A message to Prodrive

Search this Thread

Old 25 June 2001, 02:02 PM
Jza
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angry

Hi folks,

A number of members of this BBS community like me, own an MY01 WRX and have been looking forward to the PPP.

However, a month after official press releases and Mikes own comments, we are no where nearer to establishing when / where we can get one fitted, let alone being able to book a date.

I appreciate things are out of peoples hands but can't someone make a firm statement as to Subaru/Prodrives intentions??

I think this whole situation is becoming unfair to loyal existing owners. I would like Prodrive/Subaru to know that I (and many others) have waited patiently for 6 months for the PPP, only to find that on its release, i am unable to get one fitted - UK300 customers are getting theirs fitted first - and am unable to get any information as to when it can be fitted.

I wonder if Prodrive or someone from Subaru cares to comment?

Yours an unhappy potential Prodrive customer

Edited cause it sounded like i was blaming poor Mike Wood and that wasnt my intention!!

Jza

[This message has been edited by Jza (edited 25 June 2001).]
Old 25 June 2001, 03:45 PM
TonyBurns
Scooby Regular

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
JZA,
Its not up to Prodrive to say when the PPP for the uk MY01 is released, they have finished the product and proven it, its now down to Subaru uk, so please dont have a go at Prodrive, and please retract any remarks that may be or seem harmful to the interests of this board, Mike does a great job but he isnt incharge of Subaru uk, and i also believe that the release date was july/august time for the MY01 PPP. Dont get on the wrong side of ppl on this board or the Webbie may do to you what he did to "preacher".

Regards
Tony
Old 25 June 2001, 04:03 PM
gregh
Scooby Regular

Also the press release DIDN'T say that the PPP was for general availability, just for the UK 300, so one could argue it's not been released yet.

cheers,

greg
Old 25 June 2001, 04:11 PM
dteagles
Scooby Regular

Lightbulb

I exchanged e-mail with Mike a couple of weeks ago with this same question, his reply was that they are working on it and it was expected to be released next month, which would make it July (in line with previous release dates).

I have asked my dealer as well, only to be told that they know nothing about the release dates.

I don't know if anyone who works for Subaru is on the BB, but I believe it's time they showed their mettel if they are!

Cheers,
Darren
MY01 - eagerly awaiting PPP release
Old 25 June 2001, 04:18 PM
Blow Dog
Scooby Regular

I don't think Jza has voiced his concerns in neither an aggressive or discriminatory manner, merely from an inquisitive point of view.

Considering Prodrive have been involved extensively in this project, any input from the likes of Mike Wood would surely be valuable.

Cem
Old 25 June 2001, 04:28 PM
TonyBurns
Scooby Regular

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Unhappy

Hiya Cem,
Its just that this has been going on for ages, i feel for these guys who want the PPP for the MY01 but as Mike Wood has already stated, he would love to fit the MY01's with them but its up to subaru uk not Prodrive, thats the point im trying to get at, Prodrive cant do nowt about it!! so any remarks saying about Prodrive pulling their finger out isnt necessary as they have the product ready now, its Subaru uk and its their accessory so release dates up to them

Tony
Old 25 June 2001, 04:37 PM
Blow Dog
Scooby Regular

My appologies Tony, I had no idea Mike Wood had already commented on this topic.

Cem
Old 25 June 2001, 04:46 PM
Jza
Scooby Regular

I accept peoples comments. My understanding was (from my dealer) that the PPP WAS available but would be fitted to UK300 customers and THEN us MY01 WRX boys.

Since then i cant get any further information (again) out of anybody which is frustrating after I and several others have waited 6 months+

If the fact of the matter is that the information i have been given by my Subaru dealer is incorrect, then i apologise and thank you for putting me right

I would however comment that in my experience (and reading other threads) the dealerships have not been kept informed of the Prodrive situation and havent passed this on to existing customers. Who's fault that is i have no idea, but maybe the powers that be in IM should take note!!!

Thanks for your comments

Jza

[This message has been edited by Jza (edited 25 June 2001).]
Old 25 June 2001, 04:54 PM
PSI3
Scooby Regular

Cool

I know how JZA feels, all he and i want to do is spend £1600 with Subaru UK. It does seem a bit odd that they have a product up and running but wont sell it to their more .. enthusiastic customers, we all know what it is, what it does, and how much it costs.
Why only supply to UK300 customers for the first 2 months ? when people have many burning holes in their pockets. Shoot me,burn me, flame me but its my opinion.

simon.

[This message has been edited by PCB (edited 25 June 2001).]
Old 25 June 2001, 04:56 PM
RonaldoH
Scooby Regular

Arrow

Japan got GT3 before us, but we are still eagerly awaiting it

So its going to be worth the wait

Chill, have a malibu and coke

Raggae Ron
Old 25 June 2001, 05:19 PM
Jza
Scooby Regular

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:<HR>Originally posted by RonaldoH:
<B>Japan got GT3 before us, but we are still eagerly awaiting it

So its going to be worth the wait

Chill, have a malibu and coke

Raggae Ron[/quote]

I really hope it will be!!! Itchin for it to be fitted!!!! Sounds amazing - just SOUND isnt what i want - i want the reality!!!

