ScoobyNet General General Subaru Discussion

where is everyone

Search this Thread

Old 09 October 2021, 08:22 AM
scoobydooooo
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default where is everyone

what's happened to this place , the last time I was on here the place was busy busy busy , now its like a morgue . what happened ??
Old 09 October 2021, 11:00 AM
adam.pah
Scooby Regular

Received 453 Likes on 306 Posts

It’s very quiet nowadays.
several reasons I can think of:
- less scoobies on the road for a start.
- most topics have already been covered on here at some point
- lots of trolls make it an unpleasant forum at times
- lack of traffic means traders/experts go else where
- there’s no one really running the forum anymore
- social media

I’m not a huge fan of social media but I understand why people wouldnt want to pay for a membership on here when when there are no real benefits anymore and they can sell stuff on market place for free.

The only reason I have a membership really is to try to support this site as a resource for enthusiasts.

The following 9 users liked this post by adam.pah:
Beastie, Hawkeye D, Henrik, johno01, LeeScooby333, scoobydooooo, semih, the shreksta, ZANY and 4 others liked this post. (Show less...)
Old 09 October 2021, 03:49 PM
lockheed
Scooby Regular

Received 406 Likes on 314 Posts

I still pay for membership for the reason you stated.
Even the trolls have left mostly, i see some of them have had their **** handed to them recently and have stopped posting.
The following users liked this post:
Old 09 October 2021, 03:56 PM
adam.pah
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by lockheed
Even the trolls have left mostly, i see some of them have had their **** handed to them recently and have stopped posting.
Shame I missed that ha ha! I haven’t been frequenting these pages as often as I used to I have to admit
Old 09 October 2021, 08:03 PM
The Joshua Tree
Scooby Regular

Received 158 Likes on 108 Posts

I think Facebook and other social media places have had an impact on forums like this, their are a lot of Subaru groups on facebook, a lot are specific to the type of car you own as well. You tend to get quicker responses on social media as more people are constantly on their phones on places like facebook etc compared to people using the general internet.
Old 09 October 2021, 10:47 PM
Bean1984
Scooby Regular

Received 23 Likes on 18 Posts

Trouble with these sites is, it takes an age to log on, look for the thread, reply too such n such topic where as face ache you get the notification, click on it and your there so ultimately people will go for that as its quicker and sadly more convenient but you get the old farts who still support this site and people like me who hate social media as much as flipping covid sadly
Old 14 October 2021, 05:10 PM
johno01
Scooby Regular

Received 672 Likes on 521 Posts

Lots of subaru owners and enthusiasts visit this site but they just don’t post. I love this site but it is quite boring for most of the time. When a good thread gets started it does bring people out the woodwork.
Old 14 October 2021, 05:45 PM
adam.pah
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by johno01
Lots of subaru owners and enthusiasts visit this site but they just don’t post. I love this site but it is quite boring for most of the time. When a good thread gets started it does bring people out the woodwork.
I'd be interested to see what the actual traffic is Johno. I think people use it as a resource rather than a place to interact with others.
I actually use another forum more often than this one. Why? It's friendly (for the most part) and there is good/interesting conversations. The site is also run very well and efforts are made to get people together for shows or track days or even just socials, therefore creating a more interactive environment.
There are a few people on here that I speak to away from the forum but it's not exactly encouraged. Where is Scoobynet at shows and events? It's not there, there's no-one actively running this site and that's why people have lost interest.
Old 14 October 2021, 06:10 PM
johno01
Scooby Regular

Just 1 I can Remember mate

https://www.scoobynet.com/scoobynet-...ispreloading=1
Old 14 October 2021, 06:10 PM
johno01
Scooby Regular

