ScoobyNet General General Subaru Discussion

Anyone Good with speeding charges?

Search this Thread

Old 21 July 2001, 06:24 PM
LollyS
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hi

I recieved a summons yesterday for speeding up in North Yorkshire, I was apparently doing 105mph in a 60 zone but when the policeman stopped me he didnt show me the speed he had recorded on the hand held gun, he was on his own, he constanlty swore at me and I was also on narrow windy country roads and was definitely doing less than 80....does anyone think ill get away with it if i plead not guilty ?? I would put my hands up to it and say i was guilty if i thought i was but for once in my life I know I wasnt going as fast as he says i was. By the way it was an unmarked Scooby on thre Clapham Bypass that stopped me !

Cheers
Old 21 July 2001, 06:33 PM
Dirty_Den
Scooby Regular

Without wanting to get involved in a is speeding socially acceptable type thread - check out:
Old 21 July 2001, 07:13 PM
LollyS
Scooby Regular

Cheers for that ill have a look !

I know what you mean about people speeding and so on but it was a country lane, well it was an a road but had a lot of windy bends in it and wasnt a residential area, the scooby was the only other car on the road at the time...like i said to the copper, i think i would be able to tell if i was doing over 100, it was in my old car and thatd rattle like mad over 80mph
Old 21 July 2001, 07:51 PM
johnfelstead
Scooby Regular
Support Scoobynet!

Received 53 Likes on 30 Posts
Red face

LOL

sorry to be cruel but after your cossie killer coment in the first thread i saw you post, this has me rolling on the floor.

If your up for 105 in a 60, believe me the magistrates will take the coppers side, your getting a ban!

Buy your bus ticket now, i believe you get discounts for advanced purchase.
Old 21 July 2001, 08:08 PM
Nathan L
Scooby Regular

Exclamation

Lolly.
If it was an unmarked car then it is unlikely it would have been a hand held gun. More likely the rozzer had Pro-vida video equipment, this is directly linked to the on board calibrated speedo. If it was Pro-vida then I'm with John get your bus ticket now. Again if it was Pro-vida then it should also have picked him up swearing at you. You will have to ask for a copy of the tape when the advance disclosure arrives.

Nathan..

[This message has been edited by Nathan L (edited 21 July 2001).]
Old 21 July 2001, 10:41 PM
andy.b
Scooby Newbie

If the Police vehicle was the only other vehicle on the road at the time, why did you not see it keeping pace with you? Speed is not as much the problem as paying attention to the circumstances on the road around you. YOu dont deserve to be swore at, but 100+ anywhere will get you a ban! Perhaps the video will show the Officers actions, but think also that the magistrates will also get to see the follow, your driving and the extent of your speed!
Old 22 July 2001, 08:59 AM
GaryC
Scooby Regular

GET A SOLICITOR.

Heading into court, regardless of the strength of your case, without one is suicide. It is more likely to have been VASCAR that he did you with, but if that was the case, he will have evidence and not just 'his word against yours'.

If what you say is true (no evidence/doing less than 80mph/policeman on his own/swearing etc) then you will be fine. If there is more to it, then for 45mph above the speed limit, then chance of you keeping your license is about as slim as Bella Emburg
Old 22 July 2001, 12:10 PM
LollyS
Scooby Regular

There is no video evidence whatso ever, according to the court there is just the policemans word ofr it against mine.

Thanks for the advice anyway
Old 22 July 2001, 07:43 PM
Ian E
Scooby Regular

Check with your insurance and see if you have Legal Cover which might cover a Solicitor.

I got caught on the motorbike near Skipton last year by a hidden Police Car with laser. They caught up with me a couple of miles down the road (marked Scoob).

Skipton Magistrates court are not renowned for being lenient I'm afraid. I was caught doing 98 (allegedly!) in a 60 and got 6 points and a £555 fine The solicitors bill was around £400 but the Insurance Legal Cover paid for most of this.

I don't think they would have issued a summons unless they thought they had a good case.

Cheers,

Ian.
Old 22 July 2001, 07:49 PM
dba
Scooby Regular

Unhappy

try
Old 22 July 2001, 07:55 PM
dteagles
Scooby Regular