P.S. I hate Mailbu!!

Jza
Old 25 June 2001, 05:21 PM
Bob.C
Scooby Regular

As one of the confirmed waiters for a UK300 PPP, could MikeProdrive throw some light on the progress of the fittment of the PPP to these vehicles and when Prodrive expect to complete the current confirmed orders that they have. It appears unsatisfactory that there is still a considerable waiting time when you would have thought a considerable amount of cars could have been fitted with PPP prior to the cars launch.

I am interested to know where the current 6 week delay is:

Getting Parts ?
Getting the cars to PPP ?
Prodrive fitting PPP?
Subaru distributing the cars ?
Old 25 June 2001, 05:31 PM
Stevie
Scooby Regular

I think most dealers tale anything IM tell them with a pinch of salt.

"will be six weeks" - six consecutive weeks or ANY six weeks?

They got the colours wrong at launch of the WRX so anything is possible. Actually, the colour thing really gets on my thrupenny bits!!

Old 25 June 2001, 05:32 PM
Stevie
Scooby Regular

I think most dealers tale anything IM tell them with a pinch of salt.

"will be six weeks" - six consecutive weeks or ANY six weeks?

They got the colours wrong at launch of the WRX so anything is possible. Actually, the colour thing really gets on my thrupenny bits!!

Glad I invested wisely with Mr Croney on the exhaust as I would probably have lost the will to live waiting for PPP.

Old 25 June 2001, 05:41 PM
DT
Scooby Regular

I've got a stash too burning a hole in my pocket too. Gotta get the PPP before the wife spots it and wastes it on trivial things like more crap to put in the house, food, clothes for the kids etc. She's got her priorities all wrong

It would be nice to at least have a priority list so that us early adopters could feel that there was some benefit in this thumb twiddling period, rather than finding that on general release we're 354th in the queue. (have Subaru sold that many )
Old 25 June 2001, 06:27 PM
Chins
Scooby Regular

Red face

Some History for some of the newbies here.

In the past all PPP have had to be fitted after the car has been registered and insured. The PPP is not type approved, and therefore needs to be fitted after registering the car. Anyone that ordered special editions such as the RB5 and just a plain WR version of the Impreza had to insure and register the car prior to delivery. Once this was done the car could be put in the que to be Prodrive'd - your car would then turn up 2-6 weeks later. If you decided after the event to PPP it went upto Banbury.

With the UK300 cars were in the showroom about 5 days after the press release. Subaru then have 200 odd UK300's to ship. It makes sense to ship these ASAP. 1. to keep new owners happy, and 2. help IM cash flow. if they have 150 PPP in stock, and 180 owners go with the upgrade they will need everything in stock, plus more. People need to be aware that Quedegley can only fit 2 cars a day according to my dealer.

Subaru will not of known how big the uptake on the PPP was going to be. I think on the RB5 it was 50% (stand to be corrected). If they got their sums right no doubt there will be enough for the UK300's and some left over for the existing patient owners.

What Subaru appears to have done is now to break with the tradition of having to have the car sent away in the case of an existing owner to Prodrive. From what others have said, dealers are going to be allowed to fit the kit.

Hopefully this will mean owners will get their upgrades sooner rather than later. To me it seems a step in the right direction, and other owners in the future will benefit.

As others have said. This is not in the hands of Prodrive, but IM. Mike I know would like to ship kits to everyone ASAP. I know its hard when your waiting, but I do see the sense in getting the UK300 out of the way first.

Me, I'm looking forward to the day mines fitted as well. Like getting a new car all over again. I'd gues that most on here will get their PPP before all UK300 have been delivered. They have to sell them all first

Jonathan
Old 25 June 2001, 06:33 PM
Jza
Scooby Regular

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:<HR>Originally posted by Chins:
<B>
Hopefully this will mean owners will get their upgrades sooner rather than later. To me it seems a step in the right direction, and other owners in the future will benefit.

Jonathan [/quote]

Agree completely - thanks for you comments!! I still feel that IM should step in and let people know the scores on the doors!!

Jza
Old 25 June 2001, 06:49 PM
Shark
Scooby Regular

As far as I know the 01MY PPP's will be fitted at the dealer.

David
Old 25 June 2001, 07:29 PM
Tiggs
Scooby Regular

the communication between IM and the dealers and the custumers seems very poor on this- in fact prodrive are the only ones who seem to have done what was asked and got the PPP ready.

seems very odd that i want to spend money with subaru but cant.

also seems odd that dealers (in my case) know more about prodrive/IM/ppp/morrettes/etc from me than they do from training???????

tiggs
Old 25 June 2001, 07:48 PM
Chins
Scooby Regular

I think we hit the nail on the head with the communication breakdown starting at IM.
It might not be intentional, but it could do with being sharpened up.

