ScoobyNet General General Subaru Discussion

Doors & Windows

Search this Thread

Old 24 May 2001, 11:47 PM
nuclear_pond
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hi.

When you wind you front windows all the way down, then shut the door, do the rattle a lot, sounding chap and poor quality, or is that just my car? The back ones are OK, but then they dont open all the way.

Also, are the doors prone to dents. I seem to have a few ripples, even though i try to park in large spaces.

Lastly, I have a rattle comming from behind the glove box, seems to be the connector for blocking off the outside air. Is there any way of fastening this down or summat. Its driving me mad.

Oh, one more moan. I had the heat shields replaced last Nov because they were rattling. Now, having had by exhaust replaced (by a dealer) they have started rattling again. Can I demand they fix it for free, as its less that 12 months sice the replacement, plus caused by thier muppeting around with the exhaust?

ta muchly
Old 25 May 2001, 01:19 AM
Chris L
Scooby Regular

Talking

NP

In the immortal words of your dealer : "They all do that sir" I think a lot of people have had rattles on the front windows - I find with mine, if you adjust the opening slightly, this normally cures the problem.

Subaru's would appear to be made from metal only mildly thicker than a cigarette paper. You will find that the doors will dent very easily. If you haven't already, fit the rub strips which will help a little and be careful where you park. If the dents are bad, look at your local Dentmaster in the Yellow Pages - they can normally repair minor dents.

Don't know about the rattle behind the glove box. As regards the heat shields - go and speak to your dealer and see what they will do - not sure if you can force them to replace the shields, but it is worth a try.

Cheers
Chris
Old 25 May 2001, 01:23 AM
T5NYW
Scooby Regular

Location: MY99UK-MY02STi-MY99Type R-MY06 T20-MY11 340R-MY05 TYPE25
Received 22 Likes on 19 Posts
Cool

I have a Uk MY99 and yep with the front windows down it will sound like dropping a box full of spanners when you shut the door. but the same as me you didn't by the car for it's luxury
As for dented doors, A**holes when they see a nice car will allways use your door as a door stop, if their door won't reach it they will use a penny
I was sat in my car a fat hag opened her door into mine and she gave me a dirty look she closed the door and forgot her brolly opened the door again got her brolly I now have <B>TWO DENTS</B>
Tony
Old 25 May 2001, 05:47 AM
sasman
Scooby Regular

Nuc pond, yup windows rattle MY01 but I shut them to stop some dick trying to nick it, when you park, those spaces with a picture of an adult and kid, well I was told Subaru UK owned them and the Scooby is your baby anyway. If not I also use the white lines in the car park as an aid to parking as im so bad at it, and line it up directly underneath the car. The last option which will be used in these equal rites (PC) times involves walking with a limp, but only if you feel guilty. If people are dumb enough to whack cars with there doors, which most mondeo owners are, any parking is acceptable in my book
Old 25 May 2001, 02:56 PM
nuclear_pond
Scooby Regular

He ha ha . Cheers. I dont mind the rattling windows that much. Its just a case of "if they all do it then thats OK". Just worrien in case mine were bust.

As for the dents, I like your idea about using the whilt line as a center marker. Nice. Also sounds like a good idea to use those disabled spaces. I'm going outside now to practace my limp

As for heat shields, I'll get them looked at at the next service (damn things come round so quickly. 7500 miles my ****!)

Right, suns out so I'm off to was & polish my baby. Got some special blue polish for it today.
Old 25 May 2001, 03:05 PM
Mad Max
Scooby Regular

Guys... I have a 1993 Legacy, and that window noise was already there 7 years ago... Didn't try it on my MY01 yet, cuz I thought they would have fixed it by now

Cheers

Max