Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs up

{Edit}

[This message has been edited by ChrisB (edited 08 July 2001).]
Old 06 July 2001, 12:17 AM
Adam M
Scooby Regular

just remember to ask about their recovery rates and consider how long you keep the car.

Mine will be over two years. tracker allowed me to pay lifetime subscription for £300.

on trackstar that is £500

Old 06 July 2001, 09:00 AM
mark.coleman
Scooby Regular

I've been quoted by Navtrak that theirs is superior to Tracker, especially using the Monitor version, Tracker tell me theirs is superior and NavTrak is no good if your car is in a container or under a tree when raining.
Anyone got some feedback on this.

Also been informed there are deals for scooby owners

Regards

Old 06 July 2001, 09:33 AM
Jza
Scooby Regular

Just got navtrak installed so im a bit biased. Cost £188 (via Puff TMW) and 14.99 p.m. thereafter - so loads cheaper.

They keep a log of where the car was, so if it gets taken into a car park it logs where it was last. A professionals going to get round any of the systems out there!

Pays ya money..... and all that

Jza
Old 06 July 2001, 10:17 AM
harj
Scooby Regular

Cool

Mark let me tell you something interesting about Navtrack!

Last Friday boarding the Ferry for Calais and I forgot to disarm the Navtrack system while getting on, 5 mins later as were sitting upstairs having a beer I get a call from Navtrack saying your car is on a Ferry and on its way to Calais, we also have the Manifesto so can you confirm if you are on it?

My amazement and I said "YES YES" now this thing really works as the same thing happened again in Germany when I forgot to disarm it and another call from them. Best thing is it works anywhere in the world with a GSM Signal

Thanks again to Puff for it, oops still gotta pay ya

Harj....
Old 06 July 2001, 10:36 AM
blp
Scooby Regular

I beleive tracker to be the best. Any system is as strong as its weakest link...and in the case of Navtrack, thats got to be the "mobile phone link" between the car and the base. My phone doesnt work everywhere......does yours?
Old 08 July 2001, 07:41 PM
Lunchie
Scooby Regular

Thumbs up

I got NavTrak installed a couple of months ago after, straight after buying my Scoob. I chose mainly because of the price when compared to the other proactive systems.

Couple of things I notice.

1. Its a bit of a pain having to disarm it each - its manual process with a sensor in the car. So you always have to have your keys and wallet with you. I suppose one advantage is that if someone nicks your keys and makes off with your car you still get to know about it.

2. Its not linked into the alarm so if someone busts into your car you don't know about it (Unless they nick it).

3. My wife borrowed my car recently and didn't disarm the system. I had my mobile off but they left a message (which I could hardly hear). I tried to ring back to let them know it was a false alarm and couldn't get through. A few hours later I at last managed to. They said their phone system wasn't working. That's a bit worrying as you have to contact them to let them know a crime no. from the police for them to liaise directly.

Lunchie