ScoobyNet General General Subaru Discussion

Bedford Autodrome today

Search this Thread

Old 25 May 2001, 11:12 PM
SDB
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I have to say..

Hat's off the Stef, Pete, and the SIDC. What a fabulous day.

Can't wait for the next one. You really do know how to put together a blinding track day.

HUGE thanks as usual to Tyres Northampton who have only just left!! (11:15pm!!) and supported us all day.

All the best

Simon

[This message has been edited by Simon de Banke (edited 25 May 2001).]
Old 25 May 2001, 11:43 PM
Scoobychick
Scooby Regular

Talking

What he said......

I really enjoyed myself, even tho' I didn't get to go sideways with Mr De Banke .....thanks chaps

Sal
Old 25 May 2001, 11:47 PM
Acker
Scooby Regular

Wink

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:<HR>Originally posted by scoobychick:
<B>
I really enjoyed myself, even tho' I didn't get to go sideways with Mr De Banke
[/quote]

Isn't he spoken for?
Old 26 May 2001, 02:02 AM
RonaldoH
Scooby Regular

Talking

Yep, simply blinding track day. The best I have been to yet for organisation etc etc.

The highlights,

Danny Fisher taking me out for a spin. Actually, a very good driver.

The Silver EVO that wanted to kill the scooby owners

The two seater 1.8turbo racing car that was nothing short of simply awesome.

Rob Mac for being so enthusiastic all day (Pete C, Stef, TN etc etc as well) Its hard work when you watch what they have to do all day.

Doc Jock, this time for lending me his spare lid and taking my mate Mark out for some laps

Simon De Banke, for one quick flier of a lap...80 mph into a hairpin " Ron, my brakes have been rather pants today, so I have been doing this to sort it &lt;cue complete sideways contolled drift through seriously tight left hander&gt;"...I laughed like a drain, and then that F1 car thing went pounding past us.

Very very good track, would be awesome for novices to learn lines etc etc as there is some room for mistakes. SIDC kicked *** here, makes other clubs look second best.

Well done.

Old 26 May 2001, 09:09 AM
Neil Smalley
Scooby Senior

Thumbs up

I would like to add my thanks to Stef and co for a superb day out.

Big thanks to Doc Jock who's late braking efforts have convinced me that I need to find the money for better brakes. Cheers to SDB for a few laps of sideways action. The sides of my face hurt from all the grinning.

The convoy there and back was a good trip with Salnav(tm) only going wrong once(and a minor, but on the face of it prettier detour it was too).

A big thanks to Tyres Northampton for fitting my EBC green pads cheaper than my dealer could buy standard pads and i'm not alone in adding my appreciation for all the <B>very hard</B> work they put in on these track days.

The Formula Audi was stunning, although I did'nt go in it this time round 300Bhp from a 1.8 engine with stock internals

Once again I met more of the faces behind the aliases(some scarier than others ) and it was great to catch up in real life rather than in the faceless chatroom.

Some other minor highlights of the day where when Stef 'broke' Harj's loan car to him and Matt Oz's BMW Diesel. What a car that is.

I left the day feeling very happy indeed, and a little sad that it was all over so quickly.

See you soon
Old 26 May 2001, 09:24 AM
StanS
Scooby Regular

Talking

Another big thank you to Stef, TN and Palmersport + everybody else who worked to make it such a brilliant session.
Big shock, after carefully bedding in new EBC discs and redstuff for 2 gentle weeks, to completely wear the pads out in 2 x 15 minute sessions
Exceptionally good upgrade though for £280.
Awesome Friday
Stan

[This message has been edited by StanS (edited 27 May 2001).]
Old 26 May 2001, 09:27 AM
Dave T-S
Scooby Regular

Received 4 Likes on 1 Post
Thumbs up

Cheers to Stef for organising a top day and to Mark @ TN for excellent service as usual

Sal - I did offer you a passenger ride, but for some reason you declined......so did Blowdog hehehe

Puff, I seem to remember you saying it was my lard **** in your passenger seat that was causing your slicks to rub on the wheel arch.....

Nice to put some faces to some more names - hi SdB and everyone else.

