one of those South African anti-carjack flame throwers would have helped no end

Mojo

[Edited by Mojo - 8/1/2002 10:07:47 AM]
Old 08 January 2002, 11:55 AM
Alec
Scooby Regular
Support Scoobynet!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Glad you're all right mate. As you say bit's of Bradford are virtual no law zones. It needs sorting but the police appear to have their hands tied by do gooding politicians.

Go on Super Nic!!

Alec

[Edited by Alec - 8/1/2002 11:56:12 AM]
Old 08 January 2002, 01:37 PM
Mojo
Scooby Regular

Chiark,

I think it is because when I reported it they didn't seem surprised by my distriptions and what car I had. They also said it would go to CID straight away.
I just hope they act on it. It can't be too hard to put a sting operation in place, if they are so blatant as to do it in a busy supermarket carpark

Mojo

[Edited by Mojo - 8/1/2002 1:38:16 PM]
Old 08 January 2002, 03:46 PM
scoobymanWRC
Scooby Regular

Mojo,

I have no issue with your postings at all mate. My post was in response to Jerry's ramblings, which i was not going to take lying down. Jerry says "so many of them commit serious crimes" but then contradicts this with "Okay its a very small percentage of the community" ?????

[Edited by scoobymanWRC - 8/1/2002 3:54:57 PM]
Old 08 January 2002, 04:05 PM
Jolly Green Monster 2
Scooby Regular

Question

ScoobymanWRC,

I presume what I said has not offended you and I also presume that it is this particular part of what Jerry said that you are refering to?

Its seems okay for the Asians to play the race card as soon as anyone does anything to them, but these scumbags hardly do anything for their cause do they ? Whilst I don't go along with it, I can't really blame people for being racist when so many of them commit serious crimes and cannot be touched for it !! Is it any wonder that they commit crimes again and again ? Okay its a very small percentage of the community, but something is clearly wrong !!!!
I can see that you might be offended in that he has referred directly to Asians but I think it was relevent to any race...
just the attackers in Mojo's case happenned to be Asian.
Although at the moment with way the race riots have been occurring I can see where the Asian part of it might apply.

I think it has become a vicious circle where there was and still is racism against Asians and now the Asian community are standing up for themselves more and rightly so using the racism card.. something needs to be sorted.. if there is true racism going on then it needs to be stopped, but shouting that someone is being racism at the slightest thing is crying wolf all the time and it is getting people no where.. you have taken offence at Jerry straight away and have implied he is being raciest, maybe he is but if you replace all the occurances of Asian with Scotish would there be the same number of people crying out...

I don;t think I am explaining myself completely accurately and I am sorry if I offend anyone as that is not my intension..

Being a white guy or what ever I should be calling myself I have experianced racism.. admittedly not very much but I have been in situations where I was the only white person and had abuse shouted and threatenning behaviour as just one example. Your not welcome here type of situations..

No not beaten up or worse which I know occurs and I am in no way saying that this is okay as it is now.. but shouting Racism all the time is getting people no where in my eyes.

All IMHO and please talk to me about it if I have offended I didn;t mean to.

JGM

Edited as I said was racism, when I meant was and still is..

[Edited by Jolly Green Monster 2 - 8/1/2002 4:07:20 PM]
Old 01 August 2002, 09:39 AM
Mojo
Scooby Regular

Unhappy

Well, the nightmare finally happened.

I returned to my car at my local supermarket, placed bags in the boot. Noticed that there was a dark grey metallic Audi estate parked on it's own in the next row (parked sideways). Only noticed because I was admirring the wheels.
I then opened the drivers door, got in, locked the doors (as is my routine) put keys in the ignition, started the car and then set about getting the discloc off the wheel. It was then that I noticed two Asian lads standing right behind my spoiler.
The next second, another one tried my driver's door and another was hammering on the right rear window for me to get out.
Needless to say I was straight in to reverse and foot to the floor. The car was already on full left lock so as I sped backwards I think I hit the guy that tried my door with my wheel.
The two behind must have jumped clear quick.
It was then in to first and try to make for the exit. The car sustained a few kicks from them at this point and then they ran back to the waiting Audi and away.

Being quite shook up by all this I rang a friend, who managed to talk me down, and got me to drive to cop shop (Cheers Nic x)
Reported it all to the police, who said they would check for CCTV cameras etc.

So there you go. All West Yorks Scoobies beware there is a nasty gang out there and they've got no fear about approaching people in broad daylight in a busy carpark to get what they want.

Mojo
Old 01 August 2002, 09:57 AM
burga1
Scooby Regular

Angry

Sorry to hear of your trauma. Where were you?, in which supermarket etc?
Old 01 August 2002, 10:00 AM
Practos
Scooby Regular

jeeesus, so the next mod should be a flamethrower in each direction ?
Old 01 August 2002, 10:16 AM
Puff The Magic Wagon!
Support Scoobynet!

Received 15 Likes on 9 Posts
Great - going up to Leeds this w/end - glad wife/sprog going in another car...
Old 01 August 2002, 10:20 AM
Mojo
Scooby Regular

I understand from some of the guys at work that the gang is Bradford based and that the police already know about them.
I forgot to say that my car is a standard MY00, not that it makes too much difference to the whole proceeds.

Mojo
Old 01 August 2002, 10:57 AM
STi wanna Subaru
Scooby Regular

In West Yorkshire every case from what I've read has been perpertrated by Asian men. This would to me sugest an organised gang. If the Police can break this gang then I believe the West Yorkshire scoobs would be a lot safer!
Old 01 August 2002, 11:17 AM
Mojo
Scooby Regular

For everyone's info. the carpark in question was the ASDA at the Owlcotes centre.
I've just rung them to tell them that this is happening in their carpark and no surprise that they've not heard anything from the police about the incident.
Old 01 August 2002, 11:23 AM
Moles Dad
Scooby Regular

Angry

Glad you managed to get away unharmed!

It goes to show you, broad daylight!!!

Lets just hope the bill DO know who they are and do whats required.
Old 01 August 2002, 11:27 AM
Mojo
Scooby Regular

Angry

Bradford is rapidly developing police no go areas and as soon as they try and do something the racial issues all kick off again.
Something has to be done... I know the police often have their hands tied and I wouldn't want to do it.
I just hate the fact that I could have been in major trouble for running down an attacker in my panic to get away cos these scum have rights!!!

Mojo
Old 01 August 2002, 11:35 AM
Nic
Scooby Regular

Anytime you! Just glad you remembered to STAY IN THE CAR!!!!
Besides it was just my sexy tones that brought you back down
Old 01 August 2002, 11:38 AM
Mojo
Scooby Regular

yeah them and the fact you kept saying..
"Police station"
"Police station"
"Police station"
"Police station!"

Mojo
Old 01 August 2002, 11:44 AM
David_Wallis
Scooby Regular

Location: Leeds - It was 562.4bhp@28psi on Optimax, How much closer to 600 with race fuel and a bigger turbo?
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
glad you are ok.

David
Old 01 August 2002, 11:46 AM
Mojo
Scooby Regular

Question

cheers guys

has anyone else on here had this happen and got away?
I just want to know if they tend to come back for a second go or not. Paranoia is setting in as you might imagine

Mojo
Old 01 August 2002, 11:48 AM
P20SPD
Drag it!

glad you alright mojo

<mental note>
don not tell the wife about this! as she panics about this sort of thing as it is.
Old 01 August 2002, 11:51 AM
P20SPD
Drag it!

mojo

sort of about 2 years ago at some traffic lights near killingbeck asda. three scum in fiesta jumped out and tried to open door (locked automatically when ignition comes on). No traffic coming through lights so went through at RED.

never rang police as i didnot think they would do anything. just shows i did not waste my time.!
Old 01 August 2002, 11:51 AM
Nic
Scooby Regular

If they knew you, or where you lived they would have picked somewhere else to do it.It was just that fact that he was parked there and they were cruising.It doesn't mean to say it will never happen again but you can't live life always wondering what if, lifes too short & you know that!! you did everything right, your ok, cars ok..you know I'm right
Old 01 August 2002, 11:56 AM
Mojo
Scooby Regular

Yeah, I know that carpark must be an easy place to shark, because it's always full of quite exotic motors...
that'll teach me to wash it!!
I guess the lesson to learn is ALWAYS lock your doors when you get in.

Mojo
Old 01 August 2002, 12:06 PM
Nic
Scooby Regular

Or have a gobby redhead in the passenger seat, I have my uses! [available for trips to the supermarket,magical mystery tours & meets]
Old 01 August 2002, 12:07 PM
Mojo
Scooby Regular

True true

and while I'm at it, it would be a shame to waste a CORNER!

Mojo
Old 01 August 2002, 12:33 PM
Jolly Green Monster 2
Scooby Regular

Unhappy

Gezzzz... lucky you lock the doors.. I think I shall have to start doing that.. I don't go anywhere near this area or anywhere else of high risk but the one time I do and I haven't locked the doors etc...

Did you manage to get the reg of the Audi? probably stolen anyway.. it does seem to be that if they are willing to do this is daylight they think they are above the law and obviously have little fear of getting followed by the Police is a stolen car..

Is this what you would call taking advantage of the racial situation?

They do as they like and then when get nicked for doing something wrong accuse all of being racist..

I am not racist in the slightist but do not feel that there should be advantages and ways of bending this to someones advantage like they are..

JGM :angry:
Old 01 August 2002, 12:42 PM
Jerry*
Scooby Regular

Angry

Mojo,

Sorry to hear about your incident m8, hope you can get over it soon !!

This is very close to home and my girlfriend often goes to the Owlcotes Asda in her soft-top Veedub. The last thing I want is for some no-lifes trying it on with her... (not that its a Scoob - but its still quite nice !)

Makes me sooo mad that the Police cannot do anything about this...its getting so much worse as time goes on too.

Its pathetic that big Tony thinks Labour are getting tough on crime when they are just letting it continue to get worse... I mean, they are letting so many illegal immigrants into the country by being sooo slack, how the hell are the police supposed to keep track on people ?!?!

Its only a matter of time before people start taking the law into their own hands... personally I can't blame them !!

Its seems okay for the Asians to play the race card as soon as anyone does anything to them, but these scumbags hardly do anything for their cause do they ? Whilst I don't go along with it, I can't really blame people for being racist when so many of them commit serious crimes and cannot be touched for it !! Is it any wonder that they commit crimes again and again ? Okay its a very small percentage of the community, but something is clearly wrong !!!!

As well as this there are too many people who know exactly who these b4st4rd5 are, but choose not to say anything... how are things ever going to get better if these people aren't singled out ?

Anyway... I'll get off me soap box..

Glad you're okay fella and keep an eye out everyone !!
Old 01 August 2002, 12:51 PM
Stueyb
Scooby Regular

Lightbulb

If you all want to do something about it, use this site <url>http://www.faxyourmp.org.uk</url>. I have used it before and actually got the local mp to take notice and got a great big letter back from the house of commons. It doesn't even cost a stamp and it could do some good.

Glad you are ok though mate. Its making me think twice about getting a scooby.

Regards

Stuey
Old 01 August 2002, 12:56 PM
Bal
Scooby Regular

Sorry to hear about the attempted car jacking.
Just glad to hear that your safe.

Old 01 August 2002, 01:33 PM
chiark
Scooby Regular

This is too close to home. ****.

I wonder if it's the gang from bradford that is known to the police?
Old 01 August 2002, 01:35 PM
Mojo
Scooby Regular

thanks for all the kind responses and I'm glad I can say I got away unharmed.
I still hate the fact that this can happen just because we have something they want, but can't be @rsed to go out and work for!!
I love my Scooby to bits and a lot of that is because I know how hard I've had to work to own it.

Mojo

Quick Reply: Attempted CarJacking West Yorks