Notices
ScoobyNet General General Subaru Discussion

warranty concern !!!

Search this Thread

Old 08 May 2002, 12:10 PM
P20SPD
Drag it!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Surely if they are subaru dealers that yoy bought it from they will have a record on their system of when it was serviced. Even if it was only the invoice raised for the work done. I would ask them to check through the copy invoices raised on the day it was serviced. If they find it, ask them to stamp the book. They surely can not refuse if they charged for it.

Mondial can be ar5ses you just have to be strong with them. My wifes old clio window went funny when it was 14 months old, 2 months out of normal warranty. Mondial refused to pay untill i asked them to explain where in the service program does it say the windows get serviced/checked. They could not and paid up.

edited to say

sorry just realised you dont know when it was serviced. they should still be able to check though.

[Edited by P20SPD - 8/5/2002 12:11:33 PM]
Old 05 August 2002, 11:21 AM
carlpcross
Scooby Regular

Unhappy

hi guys, after a bit of advice.
bought my99 turbo about 4 months ago from Lucas of Mansfield, the car had just under 18,000 miles on the clock, agreed on a price with usual extras, ie spray wheels gold and service ect.no probs until today, noticed the car had now done around 24,500 miles so better get it in for the next 7,500 mile sevice.
phoned up my nearest dealer (Monks Heath, Macclesfield)to book in for next week, who asked me to check which service was due next, to my horror after looking after the service book, either the dealer did not stamp the book when i bought the car, or was never done, as the last service was 10 months ago with 15,500 miles on the clock.
where do you guys think i stand here, as i need some warranty work done as one of the windows does not close properley.
p.s. the car has approx 3 months warranty left, but i was thinking of extending.
any advice please.

carl..
Old 05 August 2002, 11:25 AM
Flat 4x4
Scooby Regular

Find out about the last service.

Speak to the dealer you bought it from - I wouldn't think that they'd refuse a warranty repair on the window.

And from personal experience I am £3000 in pocket because I paid for the Subaru extended warranty (£327)....and my car had FsSH
Old 05 August 2002, 11:53 AM
Pete Croney
Scooby Regular

If the service has been missed, Subaru will probably still repair the window, as it would in no way be related to the service being delayed.

However, Mondial, the providors of the extended warranty would almost certainly reject any claim as the car will not have a service history in accordance with Subaru's recommendations. I would want a letter saying that this will not be taken into consideration or would save my money.