Notices
ScoobyNet General General Subaru Discussion

Parked in solihull with STi s on board........

Search this Thread

Old 18 June 2002, 09:20 PM
KENT SMITH
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angry

Hi all...I was parked on the A45 last night with 6 STi s & 5 WRX s on board my transporter which were for IM at Quedgeley,they were all locked and when i got up this morning in my cab i noticed some little b*r*ta*ds broke into all the cars on board and damaged quite a few of them,so if youve ordered an STi,it may take a bit longer than expected to be delivered to your local dealer....Someone out theremust know who did this.:
[

[Edited by KENT SMITH - 6/18/2002 9:22:29 PM]
Old 19 June 2002, 05:55 PM
DrEvil
Scooby Regular

Arrow

Moved to ScoobyNet General.. as it is Scooby related... ish...
Old 19 June 2002, 06:59 PM
Big Goon
Scooby Regular

FFs, if my STi was on-board I will make the ******* bleed anally if I find out who they are !!! [img]images/smilies/mad.gif[/img] [img]images/smilies/mad.gif[/img] [img]images/smilies/mad.gif[/img]
Old 19 June 2002, 07:59 PM
555 Markus
Scooby Regular

Angry

Given the current scare stories in the newspapers almost every day now, isn't it a bit naive parking a transporter load of Imprezas in a busy area and not expecting them to get noticed? Ok, so they were locked, but that clearly isn't gonna stop some people. If scum will risk breaking into houses to gain the keys think how tempting a lorry load will look.

Am I alone in being amazed that the crime wasn't more serious? Fortunately for you it wasn't, and I'm relieved for you in that respect.

Theres a lesson to be learnt here...

Mark

Old 19 June 2002, 09:22 PM
AndyC_772
Scooby Regular

Thumbs down

Please, give the guy a break! His job is delivering cars, and there aren't too many places you can park a transporter that's 'out of the way'. You can't possibly blame him for his cargo being vandalised! [img]images/smilies/mad.gif[/img]

Let's just hope that Subaru / IM do a decent job of replacing any damaged parts, and that nobody has to wait too long for their cars.

Andy.
Old 19 June 2002, 09:39 PM
boomer
Scooby Senior

Exclamation

Kent,

please feed this back to IM, as in the end - we will all end up paying more for our Scoobs (AND their insurance) if this kind of stuff carries on! It seems rather silly to be parking a truck load of Scoobs overnight in an insecure area!!!

mb
Old 19 June 2002, 09:45 PM
555 Markus
Scooby Regular

Unhappy

I'm not blaming the guy, because, as you say he's only doing his job. I'm just astounded that his bosses (IM or Subaru?) would ask him to do deliveries that involve an overnight stop with the transporter fully loaded. Thats gotta be well over £200k just sitting there with minimal security.

Sure, the cars can be repaired. But the driver is being placed at risk by being asked to "guard" the cars overnight.

Mark
Old 19 June 2002, 10:56 PM
Jools
Scooby Regular

Red face

I am with you on this one 555 Markus. Do we believe for a minute that the RAC Tracker are already activated; I think not!

Mine was not activated until the day we picked up our Sti. Now maybe if the cars were stolen they could activate them remotely, but I doubt this cause all the info, ser no’s, etc for the particular Tracker fitted to the car would be inside the damn car.

Hang on a minute, thinking aloud here, when do the trackers get fitted to the cars...At IM if I am correct, so chances are they’re not even fitted yet!!!

Flipping heck, doesn’t bare thinking about does it!
Old 19 June 2002, 11:05 PM
bug-eyed wonder
Scooby Regular

I have to agree that parking up a transporter full of scoobs is lunacy!
No offence to the driver doing his job but would Securicor park up a van containing £200K in cash in a lay-by?
IMHO the driver is lucky to be able to post this up, afterall where were all the keys? In the cab perchance?
Old 19 June 2002, 11:13 PM
pslewis
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Question

Has anyone ever seen 11 cars on a transporter?? seems a lot?

Would 11 Imprezas WITH keys in cab be left unsecured??

Would only ONE driver be used??

Why was the lorry parked up overnight?? - the UK is hardly a massive country, you can get from top to bottom in a day easily!!

Just asking!!

Pete
Old 19 June 2002, 11:14 PM
Harry_Boy
Scooby Regular

So Kent - do you work for an independent third party transport company? I'd be surprised if it was IM or Subaru direct.....
Old 20 June 2002, 10:21 AM
Puff The Magic Wagon!
Support Scoobynet!

Received 15 Likes on 9 Posts
FFS

Give Kent a break for heavens sake!

He's a truck driver (sorry HGV ) and he has to abide by quite stringent rules and regulations concerning when & for how long he can drive. If his rest period is due, or he's reached his daily limit, then he MUST stop. Otherwise he might lose his livlihood and him/his company get a large fine. Tachographs?

He's been decent enough to report this to the community, so stop hitting on him. Cargos go up & down this country's roads, and are parked up in lay-bys, with values that far exceed that of 11 scoobs

Doh!
Old 20 June 2002, 12:30 PM
mutant_matt
Scooby Regular

Talking

The cars come off the ship @ Liverpool docks and are transported to IM's facility in Quedgly (sp?). They have the alarms and Trackstar fitted before being shipped on to the dealers.

I presume that they were on their way to the dealers when said incident occured.

Matt

P.S. Give the guy a break...
Old 20 June 2002, 12:52 PM
Harry_Boy
Scooby Regular

Hi Matt,

Re-reading Kent's post, it seems that they were bound FOR IM, not from IM to the dealers. Hence, security on the cars would be questionable....
Old 20 June 2002, 01:05 PM
speedking
Scooby Regular

Probably the tractor and trailer units are worth more than the cost price of 11 scoobs (£110,000) before IM add their mark up

The w4nkers probably broke in to move the cars and make the truck easier to steal
Old 20 June 2002, 01:27 PM
mutant_matt
Scooby Regular

Unhappy

Re-reading it, you're right
on board my transporter which were for IM at Quedgeley
Non alarmed and Trackstar'd up

Matt.
Old 20 June 2002, 01:30 PM
Gastro
Scooby Regular

Bl**dy h*ll !......
This could have been a more organized crime - or the HGV was spotted and followed ?
Just a thought....

Gastro
Old 20 June 2002, 10:46 PM
KENT SMITH
Scooby Regular

Question

Thanks for all the replies lads,anybody would think all this was all my fault,as there were the two of us with transporters my mate parked behind so the STi s were safe.All UK Scoobys arrive on ship at South Shields and not Liverpool.PUFF THE MAGIC WAGON you hit the nail right on the head,by the time we had run down toSouth Shields from Scotland our driving time was up at solihull & is there any where in the midlands safe to park a loaded transporter,i think not.....
Old 20 June 2002, 11:41 PM
Harry_Boy
Scooby Regular

Next time it's an armed guard and helicopters, Kent.... Are you independent or employed by IM?
Old 21 June 2002, 09:31 PM
KENT SMITH
Scooby Regular

HARRY-BOY......i work for an independent company who have the sole contract for SCOOBYS & IZUZU...