My poor old standard UK car didn't disgrace itself too much - did manage to fend off an RB5 for two whole laps and actually pull away from it hehe.....I must get some bigger brakes and Leda's though......especially after a ride in Pete "ScoobyGod" Croney's car - anyone who says the MY01 is cr@p hasn't been in this car

I don't know how many final laps I was doing with the fuel light on (no time for looking at gauges.... ) but stopped at a garage in St Neots on the way home and managed to get 56.5 litres in (a 60 litre tank )

Here's to the next one....

[This message has been edited by Dave T-S (edited 26 May 2001).]

Trending Topics

Old 26 May 2001, 09:36 AM
Dave T-S
Scooby Regular

Wink

Oh and BTW - final score....

Dave T-S - 5,427,679
Bedfordshire splatted bugs on the front of car - NIL

Old 26 May 2001, 09:40 AM
Neil Smalley
Scooby Senior

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:<HR>Originally posted by Dave T-S:
<B>Oh and BTW - final score....

Dave T-S - 5,427,679
Bedfordshire splatted bugs on the front of car - NIL

[/quote]

Actually that should be the other way round. You may have ended their very short lives BUT you'll end up spending ages washing them off

Old 26 May 2001, 11:08 AM
Dave T-S
Scooby Regular

Exclamation

Neil

LOL

Actually, it's no prob - already got 'em off - WWaxed the car yesterday before Bedford (for low drag mode ), just wipe them off with a cotton cloth and warm water.

They would have liked to have died that way.....

[This message has been edited by Dave T-S (edited 26 May 2001).]
Old 26 May 2001, 11:18 AM
ian_sadler
Scooby Regular

Thumbs up

A big thanks to all involved in the organization of a great first track day experience (even if only as a passenger)

Big thanks to Mike for the ride in the Terzo. John H. for the ride in the P1 and the biggest to Dave Lewis for the most interesting exit on the hairpin when the brakes went pop!!! Hope you got home alright mate.

Give me a couple of weeks and I'll get a copy of the in-car stuff to you.

Not sure I'll have the dosh for spare rims & better brakes for Aug 10 but what the heck that's what credit cards are for!!

Again thanks all for a great day.

Ian
Old 26 May 2001, 12:04 PM
DocJock
Scooby Regular

Yep

Nice one Stef
Old 26 May 2001, 12:12 PM
simes
Scooby Regular

Cool

Agree, can't wait till the next one.

Simon
Old 26 May 2001, 12:54 PM
Puff The Magic Wagon!
Support Scoobynet!

Received 15 Likes on 9 Posts
Talking

Big thanks to Stef, Pete C & Robmac & all @ Palmersport for a brilliant day

TN for awesome work too!

Sorry to those who asked for rides & didn't get them - slight problem with oversize slicks & RH corners shredding them Please look me up next time.

Old 26 May 2001, 03:17 PM
Chris L
Scooby Regular

Talking

Toptastic day Thanks to Stef / Pete , Palmersport etc. I have a feeling we will be using this track quite a lot in the future...

For my first track day in the Scoob, I was quite pleased - tyres took a hammering but they are still OK. Brakes were great. The Pagid discs and pads were a worth while upgrade (not quite APs, but still very good). Judging by the couple of people I saw coming into the pits with smoke pouring off of their (standard) pads - I would highly recommend a brake upgrade

Cheers to Harj - for his tips and correcting my slightly wayward lines

Great to meet so many people - and thanks to Sal's for her excellent navigation on the way back.

The only downer was the accident on the way up, hope everyone is OK.

Already looking forward to the next one.

Cheers
Chris
Old 26 May 2001, 07:27 PM
Danny Fisher
Scooby Regular

Ronnie, the MUPPET in the Silver EVO, was Steve Proctor (dont care if I spelt it correctly!) He driving is like his attitude - Crap!

We have rules for on the track, some people think that they are above these.

I would like to back up what people have already put down. Thanks to Stef, Pete, and anyone else which made the day possible.

WHAT A GREAT DAY.

Already sent the mail trying to book my place for the next one on the 10th August.

It was a shame about the couple of cars that had problems on the day. Hope they get sorted soon.

Dan

PS. Message for Mark of Tyres Northampton, one day I'll get you guys to change the wheels for me!

