ScoobyNet General General Subaru Discussion

Starting problems

Search this Thread

Old 29 November 2020, 11:50 AM
Dbar
Scooby Newbie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Starting problems

Hey all this is my first post, owned the 2001 impreza non turbo ej201 for 3 months now, been off the road for a month whilst I've been changing the suspension, came out this morning to start it, it was frosty, first this year, basically its turning over but not starting, I have no lights on dash, the only one is the immobiliser until I disarm it, no mel, nothing. Also it has a aftermarket push start button as the ignition barrel went bad, so it got changed as I never had the £££ to get a new one. it's never gave me any problems before. I changed the battery last week as the old was on it's way out, all terminals look ok, no rust or corrosion. When I put it to the on position theres no noises and no lights but it cranks over just doesnt start. Cant think of anything else. Could it be a fuse or relay, so advise from people who know better will be greatly appreciated. Been bringing the car back to life as the last 10 years it's been abused and am at the point where it's all finished and then this this morning. What yous think and what do I look at to sorting this. Again thanks in advance for any help.
The following users liked this post:
Old 29 November 2020, 11:54 AM
nicam49
Scooby Regular

Received 51 Likes on 40 Posts

So, is this the 1st time you've tried to start it since working on the suspension? When was the last time you ran it?
Old 29 November 2020, 03:00 PM
RockyRoad
Scooby Regular

Received 129 Likes on 108 Posts

So it was working fine before you parked it up a month ago? First thing I'd be doing is retracing every single little thing you have changed or unplugged. You say the ignition barrel has been changed. When was that and did you make sure the factory immobiliser was swapped over? The Sigma and factory immobiliser's are separate and work differently.
Old 02 December 2020, 01:43 AM
Vxr2010
Scooby Regular

Received 283 Likes on 246 Posts

can your here the fuel pump priming before you try and start it ? immobiliser or alarm issue ?