Notices
ScoobyNet General General Subaru Discussion

Increased CO Emissions after fitting centre sports cat - remap needed?

Search this Thread

Old 03 October 2021, 05:54 PM
scoobydog
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Increased CO Emissions after fitting centre sports cat - remap needed?

Hi,

Grateful if anyone has any thoughts on this.

Since fitting a custom exhaust (standard diameter pipe) which has a sports cat in place of the old standard centre section one (the downpipe cat is still the original) I always get high CO emissions at MOT which are a bit marginal as to whether it passes. I guess to some extent it's a characteristic of sports cats anyway, however thing is I've never had the car remapped since fitting the new exhaust and am wondering if a modest remap done for efficiency/driveability as opposed to outright power would make the car more efficient, run leaner and therefore reduce the CO. Car is a 2007 hawkeye WRX with standard engine.

Anyone got any experience of change in emissions (for either better or worse) after a remap like this.

Thanks

Last edited by scoobydog; 03 October 2021 at 06:14 PM.
Old 03 October 2021, 06:15 PM
Vxr2010
Scooby Regular

Received 283 Likes on 246 Posts

most scoobys will have higher than a normal car co emissions , by binning a standard cat for sports cat that will probably add to it , but should still pass as the downpipe cat is most important one ,i have straight through de cat centre pipes , passes the mot but ideally needs to be warm , was the exhaust hot before testing it ? if not get it hot first , none of my scoobies tend to go through very easily as they all have sports cats in the downpipe , my monaro is worse when it comes to mot time v the scooby , if yours passed i would not be concerned , on the plus side a re map gives it a lot more punch will probably increase co levels 👍
Old 03 October 2021, 08:37 PM
1509joe
Scooby Regular

Received 284 Likes on 253 Posts

Can never understand this dilemma numerous Subaru's about me not one cat to be seen. Now apart from the visual check they all pass with flying colours with a decent map. If they pass they don't generally look for the cat visually and there all tested in government run test stations in N.I.
Old 06 October 2021, 04:40 PM
scoobydog
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks guys that's helpful. As you say I think a remap may be on the cards anyway as be nice to have a bit more power!