ScoobyNet General General Subaru Discussion

whos driven a evo 7

Search this Thread

Old 09 July 2001, 11:38 AM
THOMO
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question

I SAW ONE AT ROGER CLARKE RACING IT LOOKED THE DOGS .I MUST HAVE ONE SOON .APPARENTLY THEY ARE 325 BHP STANDARD.THEY LOOK FAR BETTER THAN THE NEW SCOOBY?
Old 09 July 2001, 11:54 AM
toofast
Scooby Newbie

Would'nt be hard for it to look better than a new shape scoob though would it?
Old 09 July 2001, 11:57 AM
RonaldoH
Scooby Regular

Cool

Thomo.

Not sure on the performance but I had the pleasure of a ride in one a few weeks back, in the pi$$ing rain. My mate took me through a roundabout at the same speed in the wet as he could manage it in his Accord Type R in the dry and well, the handling was simply breath taking. He managed to get a nice clear run on some straights too.....and well, they are simply awesome. Its punch and point to point handling makes it a car definately worth thinking about if you are

Ron
Old 09 July 2001, 05:37 PM
LitchfieldImports
Former Sponsor

325bhp? Well mine made 280.5bhp (don't forget the 0.5) at Powerstation after it has had its first service. It has definatly free up more now so I would say that std the have 285-290bhp.
In a straight line they are just as quick as a Mak Special.
Old 09 July 2001, 05:54 PM
Adam M
Scooby Regular

I drove the 7 and thought it felt incredible.

Straightline performance didnt feel a patch on mine, but handling wise it felt much more keyed into the road. Very easy to get in a drive it by the scruff of its neck.

Didnt have the passion of my car, nor the manic feel.

Also when I got out, it didnt feel like an event like it does getting out of mine, or Cems makinen.

Perhaps I am not yet used to the looks, but that is subjective. If I was just entering the scene relating to this kind of car with no knowledge of the 22B, thebn I would have no hesitation in buying an evo 7 over any other scoob.
Old 09 July 2001, 07:01 PM
jason b
Scooby Regular

Cool

DROVE ONCE SOLD THE P1 AND BOUGHT ONE, I SHOULD BE RECEIVING IT THIS WEEKEND!!!!!!!!!
ALTHOUGH O STILL HAVE 3 WEEKS TO RUN ON MY BAN!!!!!!!!!!!
J
Old 09 July 2001, 07:11 PM
THOMO
Scooby Regular

Talking

your not wrong ive seen better looking fso polonez primas <BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:<HR>Originally posted by toofast:
<B>Would'nt be hard for it to look better than a new shape scoob though would it?[/quote]

Trending Topics

Old 09 July 2001, 07:14 PM
THOMO
Scooby Regular

Talking

i am seriousley jealous of you ,im yet to drive one. <BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:<HR>Originally posted by RonaldoH:
<B>Thomo.

Not sure on the performance but I had the pleasure of a ride in one a few weeks back, in the pi$$ing rain. My mate took me through a roundabout at the same speed in the wet as he could manage it in his Accord Type R in the dry and well, the handling was simply breath taking. He managed to get a nice clear run on some straights too.....and well, they are simply awesome. Its punch and point to point handling makes it a car definately worth thinking about if you are

Ron[/quote]

Old 09 July 2001, 07:16 PM
THOMO
Scooby Regular

Talking

5k i was told and you will be breaking the sound barrier. <BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:<HR>Originally posted by iainlit:
<B>325bhp? Well mine made 280.5bhp (don't forget the 0.5) at Powerstation after it has had its first service. It has definatly free up more now so I would say that std the have 285-290bhp.
In a straight line they are just as quick as a Mak Special.[/quote]

Old 09 July 2001, 07:23 PM
THOMO
Scooby Regular

Talking

just think that i have know knowledge of either car,and get your fingers in your pocket and buy me one . CHEERS <BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:<HR>Originally posted by Adam M:
<B>I drove the 7 and thought it felt incredible.

Straightline performance didnt feel a patch on mine, but handling wise it felt much more keyed into the road. Very easy to get in a drive it by the scruff of its neck.

Didnt have the passion of my car, nor the manic feel.

Also when I got out, it didnt feel like an event like it does getting out of mine, or Cems makinen.

Perhaps I am not yet used to the looks, but that is subjective. If I was just entering the scene relating to this kind of car with no knowledge of the 22B, thebn I would have no hesitation in buying an evo 7 over any other scoob.[/quote]

Old 09 July 2001, 07:26 PM
THOMO
Scooby Regular

Unhappy

WOW ,I THINK THAT SAID IT ALL JASE HAPPY DRIVING SON, WATCH OUT FOR THOSE CAMERAS <BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:<HR>Originally posted by jason b:
<B>DROVE ONCE SOLD THE P1 AND BOUGHT ONE, I SHOULD BE RECEIVING IT THIS WEEKEND!!!!!!!!!
ALTHOUGH O STILL HAVE 3 WEEKS TO RUN ON MY BAN!!!!!!!!!!!
J[/quote]