Notices
ScoobyNet General General Subaru Discussion

toyota ontrack - dont know what you expect but!!

Search this Thread

Old 24 May 2001, 07:38 PM
simo
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Firstly, got to thank Toyota for staging the ontrack days, reported cost is 1.2 million for the 16 days!!!

I don't know what I expected but here is what I got.

4 laps of the national circuit, 1st with profesional to show lines, 2 driving and a 'flying lap' as the 4th & final in lap. A quick go on a slalom course in an Avensis!! to show the stability control box of tricks and a drive around the off road course in a Landcrusier (this was fun, but to short).

To think, I got lambasted by a mate on the telephone last night for not telling him about these 'track days'. Was not worth an afternoon off work, though the weather was great (no wind @ silverstone!!) the toyota hostesses were lovely

Thank god for Bedford tomorrow, looks like I will have to make up for it

simon
Old 24 May 2001, 08:23 PM
MarkWRX
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Just got back myself. Was a enjoyable afternoon, but you felt like you were just herded on and off the track as quickly as possible as so many people (guess 200?).

Had the same 4 laps, but didnt really get a full lap as the first was an outlap and the 2nd the inlap. Not enough time to settle in let alone learn the car and the corners etc.
Drove the Prius hybrid car, great technology and 60mpg etc but if this is the future of motoring then god help us all :-)

Well at least it was a nice day, the food wasnt bad and yes the hostesses were all lovely, and they all work hard so thanks go out to them :-)

Mark