Notices
ScoobyNet General General Subaru Discussion

BIG New Banners???

Search this Thread

Old 25 May 2001, 08:58 AM
Stef
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Has anyone else noticed the invasion of some seriously BIG banner ads into Scoobynet??
When I say BIG, I mean big companies like William Hill, BBC, etc, as opposed to the little 'CK1 Productions' et al.
Another step forward in Scoobynet's conquest to rule the world???

Stef.
Old 25 May 2001, 09:08 AM
kryten
Scooby Regular

Is anyone else getting

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:<HR>404 The page cannot be found<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

errors for the bottom banner?
Old 25 May 2001, 10:59 AM
IWatkins
Scooby Regular

Stef,

Yes, I have also noticed that big business banners seem to be mixed in with the Scooby related banners being shown at the top of the page.

Webbie, is this an error, or is this the way of the future ? I can see a few ScoobyNet supporters getting upset about that.

Cheers

Ian
Old 25 May 2001, 11:26 AM
Puff The Magic Wagon!
Support Scoobynet!

Received 15 Likes on 9 Posts
Talking

Ian

Why?

The bbs is FOC to us users ( ) but costs webbie shed-loads.

I've not got a problem with non-scooby related banners as long as it means scoobynet keeps running For the interest of all & you don't have to click on them - although scoobynet gets more revenue if you do

Old 25 May 2001, 01:12 PM
ex-webby
Orange Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Hi Chaps

Thanks for noticing.

The new banners have not changed anything on scoobynet. They are just new advertisers. All that has happened is that we've had a lot of new advertisers recently. This is part of the continual development of scoobynet in that it is now an incredibly large and expensive site to run.

Any people who might get upset about it are of course welcome to cancel their banners, and although this would be sad, they would need to remember that they have been enjoying their banner adverts for as little as a 20th of the cost they should be for the number of impressions they have.

The continual development of scoobynet and some incredible new features, sections and editions (which will genuinely be fabulous) that are coming online shortly all cost money and time.

Also bare in mind that the advertisers that were advertising with us when ScoobyNet2 was launched have not had their prices increased and yet they have enjoyed up to 5 times the level of exposure to a far wider audience than at that time. We have never asked for more money though.

The new advertising on scoobynet is a true saviour of the site (as costs were spiralling), and the way things will continue in the future.

A different alternative would have been to ask all the existing advertisers for 10 times what they are paying now (which would only bring them to about 1/2 the going rate). I'm not sure many would stay.

I truly hope everyone will see this as the positive progress it is.

All the best

Simon
Old 25 May 2001, 03:16 PM
IWatkins
Scooby Regular

So it ain't broken then ?

Si, all seems fair to me.

Cheers

Ian