how embarresing !!!!

Search this Thread

Old 06 February 2000, 02:12 PM
Philip Thurlow
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angry

oh gawd !! How stupid do I feel today !
I have so far (only been awake 3 hours) caused a massive traffic jams !
last week I got a MRS Immobiliser fitted. It works, unfortunately I found that out for myself - a quick note to you all - turn your radio down low so you can hear the immobiliser reminding you that you haven't turned it off ! Once the car Hi-jacked on the middle of a round about and the other time near some traffic lights !! So there I was sat in my car with alarms, hazzard lights and horns going for 10 minutes in the middle of the road ! oh dear, I'm a nervous wreck now - ps. no one stopped me to ask me why I was stealing my own car ! eeeey by gum !
Old 06 February 2000, 02:29 PM
sunilp
Scooby Regular

Question

I dont understand...why is the immobiliser cutting in once then engine is running?

Old 06 February 2000, 02:39 PM
Anders
Scooby Regular

Anti hijak allows the car to run for a bit before shutting down.

This allows the owner to avoid a nasty confrontation with the villains who stole the car, i.e. they are off down the road whilst the owner is on the phone to the Police...........yes sir we will gwt there in the next hour or two!
Old 06 February 2000, 02:41 PM
Philip Thurlow
Scooby Regular

Its a strange set up - you have to get in - shut the drivers door - then you have to press one of your pedals (not telling you which for sequirity reasons) then you have to press a hidden button which then disables the immobiliser. If you have just had it fitted and you have the radio cranked up - you cant hear the warning lights telling you have forgotten to di it - the car after 30 seconds of driving will start its hazzard lights and then the system plays with the injectors and gently brings your car to a halt - then the alarm and horns start making a really bad noise ! The idea of the system is to catch the thieves at it so they can be prosecuted and they wont trash the car because they will paniv and run off when it all goes a bit pete tong - I'll have to show you it for you to fullt understand it - it is really good - but just a pain when you forget about it ! doh ! )
Old 06 February 2000, 03:02 PM
sunilp
Scooby Regular

Cool

DOH!