Search this Thread

Old 21 December 2020, 02:08 PM
semih
Scooby Regular

Received 14 Likes on 11 Posts
Default impreza classic or modded newage sti

hi,

i want to ask question about my indecision,

i have my99 impreza classic with sti drivetrain and unmodded engine(about 240hp with prodrive ecu). i love my car, it's unmodded and clean example. chassis is about 129k km.

my friend is selling his modded new age sti.(rotated gtx3076r, built shortblock, built heads, standalone ecu etc.) chassis is good(about 130k km)

i want new age sti but i like my classic's simplicity, rawness etc. i can not describe but as if new age sti does not have these

what do you think about ?

regards,

Semih
Old 21 December 2020, 06:06 PM
scoobaholic
Scooby Regular

Received 55 Likes on 45 Posts

Hey, I went from a impreza 2000 to a 05 Sti. First drive felt very heavy and big in comparison. I actually was thinking of selling it again until I sorted the suspension, now I‘m happy with it. I think you just have to test it as both are great cars in my opinion. I have to say I love my lightly modded newage now but I can‘t really say that I have more fun in it than in a stock lower spec classic.
Old 21 December 2020, 08:33 PM
plenty
Scooby Regular

Received 44 Likes on 30 Posts

It sounds like you need to scratch an itch. The urge to experience different cars is something we all know as petrolheads.

I do believe that after a while you will miss your classic. How do I know? It’s your choice of words such as “simplicity” and “rawness”. These describe the classics perfectly and as modern cars get ever larger, less communicative and more insulated the classics become more special.

A newage is still a simple and raw car by most standards, but you feel the extra size and 200 kgs.

I had a blob and a heavily modded hawk after owning a couple of classics. I liked them both but have no interest in owning a newage again, whereas I have just acquired a 1997 v3.