They are to an extent listening and learning. My last special edition was the P1. We all saw the car, the details in Oct 99. It then took until March to get a price, and then until May to get a delivery. This time cars were built and in the showrooms at the time if launch. They now are setting about resolving the fitting of the PPP.

Prodrive have worked hard on this PPP, and from what I can see wanted it to be right. If my drive is anything to go by it is. Its also nice to see that the price is now lower than it used to be.

It would be nice if details of when various options are to me made available. This needs to be passed on to the dealer network promptly and in a clear and concise fashion.

Ultimately they are only as good or bad as other Importers. The spec for the 2002 BMW's has been launched, but my dealer hasn't got a clue. I do because I log onto the Internet !.

Jonathan
Old 25 June 2001, 08:45 PM
Dave T-S
Scooby Regular

Received 4 Likes on 1 Post
Exclamation

I too have had a lengthy email exchange with Mike on this. He must be besieged on this issue but does have other things to do.

IM act the way they do and that is it (my words). They have done this for years and you won't change it. Five years ago I wanted to try an Impreza as a fleet demonstrator for a week and was told by my local dealer to forget it, there is no way they would do this (I went to IM direct and got one, but then i'm persuasive ). I'm not saying their attitude is right but you have to accept it.

Prodrive work for Subaru UK. I don't mean that in any way rudely to Mike but that's the bottom line. Until Subaru UK sign off then Prodrive cannot do anything.

I am being defensive of Mike because I understand the position he is in. I have found him to be extremely helpful within the constraints he is placed under. I also want a PPP, but will have to wait - or buy a Link........

[This message has been edited by Dave T-S (edited 25 June 2001).]
Old 26 June 2001, 12:07 AM
Tiggs
Scooby Regular

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:<HR>Originally posted by DrEvil:
<B>Just go to ScoobySport and get yourself a full exhaust system and air filter, you'll get as good if not better performance.

[This message has been edited by DrEvil (edited 26 June 2001).][/quote]

Really? I'd be surprised.

Tiggs

Old 26 June 2001, 12:07 AM
DrEvil
Scooby Regular

Lightbulb

PPS. and get one of Pete's WRC replica spoilers too
Old 26 June 2001, 12:09 AM
DrEvil
Scooby Regular

Tiggs - apparently Pete put his on the Dyno and got approx 240+Bhp & 245+lbs of torque..

So I should have said, nearly as good doh..
Old 26 June 2001, 12:35 AM
Tiggs
Scooby Regular

Nearly as good! i dont want nearly!

Having been in Petes it is good and sounds very good but warrenty issues etc have sent me down the ppp route- i did get new lights from SS though and may yet end up with a back box if the ppp is quiet.

Tiggs
Old 26 June 2001, 10:06 AM
Paul Wilson
Scooby Regular

Wink

Hope everyone who is after a PPP, is not going to have to wait for too long, mind you if everyone has to wait until all the UK300's are out of the way, hope it doesn't take as long for IM to shift the UK300's as it is taking for the "last few" P1's
Old 26 June 2001, 11:59 AM
DrEvil
Scooby Regular

Lightbulb

A little bird told me, alledgedly stated by Subaru UK, the following:

There will be no PPP or any other accessories (such as Prodrive lights) for sale to non-UK300 customer's before the end of August 2001.

Of course you could also read into this that this might possibly be even later, dependant on how many UK300's are sitting around in showrooms.

But this could be a load of bull of course, so don't quote me.

Alex

PS. Just go to ScoobySport and get yourself a full exhaust system and air filter, you'll get as good if not better performance Oh and get a set of morettes off 'em too
Pete's looking after MY01 drivers even if Subaru UK isn't.

[This message has been edited by DrEvil (edited 26 June 2001).]
Old 26 June 2001, 01:15 PM
Jza
Scooby Regular

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:<HR>Originally posted by Tiggs:
<B>Nearly as good! i dont want nearly!

Having been in Petes it is good and sounds very good but warrenty issues etc have sent me down the ppp route- i did get new lights from SS though and may yet end up with a back box if the ppp is quiet.

Tiggs[/quote]

I'll be honest - if this end of August and then join the que comment is correct, £1600 could go a long way towards full SS exhaust and Leda suspension!!!

Jza
Old 26 June 2001, 04:53 PM
Tiggs
Scooby Regular

jza,

this time next year, when you'll have had ppp for at least 3 or 4 months you`ll look back and wonder what all the fuss was about over a tiny little delay.

far to hot to get so emotional
tiggs
Old 26 June 2001, 05:03 PM
Jza
Scooby Regular

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:<HR>Originally posted by Tiggs:
<B>jza,

far to hot to get so emotional
tiggs[/quote]

Meeeeeoooooowwwwwwwwwww!!!!

Jza

Quick Reply: A message to Prodrive