Notices
ScoobyNet General General Subaru Discussion

Wax Wizard :)

Search this Thread

Old 02 July 2001, 12:00 AM
Mark Underwood
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Medders...the acrylic sealant n cleanse...use every 6 months or if you want dogs danglies all of the time use every 3 months.

The wax...there is enuff wax in the pot for some 40 waxings of the scoob!!!!!!!!! Yes you have used far far too much. Apply a very thin coat and I mean thin coat to say a wing panel and then immediately buff using a clean towel. Proceeed around the car thus until complete.

Medders..I opened a pot for my own use back in Novemeber and with all the cars that I have valeted as well as my own car ...I have just about half a pot to go!!!!!!!

Regards..Mark

As a tip apply wax weekly to headlamps, front spoiler, headlamps/driving lamps and wing mirror pos and also to leading edge of bonnet....this will help with cleaning regime when washing..as you discovered..bug splatter simply slides off. Also wax your wheels at least once per month..should take any longer than 3 mins per wheel.
Old 02 July 2001, 12:15 AM
medders
Scooby Regular

Ahhh - Thanks Mark. I obviously got over excited!
Wonderful product.
Old 02 July 2001, 07:37 AM
Steve Cranfield
Scooby Regular

Where can i get this stuff from?
Old 02 July 2001, 10:56 AM
Mark Underwood
Scooby Regular

Wink

Steve ...call me on 07702 822544.Mark Wax Wizard
Old 02 July 2001, 11:19 AM
medders
Scooby Regular

Washed mine at the w/e for 1st time (after treatment). Dead wildlife came off a treat

One question tho' - How often are you supposed to use the acrylic sealer?

o.k. 2 questions...
Also I have used approx 1/3 of a pot of merlin wax after 2 applications - Am I using too much?
Old 02 July 2001, 12:34 PM
SCOSaltire
Scooby Regular

Cool

Hi all

gave my car the full Wax Wizard treatment at the weekend...

go
Old 02 July 2001, 01:05 PM
MartinM
Scooby Regular

Mark...as you're obviously 'on the thread'

I've got the Cleaner Wax . Is the Acrylic Sealant Cleanse the same/better/different. Does it go on top of the Cleaner Wax OK??

What do you do for tyres - they're looking less than tip top, but I don't want the shiny stuff that 2nd hand car dealers put on, 'cos its too shiny and only lasts a day anyway.

..and what about black external plastic (bottom of sills, bottom of back bumper at corners etc)?

..and what about interior - fascia, top of dashboard etc.

I'm ready to raid my piggy bank...

Trending Topics

Old 02 July 2001, 03:04 PM
Alan Webb
Scooby Regular

Thanks for the advice Mark, my cheque is in the post. I look forward to the next time I wash the car (this weekend).
Old 02 July 2001, 03:15 PM
jonmyers
Scooby Regular

Smile

Got my starter pack (including the acrylic cleaner) from Mark last week. The new cleaner is a dream to apply and treats all external surfaces of the car. I only got chance to wax the boot and spoiler as a tester and already I can see an improvement over the standard Autoglym finish. still some swirl marks left but much better and will probably improve with more treatments.

I'm applying the merlin wax with the sponge that was inside the wax container - is that correct Mark, or should I use that other round cotton covered sponge pad?

There is something very satisfying about that wax...
Old 03 July 2001, 10:36 AM
Mark Underwood
Scooby Regular

Wink

Jonmyers...use the sponge applicator in the pot. When you have finished waxing, return the sponge applicator to the wax pot and store there ready for next use. Remember to wash your towels and white terry towel applicator so that they are ready for use next time.

MartinM..the acrylic sealant n cleanse is just that. It will clean the paint and will chemically seal it. It is in its own right a standalone product. Asc well as cleaning and sealing it will impart a deep wet look gloss which is then ideal for the wax to be used. The wax will impart even more gloss and protection. The advantage with the sealant and cleanse is that you can treat the whole car in one complete session including wheels and glasswork and then go back to buff even if its next day. A lot easier and simpler.

The acrylic sealant can also be used on the those black bits...side sill, and black lips on the rear quarters. It will clean them and impart a deep satin finish.

For tyres and interior vinyl you'll need something different again. I do a vinyl/rubber milk which is ideal. On trhe tyres it will impart a deep clean but satin finish. I too despise the black gloss effect on tyres as its so artificial. When does one see tyres on a rack looking allm glossy etc.

You got my number so give me a buzz.
Old 03 July 2001, 10:47 AM
russell hayward
Scooby Regular

Hi Mark, hope you are getting sorted.

Quick question 4 you.

The Seat which I use for work and do about 1200 miles per week in gets washed almost every day to get the bug splatter off. Tried the clay bar on the windscreen and it works brilliantly.

However, despite having given it about 2/3 waxings since you did it, the front/wings of the car were feeling a little rough to the touch. So, out came the clay bar. WoW, loads of dirt removed from the paint !!

I just rewaxed over the top .

Should I use the acrylic sealer first or is just rewaxing OK ?

Thanks

Russ