ScoobyNet General General Subaru Discussion

JDM Hatch EJ20 TwinScroll Downpipe required

Search this Thread

Old 29 June 2024, 07:55 AM
SuperCat
Scooby Regular

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Exclamation JDM Hatch EJ20 TwinScroll Downpipe required

My freshly imported JDM hatchback EJ20 is after a long wait, is finally on a ramp getting it's first inspection and having some major works carried out.

It appears my car has a HKS downpipe installed with 2 cats. With the amount of effort/money being invested I would have liked to have a de-cat downpipe. I didn't realise how difficult this would be to source, been on the phone all week without any joy. I can get one fabricated in 2-4 weeks from H&S or similar but just wondering if anyone has one spare lying around that would enable me to get my install completed this week? Otherwise any expertise on a way around this issue?

My understanding is the 01-07 twinscroll downpipes have a wider bend as it comes off the turbo which would cause fitting issues on my 08 hatch. They are also a little longer which is not a major issue.

Thanks!
Old 29 June 2024, 03:29 PM
Vxr2010
Scooby Regular

Received 279 Likes on 242 Posts

Funnily enough , my sti jdm 2 litre 2008 is finally with me after being imported , and is finally sorted , the hks is a good system and I expect has sports cats fitted already , very little difference between sports cats and a de cat apart from mot time , if it was me I would leave as is , if you choose not too then shout when you have the Hks one off you may have a buyer 👍😁
The following users liked this post:
Old Yesterday, 08:19 AM
man utd
Scooby Regular

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts

Hi mate I’d be very wary of HS doing your down pipe, myself and a mate with hatch spec c,s both bought one of them and they didn’t fit, ended up having to them reshaped, was a nitemare Cheers
Old Yesterday, 04:24 PM
SuperCat
Scooby Regular

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Cheers - it was last chance request in case there was anything out there. If it doesn't get done in this sitting it will most likely not happen for a while. Especially since I have the same stories regarding poor fitment of HS elsewhere.

How difficult would it be to modify a 01-07 downpipe; anyone tried?
Old Yesterday, 06:34 PM
Gambit
Scooby Regular

Received 234 Likes on 174 Posts

Leave the HKS downpipe on it. The loss will be negligible in comparison to the mot hassle every year

One is probably a sport cat the other will just be a resonator of sorts