ScoobyNet General General Subaru Discussion

Legacy wanted for Autocar shoot

Search this Thread

Old 29 July 2024 | 11:49 AM
Stephen Dobie
Scooby Newbie

Default Legacy wanted for Autocar shoot

Hello there!

I am organising a photoshoot for Autocar that celebrates the life of the Legacy name plate. For this, I'm hoping to borrow an iconic performance Legacy for the day (its owner is welcome too!).

The remit is open to anything third or fourth gen, really; GT-B, Blitzen, Spec B, etc. A UK car would be a great find though I appreciate most of the rare, fast editions are import-only. The car needs to be in good condition and relatively close to stock (with modifications kept subtle or below the skin). It'll be used gently for photographs and a bit of friendly road testing and the aim will be to keep mileage on the day low.

The location and date are both TBC and can be moulded around the cars available. Initial thoughts are to shoot this somewhere around the Peak District area or somewhere central/south with similarly good roads (B660 area of Northants/Cambs as an example). And potentially between August 27 and 30, all being well.

If you have/know of a car you think fits the bill, and which its owner would love to see celebrated in a legendary UK car magazine, please let me know!

Thanks for reading,
Stephen
Old Yesterday | 12:50 PM
Stephen Dobie
Scooby Newbie

Hello!

Just wanted to resurface this and see if anyone would like to help and see their car in UK print! The shoot will likely happen sometime in November or early December now. A chance to get some great quality images of your car, which we'll happily share with you once it's published.

Cheers
Stephen
Old Yesterday | 01:21 PM
stockcar
Scooby Regular

have posted this on the UK Legacy owners forum so hopefully you will see more interest??

https://www.subarulegacy.com/forums/...outhern-based/
Old Yesterday | 03:22 PM
Stephen Dobie
Scooby Newbie

Fantastic, thank you! Fingers crossed...