Visiting the UK

Search this Thread

Old 20 June 2002, 04:50 PM
enTarget
Scooby Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Cool

Hello,
I am a WRX Sport Wagon owner from Birmingham, Alabama and I am going to be in the UK from August 9th to the 15th. Can any of you suggest places to visit, or things to do for the Scooby owner? We are planning to start out in Bury St. Edmunds and then go to Scotland.

If anyone knows of any events going on at the time that would be nice.

Jeff
Old 20 June 2002, 05:32 PM
Phill
Scooby Regular

Cool

Jeff,
What can we say in just those few days then indeed you will have to make some decisions on what you would like to see / do....our theme parks do not measure up to those in the states, a city is a city most anywhere in the world !!

I must recommend visiting Cornwall (born and bred their ya see), white sandy beaches, dolphin's, shark's and general beauty only matched by the extreme's of Scotland and Wales. Then of course we have scotland and wales, hit the breckon beckons or anywhere in north wales and you will not go wrong and Scotland the further north the more dramatic it gets !

If on the other hand you want to party, London, Brighton, Manchester, and Glasgow in that order should see you straight (if you can still see at all by then !) failing that turn off the motorway at any point head out of town and enjoy the roads, there's most likely going to be a scoob meet at some time if you know where your going to be and when have a look at the events section !

HTH,

Phill
Old 20 June 2002, 06:25 PM
enTarget
Scooby Newbie

Thanks for the quick response. I look forward to the visit. I was stationed there for 3 years way back when but plan on visiting areas I never visited while there.

Jeff
Old 21 June 2002, 12:32 AM
normarker
Scooby Regular

Bury St Edmunds, I was born there. Don't forget to go to Lavenham and Kersey etc. Where were you stationed, Lakenheath?
Try posting in the meetings forum, someone is bound to give you a go in a proper scooby (with a turbo)
Keep us posted on dates, I may be up that way myself, I have relatives in the area
Old 21 June 2002, 01:20 AM
enTarget
Scooby Newbie

Smile

Yes I was stationed at Lakenheath, lived in Barton Mills and Swaffham. Liked the drive down from Swaffham the first year but hated the carot tractors.

What is this about a "proper scooby", I think mine is very proper :-). Yeah a ride in an STI would be great!!!

Jeff

Old 21 June 2002, 10:19 AM
JohnS

Lightbulb

If you are in Scotland on the 15th, then there is a track event at Knockhill (we had a fantastic evening there last night ), followed by a BBQ.

John
Old 21 June 2002, 03:06 PM
enTarget
Scooby Newbie

We are there from the 7th to the 15th flying out the 15th. Can't make the track day then.

Jeff
Old 23 June 2002, 02:40 AM
teknopete
Scooby Regular

Cool

Jeff,

Depending on your interests, on the 11th at the local drag strip up here in Scotland there`s the "Crail Raceway street car shootout". Which I believe is going to be quite a big event, magazines in attendance etc. If u fancy it drop me a mail BTW there`s some pix on my site from past events http://www.scoobymods.co.uk

Pete