.............

i was due to either get a new car or pump alot of money into my hawk sti but seeing my wife who was a key worker in the care industry work her **** off and put herself at risk whilst i spunked money into cars just seemed wrong especially whilst our garden was a 250sq meter wasteland. so i sold my car last week and ive instructed my chosen landscaper to design and build us a low maintenance garden consisting of a hot-tub/15ft x 12ft shed/porcelain patio/oak sleeper retaining wall and wooden gazebo. my wife has 3 days off a week and she likes to have family/friends round and with nowhere to sit outside it made me feel guilty so my toy had to go.

we had a **** year last year as i broke my shoulder, then i was diagnosed with a condition which there is no cure so ive had to drastically change how i live and what i do to maintain it and then my grandma was knocked over by a carer last year and died of head injuries,there has been a 12 month case against the care company which has took its toll on all of us. she left quite a lot of money to me so after seeing this covid 19 pandemic i didnt want to put her money into a car so that has helped pay the massive bill for my garden transformation.

ive taken the foot off the gas at work and im actually thinking about dropping down from my position. i work 6 days a week 10 hour shifts so barely get anytime for my wife/family.
Shreksta I don’t know you but I know **** has happened to a good person and will happen to many other good people...Donald trump suspended funding to the WHO (world health organisation) whether its there fault or china’s fault I don’t know but life has changed for the foreseeable future and does someone need to be held accountable?
Old 18 July 2020, 07:55 PM
the shreksta
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by johno01
Shreksta I don’t know you but I know **** has happened to a good person and will happen to many other good people...Donald trump suspended funding to the WHO (world health organisation) whether its there fault or china’s fault I don’t know but life has changed for the foreseeable future and does someone need to be held accountable?
i wouldnt say they need to be held accountable but they certainly need to change their ways (and be forced to do so if they wont)

Old 19 July 2020, 11:06 AM
NOSSY_89
Scooby Regular

Received 448 Likes on 372 Posts

Originally Posted by the shreksta

I saw a few times how you mentioned that you were selling your Hawk and just couldn't understand why. But this makes so much sense to the story. Hope the next 12 months are better for you mate.
The following 2 users liked this post by NOSSY_89:
Old 19 July 2020, 11:13 AM
the shreksta
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by NOSSY_89
I saw a few times how you mentioned that you were selling your Hawk and just couldn't understand why. But this makes so much sense to the story. Hope the next 12 months are better for you mate.
thanks buddy, yeah i hope so too mate.
The following users liked this post: