Notices
ScoobyNet General General Subaru Discussion

Some kids damaging a car, what do you do?

Search this Thread

Old 09 July 2002, 05:57 PM
mega_stream
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angry

My wife came home in tears last night after popping down the local kebab shop [img]images/smilies/mad.gif[/img]

She parked her car in the car park in the village and when she returned she found a dozen or so yobs, one of which was p1ssing up the side of the car parked next to hers [img]images/smilies/mad.gif[/img]
2 others were letting the car tyres down on it. [img]images/smilies/mad.gif[/img]

She told them to clear off and they hurled aduse at her [img]images/smilies/mad.gif[/img]

I wanted to go and sort the little gob shytes out, but the trouble is its a smallish village and I don't want them round my place causing even more agro

They were your classic yob of today...Burberry hats, polo shirts with the collars up, joggers, white reebok trainers, plenty of gold. You know the type?

Ar5eholes [img]images/smilies/mad.gif[/img]

I saw a fight going on during the world cup down the same village, bottles smashed over heads, about 5 of them kicking this bloke while he was on the ground, never seen anything like it other than on TV. Shocking and sad to see

What's going on??
Arrggghhh [img]images/smilies/mad.gif[/img]

[Edited by mega_stream - 9/7/2002 5:58:36 PM]
Old 07 September 2002, 05:22 PM
Reidy2
Scooby Regular

Just a short note to canvass some opinion here.

On the way back from the pub last night there were 3 young lads (16ish) with slipknot gear on etc in front of us (was with wifey). They seemed harmless until they started throwing themselves against a parked car, definitely denting and scratching it.

It happened so quickly and out of the blue I don't know what prompted it but they were laughing etc - they definitely did not know the owner as they started doing it on another car further down the street.

I saw red, I chased one of them, catching him, getting him by the neck, drawing my fist back asking him if he owned a car, and if he did, how would he like it if I caused damage to it etc. I wasn't intending to assault him, just to scare him. They all surrounded me saying leave it etc and I let them go.

My wife was furious with me as it is really out of character, saying, "you could have been stabbed, its only a car..., not even yours"..

I know I could have been hurt or something but the little turds were obvious oblivious to the fact that we all work bloody hard for our money and some people really take pride in their cars etc... I frightened the life out of them and luckily they did not fight back.

What would you all have done?
Old 07 September 2002, 05:26 PM
AaronC
Scooby Newbie

I would probaly steam in....!

This is actually a real issue with me, I fell out with one of my mates, because we were outside a pub and he decided to lean against a car (nothing special.....focus or somthing) anyway, I asked him not to do it....and he refused to move....I ended up getting really anoyed....he couldn;t undertand the issue as it wasn;t my car......but I just think it is a respect thing.
Old 07 September 2002, 05:29 PM
Molds
Scooby Regular

i saw a group of teanagers kick a shopping trolley into the road last wkend. it rolled down a hill and bumped along the side of numerous cars.

mine wasnt parked along there and i didnt know any of the cars that were.

they just laughed. i wanted to kick the living **** out of all of the little ******$!!

trb is until they grow up they dont appreciate the value of the things they damage. and what can anyone do about a 14yr old? they cant go to prison, i cant really beat the crap out of em. som whats to stop youths doing what they like?

pi$$es me off. about time these little turds had a good hiding on site rather than decent people having to put up with this crap.

u should have taken em to their house, made em do the same to their parents cars. let the parents sort em out.
Old 07 September 2002, 05:33 PM
Reidy2
Scooby Regular

Surely we can't go around beating the little turds in some sort of mad max style?

What if one of the little ***** pull a knife, it is only a car. I feel bad about it and if I had to go through it again I might say something rather than steam in. I just saw red though, I never thought I would react like that at all. The car was probably insured and I value my own safety more than that of anothers car, even if it is a Rover.
Old 07 September 2002, 06:26 PM
STi 7
Scooby Regular

I agree with AaronC...

you should treat other peoples property with respect!
Old 07 September 2002, 06:33 PM
HKSubaru
Scooby Senior

STI 7 out of the muppet forum?

Well, megastream, bad to hear, looks like the local authority should do some more work, little gits (not all just the gits) cause lots of problems to scoobynetters.

Trending Topics

Old 07 September 2002, 06:38 PM
roguck
Scooby Regular

Bring back Borstal and the bloody Birch/stocks for these ****es!!!!
Sadly I have to teach children who have this sort of arrogant attitude to other peoples property and parents don't care.
Old 07 September 2002, 07:12 PM
astraboy
Scooby Regular

May I refer you to:
http://www.scoobynet.co.uk/bbs/threa...hreadid=128996
All you have to do is give as good as you get. Half the time they're acting the hardcase with nowt to back it up. Thats why they dress in the uniform as I call it (detailed above somewhere) as they'd like you to think that everyone who dresses like that is a rudebwoy and as they are dressed like that then you shouldnt mess. All you have to do is give them a small insight into what its like to mess with a PROPER lunatic and they back off sharpish. At the end of the day they are still kids. they might need more to intimidate them but you get there eventually.
Christ, a long while back my old man went into a chip shop which was populated by TWENTY of these twonks who had been giving my sister bother. All my old man did was go up to the largest and lift him off the floor by his neck and promise to maim him if he went near my sister again. I was watching this and was impressed to say the least
astraboy.
Old 07 September 2002, 07:32 PM
Darren king
Scooby Regular

The worlds in a state,no doubt about it...

My sister caught a young lad draining petrol out of her car in broad daylight - told her boyfriend so he went to them what for and the lad pulled a 9" kitchen knife on him?

The police couldn't do much as he had pi55ed off.

I don't know whats going on but none of the little sh*ts are scared of the law what so ever.

If it don't concern me I don't usually get involved, not unless someone is getting hurt.
Old 08 September 2002, 12:05 AM
Great~taste~Bloke
Scooby Regular

the very same
Old 08 September 2002, 12:33 AM
Eagle7
Scooby Regular

its due to the cocked up law where kids can get away with anything until they are 'old enough'. I say if they are old enough to pull a knife or vandalise a car, they are old enough to do some community service or be charged for their crimes.

This only exists to this ridiculous level in this country. In the states people are alot more harsh on crime. Over here you get a slap on your wrist.
Old 08 September 2002, 08:33 AM
grabber
Scooby Regular

hows this one for ya
driving home one sunday afternoon i passed 2 lads walking down the road as i passed one of them threw a stone at the motor, i turned round chased after them & caught the little ****, long story short i ended up calling the cops as the boys parents did n't seem to give a ****e that they cracked the windscreen on my motor. the cops went round to the house & the boys parents came out with the usal getting divorced & hard times crap & lett the little ******* off.
about a month later my misses gets mugged, luckily she beat the ****e out of the 2 muggers infront of a car park full of people & ended up she got nicked for ABH while the muggers got nothing, not one of the 20 or so people there would act as a witness . you wonder why kids have no respect, the laws on the wrong side most of the time. so no one wants to get involved if more people stood up for what they beleive then prehaps those in charge would start to take note, why should we tolorate the ****s of this world !
Old 08 September 2002, 03:27 PM
Phil M
Scooby Regular

Back to the original post, i think you did the correct thing... Does my head in to see this stuff happen.

Was in town and saw a 2 couples in their 40's walk past a 996 Turbo, had condensation on bonnet so they were writing w@nker twwats etc etc etc on it, i was with my parents but i was annoyed i could of 1) gone ape **** with them and got nowhere or 2) which is what i did, was to just ask them why they did it and they could not answer my question and just walked off looking confused and a little sheepish! RESULT
Old 08 September 2002, 04:29 PM
STi 7
Scooby Regular

i would have sparked them out!
Old 08 September 2002, 05:13 PM
jonny gav
Scooby Regular

Exclamation

i would have done nothing at all or gone in and smacked him in the mouth then turned on his mates, nothing in between.

your wife was right,you could have been stabbed, thats why i would have steamed in or done nothing.

the last thing you do is give them time to think or turn your back on them.

think yourself lucky.

if you do go in,don't give them a chance.

Old 08 September 2002, 05:18 PM
STi 7
Scooby Regular

lol, ure making this out to be some kind of boxing game...
:P
Old 08 September 2002, 05:27 PM
jonny gav
Scooby Regular

better than a knife in ya back!!!
Old 08 September 2002, 05:28 PM
Dave_A
Scooby Regular

Angry

LANCE
Still got your Malibu?

VINCENT
You know what some ****er did to it
the other day?

LANCE
What?

VINCENT
****in' keyed it.

LANCE
Oh man, that's ****ed up.

VINCENT
Tell me about it. I had the
goddamn thing in storage three
years. It's out five ****in' days
-- five days, and some dickless
piece of **** ****s with it.

LANCE
They should be ****in' killed. No
trial, no jury, straight to
execution.

VINCENT
I just wish I caught 'em doin' it,
ya know? Oh man, I'd give anything
to catch 'em doin' it. It'a been
worth his doin' it, if I coulda
just caught 'em, you know what I
mean?

LANCE
It's chicken ****. You don't ****
another man's vehicle.

Says its all....
Old 08 September 2002, 05:33 PM
Molds
Scooby Regular

anyone remember the film Christine?

i think we all know what these $hitter$ need...

i don't ask my Scoob where it was last night - we have an understanding...
Old 08 September 2002, 07:20 PM
Clarebabes
Scooby Regular

Unhappy

Up the chip shop the other night. It was raining really hard, so all the local yoofs decided to stand outside under the roof just outside. They were about 14-16 years old, drinking stella and causing complete mayhem!

When the lads on their bikes kept leaning against the window of the chippy, I was sure one of them was going to go through it and the poor people who run the shop would be faced with a rather large bill.

I didn't say anything because my car was about 2 metres from them and I had my daughter with me. I knew I would get abuse if I did say anything, but it really concerned me.

I should have said something but didn't and wished now I had. Kids these days have no respect and deserve a fright. I used to hang around in a large group in my home town, but would never have done anything like key cars or damage them in any way.

I think they deserved your reaction. If only there was more people who would stand up to them. I know it's only property, but like someone has already said, we work damn hard to get the stuff we buy.

I will definitely be teaching my daughter to respect things.