Notices
ScoobyNet General General Subaru Discussion

Morpheous Geodesy

Search this Thread

Old 28 June 2001, 08:03 PM
bob
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Fitted the Morpheous Geodesy that was delivered to me yesterday. Only took a few mins to fit it. Wired it up through the back of my centre Pod. It took about 5-10 mins to start up the first time, but now starts up before I get to the end of the street. Works a treat, great piece of equipment. Fixed cameras should not bother me now.
Obviously I only got it to highlight the dangerous zone’s (Black spots). That’s also why the police put the cameras there.
Old 29 June 2001, 12:20 AM
RichB
Scooby Regular

Anyone got the website for it? I've lost it.....(literally )

Did anyone get anywhere with a group buy on them? I think I would be interested.
Old 29 June 2001, 12:26 AM
Ian Cook
Scooby Regular

Wink

http:\www.morpheus.co.uk i think !
Old 29 June 2001, 12:41 AM
RichS
Scooby Regular

Or even
Old 29 June 2001, 12:46 AM
Adam M
Scooby Regular

Rich, dont know about speed testing, but they are mounting cameras in cats eyes, for traffic monitoring.

Morpheus group buy was on, but has now ended.

i am waiting for a gps navigation system that combines the geodesy with a route finder.

To be honest, it annoyed me to see that Pat has a garmin portable gps syetm for about £300. This gives you a gps receiver and a display screen as well as a route finder speedometer etc.

The geodesy has only leds, a warning buzzer, and that modem update stand. I think it is a bit of a cop out for the money. All it does is cross reference current position with a database. granted it works beautifully, but with a gps receiver paid for anyway, i would expect a lot more features and at least a graphical display incorporating a route finder.

With this in mind, I will be waiting for the mark 2 version, which I am confident will include such things.
Old 29 June 2001, 01:24 PM
kryten
Scooby Regular

The Geodesy satnav is not likely to be available until the end of October now.

The unit will be unchanged from the current one, except that the power clip will have an extra port on the back which will output the location data.

you'll still need a laptop or palm to do the navigation bit, windows ce may follow later.
Old 29 June 2001, 02:55 PM
Chris.Palmer
Scooby Regular

I've got a Geodesy but am pi55ed off waiting for the PC interface to control it (hey why no volume button or brightness button?) & especially SAT Nav both of which were supposed to be out in Feb

Am now serously considering binning it for this instead (take a look at the price :

http:\www.trafcam.co.uk

but am waiting for Steve's review on it before I decide to buy
Steve should have done about 1000 miles with one in a couple weeks & updated the web site.

http:\www.ukspeedtraps.co.uk

Chris

[Edit - fixed silly typos]

[This message has been edited by Chris.Palmer (edited 29 June 2001).]
Old 29 June 2001, 03:13 PM
paulwadams_my99
Scooby Regular

Just fitted mine (In the top tray), but I have a plan to fit it permenantly where the cup holder section is. I removed all the gubbins today and it fits quite nicely. I think I'll need the arieal to fit it there though.

I just don't like the lid being half open.
Old 29 June 2001, 10:21 PM
WREXY
Scooby Regular

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:<HR>Originally posted by Chris.Palmer:
<B>I've got a Geodesy but am pi55ed off waiting for the PC interface to control it (hey why no volume button or brightness button?) & especially SAT Nav both of which were supposed to be out in Feb

Am now serously considering binning it for this instead (take a look at the price :

http:\www.trafcam.co.uk

but am waiting for Steve's review on it before I decide to buy
Steve should have done about 1000 miles with one in a couple weeks & updated the web site.

http:\www.ukspeedtraps.co.uk

Chris

[Edit - fixed silly typos]

[This message has been edited by Chris.Palmer (edited 29 June 2001).][/quote]