ScoobyNet General General Subaru Discussion

Jdm Coombe October 2021 anyone?

Search this Thread

Old 10 May 2021, 09:13 AM
hedgecutter
Scooby Regular

Received 647 Likes on 473 Posts
Default Jdm Coombe October 2021 anyone?

Anyone going to this? I'm off with my local club down here, never been to a big show, complete track virgin; what should I expect for the track sessions, in terms of numbers on track etc?
Really going for the track tasters as I'm so far away from any other track events, and the drive up !
Any tips on car prep appreciated, but dreading the cleaning beforehand, may turn up all ****ty.
Old 10 May 2021, 09:31 AM
johno01
Scooby Regular

Received 673 Likes on 521 Posts

I will certainly try getting to it 👍 only 3 hrs 30 minutes away 🤬
Old 10 May 2021, 09:54 AM
adam.pah
Scooby Regular

Received 453 Likes on 306 Posts

I also had an eye on this one. I'm always warry of getting track time at these events, people tend to think they are much better drivers than they actually are with the crowds watching.
I have never driven Combe before though so would love to get some track time there.
Old 10 May 2021, 11:00 AM
hedgecutter
Scooby Regular

Good advice but already bought!! If it looks a nightmare I'll just bin it! I may well get there before then for a proper track day and some tuition.
How many cars do they allow in a session?
Old 10 May 2021, 05:59 PM
man utd
Scooby Regular

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by hedgecutter
Good advice but already bought!! If it looks a nightmare I'll just bin it! I may well get there before then for a proper track day and some tuition.
How many cars do they allow in a session?
I’m doing coombe in July,rsoc day think it will probably be approx 20th track day there, love it, quite an easy track to learn and great fun, think 5/6 of us have booked, you’d be welcome to a few passenger laps if you fancy it mate 👍
Old 10 May 2021, 07:27 PM
hedgecutter
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by man utd
I’m doing coombe in July,rsoc day think it will probably be approx 20th track day there, love it, quite an easy track to learn and great fun, think 5/6 of us have booked, you’d be welcome to a few passenger laps if you fancy it mate 👍
That's another kind invite, but all the Coombe trackdays are on a Friday, aren't they? I'm stuck for Fridays all year.
The following users liked this post:
Old 11 May 2021, 09:26 AM
TECHNOPUG
Scooby Regular

Received 103 Likes on 85 Posts

It's only a few miles down the road from me so I might pop along, although won't be in track.
Old 11 May 2021, 05:27 PM
man utd
Scooby Regular

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts

That's another kind invite, but all the Coombe trackdays are on a Friday, aren't they? I'm stuck for Fridays all year.
it’s a Saturday usually the 1st Saturday in July, all our booking carried over from last year, always a good day and we make a weekend of it so usually sat in a beer garden half n hour after track closes 👍
The following users liked this post:
Old 12 May 2021, 09:03 PM
DAN@ADRIAN FLUX
Sponsor

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Hi.
If anyone needs track day insurance then please feel free to give us a try.
Regards,
Dan.
Old 13 May 2021, 07:52 AM
hedgecutter
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by DAN@ADRIAN FLUX
Hi.
If anyone needs track day insurance then please feel free to give us a try.
Regards,
Dan.
Why ? I didn't ask for track insurance on this thread, and when I've contacted you in the past, you've wasted 35 minutes of my time before your untrained employee informed me he couldn't insure "ordinary " cars.
On top of this, all you do is make shameless plugs for your business; you NEVER offer any helpful info to this forum. In fact, you're a leach to this forum.
The rest of us have to pay on here when we want to sell something. Boils my ****, you do.

Last edited by hedgecutter; 13 May 2021 at 07:55 AM.
Old 13 May 2021, 10:52 AM
RockyRoad
Scooby Regular

Received 129 Likes on 108 Posts

Why ? I didn't ask for track insurance on this thread, and when I've contacted you in the past, you've wasted 35 minutes of my time before your untrained employee informed me he couldn't insure "ordinary " cars.
On top of this, all you do is make shameless plugs for your business; you NEVER offer any helpful info to this forum. In fact, you're a leach to this forum.
The rest of us have to pay on here when we want to sell something. Boils my ****, you do.
Tell us how you really feel why don't you
Old 13 May 2021, 11:02 AM
adam.pah
Scooby Regular

Received 453 Likes on 306 Posts

Ouch! The truth hurts. I've always found them far more expensive than Keith Michaels too.
Old 14 May 2021, 11:12 AM
Floyd
Scooby Regular

Received 9 Likes on 5 Posts

They don't call it Castle Crash for nothing! People get caught out on Avon Rise, where the car can go light, before entering Quarry (where all the spectators will be...). Tower can also be an issue if you go in too hot.

If they do sighting laps then make sure you get on those to help you calibrate yourself on the track layout. It's a fast track, for sure.
Old 14 May 2021, 04:45 PM
hedgecutter
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Floyd
They don't call it Castle Crash for nothing! People get caught out on Avon Rise, where the car can go light, before entering Quarry (where all the spectators will be...). Tower can also be an issue if you go in too hot.

If they do sighting laps then make sure you get on those to help you calibrate yourself on the track layout. It's a fast track, for sure.
Thanks Floyd. I've got a beginners one, which is probably the most lethal, but I'll just title and use it for sighting if everyone is mental. Then I've got another later on. Got to start somewhere. I'll check out some videos!
Sorry about the rant, just feed up with posters that use forums for their own business, yet offer nothing to members in terms of knowledge.
Old 14 May 2021, 04:55 PM
johno01
Scooby Regular

Received 673 Likes on 521 Posts

Which day in question are you going to? I see the jdm Coombe in October, is the ford one on the 19th June and not in July? Cheers