ScoobyNet General General Subaru Discussion

Can anyone translate Japanese?

Search this Thread

Old 07 March 2002, 05:47 AM
Rocket
Scooby Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
John

My 22b came with an owners manual translated into english by a company in New Zealand

I believe you can obtain them from this company in Harrogate

www.importhandbooks.co.uk/

Ron

[Edited by Rocket - 7/3/2002 5:49:52 AM]
Old 03 July 2002, 12:34 AM
johnfelstead
Scooby Regular
Support Scoobynet!

Received 53 Likes on 30 Posts
Question

Any Japanese speaking/reading scoobynet members out there?

There are a couple of sections in my STi owners manual that i would like translating.

One page is the Centre diff control, i think i have worked it all out but i would like to know for sure what it means as per the book.

The other one is the service interval work. Every Impreza except the STi TypeRA has something changed at 40,000KM but the TypeRA has it changed at 20,000KM, i think i would like to know what that thing is , as no one in the UK has mentioned a specific with regards to TypeRA's having diferent service intervals.

Here are the pages. I am particularly interested in the warnings on the centre diff setting, plus what the 0-100% lock means. Does it mean 0-100% lock of 36/64. I think thats what it means. Also it states something about 20,000Km, is this how often the box fluid should be replaced?

The same for the service interval pages, i am interested in the section that specifically mentions the STi TypeRA.

Thanks
John

Old 03 July 2002, 01:56 AM
johnfelstead
Scooby Regular
Support Scoobynet!

I-Club sorted this for me
This Drivers Control Center Differential(DCCD) allowes you to lock differential. First chart on right indicates how much you can lock (100% 85% 65%.....)

Turn the dial to front(towards windshield) to Lock your DCCD when you go gravel, snow, wet, highway road.

Turn the dial to rear to free your DCCD,

When it's free, torque split back to 36%front /64% rear (normal condition)

Apply emergency brake to free your DCCD Even though you chose to "Lock" DCCD.

Do not lock DCCD when you park, tow.
Do not change dial when wheels spinning without moving.

When DCCD failure occur, indicater flashes 1 second each from top to bottom. Take to Subaru dealer promptly when you see this.

This system is NOT almighty, don't trust this too much. be safe

Change fluid every 20000km. If you autoX, earlier changing is recomended. Use "Subaru gear oil extra 2000 75W-90(GL-5)" Use manual transmission fluid only.
So this means that when you apply the handbrake the centre diff disconects, This allows handbrake turns.
Dont move the diff control if you are spinning the wheels in a muddy field, stop, lock the diff then start again.
When open the torque split is 36f/64r but can be set to 50/50 or anything in between.
Change the gearbox oil every 12,500 miles!!!!!! How many TypeR/RA owners have done this?

Old 03 July 2002, 04:27 AM
hondaslayer00
Scooby Regular

Gee John did you post this on RS25.com yet? I just finished reading it on I-club Anyway thanks for the info I hope its the same for a VerIII ( In process of motor swap)
Old 03 July 2002, 09:52 AM
JohnS

Lightbulb

John,

I don't believe it's the gearbox oil they are talking about, rather the diff oil. The gear oil in the limited slip diffs should be changed on an annual basis as well (or even after every track event, especially if you run slicks). It doesn't cost much for the small amount of gear oil used, and shouldn't take too long to change it either.

John
Old 03 July 2002, 11:21 AM
johnfelstead
Scooby Regular
Support Scoobynet!

Red face

Thanks for the info Ron.

The front diff is in the gearbox John Someone is translating it in more detail for me on I-club in the next couple of days so hopefully i'll know for sure.

It makes sense the rear needs changing more often also as it's a plated diff and they shed metalic particles with use.
Old 03 July 2002, 01:53 PM
ian/555
Scooby Regular

Here you go John this is the info I have on the operation of the Diff. I got this from the Handbook that came with my old Version VI type R. I'm not sure if there is any mention of service requirements in the book so I will check when I have more time later.

Also I noticed that the version V STi type RA came with a 13:1 steering rack as standard when compared to all other Version V Impreza's which came with a 15:1 rack.
hth ian

Trending Topics

Old 03 July 2002, 02:13 PM
johnfelstead
Scooby Regular
Support Scoobynet!

superb! thanks.

Yep, mine has the quickrack. There seems to be some debate as to whether some TypeR's had the quickrack or not? I havent seen one personally except for the 22B of course!