ScoobyNet General General Subaru Discussion

GT2

Search this Thread

Old 03 February 2000, 10:27 AM
Adam M
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Sorry about the lame question.

someone said that to make money, use the 3rd mid engine race, and winning the race gives you money and a GT40. They recommend using a Venturi. Cant afford it yet but should I consider an esprit? Don't want to put the money in and find it drives like a turd (although the real one doesn't so why should it?)
If I do go for the venturi, do I want the 410 bhp or the atlantique 210 jobby?

comments and suggestions appreciated, I am after big money as I want the Impreza WRC.
Old 03 February 2000, 10:43 AM
Richard F
Scooby Regular

Think I put this in another thread but anyway...

Dunno if this is any use to you but I bought a used RX7 Iffini (sp?) and did the first two races in the Clubman Cup (I think). The first race was Rome Short Course and the 2nd was Grundelweld or whatever it is. The 2nd one was a bit tricky for me (I'm crap and I don't like the RX7) so I did the 1st one a few times until I could buy the Stage 1 turbo to give me a better chance. I carried on doing that until I could buy an STi Type R (brand new). When I got that I did the same again until I could tune that up to stage 3 turbo. Then I went for the harder races. Can't remember what competition it was (GT Allstars?) but the track was Grand Valley Raceway (my favourite from GT). Eventually won that - got 50000 and a Mugen NSX GT for that. Then it's a doddle to build the cash up quickly. Took me 2 days to get about 400,000 and lots of nice cars. I think I've had a total of about 8,000,000 worth of car so far. If it's purely cash you're after that's a pretty easy way to get it...

Richard
Old 03 February 2000, 10:43 AM
Oakley
Scooby Regular

Sorry about the lame reply..!

I won in in an Esprit Sport 350! Another good pair to make money on are as follows. If you win race 2 of the Pure Sports Car cup, you get $15 000 plus a TVR Tuscan. If you win the Red Rock Speedway race on the GT All Stars cup you win $50 000 plus a Speed 12, which is worth $500 000.

The Venturi's nasty, buy an Esprit instead.

P.S. I found that if I waited until day 130, a 22B appeared in the Subaru used lot for about $58 000!
Old 03 February 2000, 11:01 AM
mark245
Scooby Regular

Adam, when you've got the cash to buy , you can always purchase a car to try out, if it's crap, turn the platstation off, and you resort to your previous settings. As long as you dont save it during the game, you're OK. sorry if i'm teaching you to suck eggs,

Mark
Old 03 February 2000, 02:44 PM
dsmith
Scooby Regular

Smile

Agree with the above ... try before you save. I can't remember the exact Venturi I bought but its now tuned and race prepared and drive very nicely. I haven't tried the espirt yet (there's only some many available hours !). I have won the Mugen NSX which is also quick if a little twitchy. Regardless of the exact route I think the quickest cash making races are the Special Events because of some of the cars you win.

Oakley - I havent got the TVR Tuscan yet. What cars qaulify for the "pure sports car" cup ?

Dean
Old 05 February 2000, 08:28 PM
Oakley
Scooby Regular

Talking

Dean,

Any car qualifies for any cup, apart from drive specific ones like 4WD or FR cups. You can win the Open Car Cup in a 22B, or use a Lotus Europa in the 80s Car Cup, anything you like. Silly really...!

Mark
Old 05 February 2000, 11:03 PM
IWatkins
Scooby Regular

Hi All,

I found starting with a Celica ST165 (my car in real life) did the trick on Clubmans then buying a GTi-R (second-hand) and entering the 4WD cup. Win second or third race to net a car worth 20000. The beauty is you can run the race again and again and fill your garage with Nismo 400's that you can sell for 20000 each.

The second race is in Seattle (Street circuit) so the race only lasts a few minutes. I just sat down and ran the same race again and again, until I got bored. Then went an bought an STi VI and put on all the toys in one go. This car is good enough for most of the races in the GT Section. The secret is to buy all the upgrades even if you can afford the best. I.e. if you can afford the Stage 3 buy the Stage 1 and 2 as well. This way you can detune your car down to the maximum permissable power limit in all the other races.

The STI doesn't cut it for the Grand Championship though. Went and bought a Toyota GT-One (GT car) for a cool 1,000,000. This car will beat most cars.

I like Toyota by the way. :-)

Anybody find most of the road races easy but the dirt ones hard ? My R-spec 99 Impreza Rally Car keeps getting blown away by a bloody Saxo 1.6 Grrrrr.

Cheers

Ian

Trending Topics

Old 06 February 2000, 10:29 AM
Ian Cook
Scooby Regular

Cool

Has anybody saved up the 2million for the Espace F1 yet I am at 1.5 million and will be giving it a go for a laugh.

I have an STi V type r with everything (470 something BHP), and can quite happily beat everything on the GT Cup race, which gives 20000 for the win, then a car worth 250000, rear wheel drive nissan (i think) race car, this is good for the oval circuits but not much fun for proper ones as it keeps spinning, ok so its me being a crap driver on it , so i sell it more or less straight away every time.