[This message has been edited by Danny Fisher (edited 26 May 2001).]
Old 26 May 2001, 07:48 PM
Dave T-S
Scooby Regular

Exclamation

Chris

My (totally standard) brakes survived no probs and no bad fade....I had a simple solution to the possibility of fade - chuck it in sideways and let the tyres take the strain off the brakes hehehe - the poor old standard RE010's were giving some quite lurid (but controllable) four wheel slides by the end but great fun!!!
Old 26 May 2001, 11:10 PM
Chris L
Scooby Regular

Talking

Dave

You were obviously not trying hard enough

Chris
Old 27 May 2001, 12:35 AM
GRIFF007
Scooby Regular

Smile

Please thank Dave Lewis for missing me during his 'oops no hyraulics, I will go straight on' moment

I was standing on the pit lane feeder next to the ambulance when he did his high speed flymo impression 5 yards away, straight across said feeder at, hmmm 70 mph?!

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:<HR>Originally posted by ian_sadler:
<B>A big thanks to all involved in the organization of a great first track day experience (even if only as a passenger)

Big thanks to Mike for the ride in the Terzo. John H. for the ride in the P1 and the biggest to Dave Lewis for the most interesting exit on the hairpin when the brakes went pop!!! Hope you got home alright mate.

Give me a couple of weeks and I'll get a copy of the in-car stuff to you.

Not sure I'll have the dosh for spare rims & better brakes for Aug 10 but what the heck that's what credit cards are for!!

Again thanks all for a great day.

Ian[/quote]

Old 27 May 2001, 03:08 PM
RVeiga
Scooby Regular

Cool

Agreed - Great Day.

Looking forward to the 10th Aug already
Old 29 May 2001, 01:04 PM
Stef
Scooby Regular

Cool

Cheers lads, glad you all had a good day.
Even I had a good time, despite the fact that I was car-less.
That didn't stop me passing most of you on the track at some point though, that two-seater was feckin' awesome!!!!
For the next one, we are considering going to a local pub to eat afterwards, as I felt £25 per head was a bit steep for the grub, especially as they'd run out by the time I went to get some!
On another point, if any of you have a problem with any other driver at an evetn, please coem and see me or one of the instructors so that we can do something about it. It's too late after the event.
Hope to see some of you on August 10th, this time with CK1!

Stef.
Old 29 May 2001, 08:02 PM
Hoppy
Scooby Regular

Location: Where age and treachery reins over youthful exuberance
Better late than never - thanks to Stef and the SIDC for a great day

Stef, you're right about the BBQ!

And since you mention 'problem' drivers I have to say that I found track manners to be excellent, the best yet.

Anyone who has organised one of these type events before will understand when I say it is a great deal more work than it looks, and generally a thankless task, so...

Thanks again Stef. Roll on August 10th.

Richard.
Old 30 May 2001, 04:53 PM
Adam M
Scooby Regular

Just seen this thread and would like to extend my thanks also.

Without doubt a brilliant day.

Didnt get to meet a few people I said I would such as scoobychick and blowdog , but still had fun.

Thanks to pat for the instruction, and also danny fisher, who showed me you can stand on ap 6 pots from any speed nad it just seems to stop, everyone should buy these for the track if they can. Would like to thank danny for pointing out my mistakes too and paul wilson for the bottle for filling up the i/c spray.

Have to say, agree with stef re food, especially for veges

Plus was nice to see that harj isnt actually as bad as I thought in person (not great though).

Was a nice surprise to not be as slow as I expected, and spinning was the coolest thing I have ever done in that car (my girlfriend may disagree - but she is fictional at the moment).

All I can say is great. If in doubt about doing your first track day, do it at bedford, I was, and I survived.

PS. sorry to the english car that let me through just before the entrance to a bend, only to have me go off the track immediately in front of him.

Old 31 May 2001, 01:42 AM
Dave Mackey
Scooby Regular

Well just to reiterate what everyone else has said it was a brilliant day.
As a track day virgin before Bedford I had been a little scared taking the car out but Bedford is the place to do it. I think a few other P1 owners had the same thought have never seen so many P1's in the same place.

Had a ride in the two seater as well AWESOME beast seen other posts about the driver being MAD well he was, but he knew his stuff and could handle the car like nothing on earth.

Role on the next one at Bedford if I survive Cadwell before that.

Cheers Stef and all at SIDC.

Great to see only two other none Scoobs on the track also.

Dave
Old 02 June 2001, 06:14 PM
DavidLewis
Scooby Regular

Talking

Although just a memory (I've been on hols), what a great day.

Cheers to Ian for filming everything, TofN for usual shoddy service ( ) and everyone who had anything to do with the organisation.