But I’d be up for meeting up under the scoobynet flag....it’s a great site
Old 14 October 2021, 06:14 PM
johno01
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by adam.pah
I'd be interested to see what the actual traffic is Johno. I think people use it as a resource rather than a place to interact with others.
I actually use another forum more often than this one. Why? It's friendly (for the most part) and there is good/interesting conversations. The site is also run very well and efforts are made to get people together for shows or track days or even just socials, therefore creating a more interactive environment.
There are a few people on here that I speak to away from the forum but it's not exactly encouraged. Where is Scoobynet at shows and events? It's not there, there's no-one actively running this site and that's why people have lost interest.

btw mate I agree with you, i notice that when certain threads get posted people come back on from years ago which is great.
Old 14 October 2021, 06:16 PM
Hawkeye D
Scooby Regular

Received 136 Likes on 103 Posts

Looking for VPower!
The following 2 users liked this post by Hawkeye D:
Old 14 October 2021, 06:27 PM
adam.pah
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Hawkeye D
Looking for VPower!
Probably a bit far from you but I got some from Bracknell services on the M4 the other day.
Old 14 October 2021, 10:11 PM
jaygsi
Scooby Regular

Received 257 Likes on 223 Posts

Are you not using the app? I'm on the scoobynet app been using for years.

Originally Posted by The Joshua Tree
I think Facebook and other social media places have had an impact on forums like this, their are a lot of Subaru groups on facebook, a lot are specific to the type of car you own as well. You tend to get quicker responses on social media as more people are constantly on their phones on places like facebook etc compared to people using the general internet.
Old 15 October 2021, 06:25 AM
adam.pah
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by jaygsi
This kind of proves my point Jaygsi. I’ve used this site for 10 years and I didn’t even know there was an app!
Old 15 October 2021, 06:58 AM
hedgecutter
Scooby Regular

Received 645 Likes on 471 Posts

Just as much on here as any Subaru FB page I visit. Except it's not all Varis wings and ****e alloys on here.
Old 15 October 2021, 10:51 AM
NOSSY_89
Scooby Regular

Received 448 Likes on 372 Posts

What site is that mate.

Was thinking the other day haven't seen many posts from you or Dave, not like before. But you have posted a bit more over the last few days. Hope you guys are doing well.
Old 15 October 2021, 01:49 PM
hedgecutter
Scooby Regular

Received 645 Likes on 471 Posts

Originally Posted by NOSSY_89
What site is that mate.

Was thinking the other day haven't seen many posts from you or Dave, not like before. But you have posted a bit more over the last few days. Hope you guys are doing well.
Because it's run by an enthusiast and not commercial. Type Ra forum. Good place.
Old 15 October 2021, 02:03 PM
johno01
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by NOSSY_89
What site is that mate.

all good here brother. Hope you’re doing well mate 👍 I check in here every couple days mate to see what new threads have been posted but it is quite boring most of the time. As and when I get major work done to my car I will be updating my thread.
Old 17 October 2021, 12:45 AM
jaygsi
Scooby Regular

Received 257 Likes on 223 Posts

Wow that's crazy. I use it all the time. Using it now. I was wondering how many people used it.

This kind of proves my point Jaygsi. I’ve used this site for 10 years and I didn’t even know there was an app!
Old 17 October 2021, 07:05 AM
domino46
Scooby Regular

Received 264 Likes on 172 Posts

Wow that's crazy. I use it all the time. Using it now. I was wondering how many people used it.
first iv heard of it aswell

this place has gone down hill in recent years with people being argumentative an not respecting each other very much but iv hung around as its all thats left of the forums really

I moved over to Facebook a couple of years ago as I didn't feel I had any choice ,, the forum I helped start an run for over 10 years was crippled by Facebook use ,, now the page we have on there doesnt have any of the info we used to store on the forum and everyone just wants to post pics of the cars for likes instead of having proper discussions about decent topics
Old 17 October 2021, 08:50 AM
The Joshua Tree
Scooby Regular

Received 158 Likes on 108 Posts

I didn't know their was an app either.
Old 24 October 2021, 09:04 PM
BrokenSpring
Scooby Regular

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

I for one prefer the site. It's an amazing source of info. Also i hate all of the social media, never been registered on any and will never use any.