Also have a Mines Lancer Evo V fully loaded, producing about 511BHP which is nice

If you win the 250000 car, more races appear as well, but i have noticed there is a bit of a bug on the version I have, there is a tuned NA race and a tuned Turbo race, but the error message if you try to enter with the wrong type of car says the opposite to what it should ? ie if you enter the turbo race with a NA car, it says this is for tuned na cars your car cannot run or something similar.

[This message has been edited by Ian Cook (edited 06-02-2000).]
Old 08 February 2000, 01:16 PM
spence
Scooby Regular

Am I right in thinking you can transfer over your money, cars, and licences from GT1.

I ran the data tranfer, mix, and all I have got is the first two licences.

Also can you load your cars from the first game as a guest garage in Arcade mode...

Can any one help....
Old 08 February 2000, 01:31 PM
Markus
Scooby Regular

spence:
Sorry, you can only transfer licences from GT1.

This is a bit of a pain.

BTW - anyone else really annoyed by the dealers showing incorrect HP for cars? I thought I'd enter the GT300 using a Toyota GT one, why? well garage said it was 591 bhp, which is limit for GT300 event, so I buy the car and try to enter but get told I've got too much HP!!!!! go to my garage and find the car's got 593 HP!!!! really annoying!!! can't even de-tune the beast!
grrrrrr.
Old 08 February 2000, 01:38 PM
Oz
Scooby Regular

Well, finally went out and bought it at the weekend and, despite only having an hour or two to play it, I'm finding it a lot easier than the first game.

The licenses are so easy to get it's untrue. Breezed straight through B and A licenses without even thinking about it (couldn't be arsed to hunt down my old GT memory card).

Started with a really cheap Primera GT '90 (cost about 3k), souped it up and won some races before buying an Evo III (heresy I know, but at 17k it was 3k cheaper than an STi of the same vintage). Currently about 330bhp....a few more hours and I'll start hitting the monster cars. So, how long before we start swapping best lap times? ;-)
Old 08 February 2000, 01:51 PM
Ian Cook
Scooby Regular

Wait till you have all the normal licences and try to get the special licence not so easy.

I really need analogue throttle and brake to do well in some of the powerful cars too

I tried the Espace, what a waste of time

Anybody tried the Suzuki Escudo Pikes Peak car, all i can say is WOW nothing is faster accelerating.

My list of cars is huge too, the calibra touring car is different, revs to 14000 rpm
Old 08 February 2000, 02:08 PM
MarkCSC
Scooby Regular

Smile

Does anybody think that the cars don't have the same feel as GT1? You can't powerslide round corners anymore without spinning as you have no idea where grip finishes and slide starts. Also it wont turn in on the brakes to induce oversteer
Oh and buy the Ruf/Porsche 993 Turbo very funny car

Mark
Old 08 February 2000, 02:49 PM
Orville
Scooby Regular

How do I buy the TVR Speed 12? I've got the cash , but cannot buy the cat .
Old 08 February 2000, 02:49 PM
IWatkins
Scooby Regular

Dirt Events.

Don't bother entering until you have 2,000,000 credits. Buy the Suzuki Escudo Pikes Peak car and you are laughing. Blows away everything including the Suzuki Escudo Pikes Peak car on Pikes Peak. ?

This car is also quite useful on the track (after fitting slicks). Short Oval (cannot remember its name) can be lapped in under 30 seconds. Nice.

Cheers

Ian Watkins
Old 08 February 2000, 02:53 PM
Richard F
Scooby Regular

I got the Speed 12 by winning it in the GT Allstars race at Red Rock (3rd event in that series I think). When you get the R390 GT1 and tune it, this is a good race to win cash on. You win the race plus car every time - 550,000 per go.
Old 08 February 2000, 03:23 PM
Area 52 Autosport
Scooby Regular

Location: Nottingham with 620BHP & 530lb/ft @1.5bar boost on road fuel.
Cool

I am the best at this game, the greatest. I will take on all comers!

Benny
Undefeated
Old 08 February 2000, 10:10 PM
Stef
Scooby Regular

Benny.

You're an absolute logger!!!! :P:
You've only had the game a couple of days.
I suggest you start putting up some honest lap times and then we'll see.
Winning in split-screen mode means nothin, there is only one way to play GT.....full screen means full speed!

Stef.
Old 08 February 2000, 10:18 PM
Area 52 Autosport
Scooby Regular

Location: Nottingham with 620BHP & 530lb/ft @1.5bar boost on road fuel.
Nah Stef, it is all about a one on one battle where the pressure of competition makes lesser mortals crack!!

Just because an F1 driver can lap quickly in practise doesn't mean he's going to win the race!!

I can understand if you want to avoid the racing and just want to concentrate on the practising!

Keep 'em coming!

Benny