Notices
ScoobyNet General General Subaru Discussion

Admiral - Grey Imports

Search this Thread

Old 10 February 2000, 12:00 AM
Beef
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
One of our guys says he just got a really good deal for his MKIV TT at OPI Insurance: 0870 242 0800, ask for Tony. He has managed to get us a group discount, and I know it is a Supras only discount, but maybe if you say a member has referred you he might give you a discount. Apparently they don't charge extra for imports either. If you are interested, mail me, and I'll give you my membership no.

[This message has been edited by Beef (edited 10-02-2000).]
Old 10 February 2000, 12:00 AM
Bajie
Scooby Regular

Foolishly I used an Admiral authorised repairer when my Saab was raped by some stereo thieves.
The repairers managed to break the front windscreen, damage the heater controls and gave me a Fiat Punto as a courtesy [?] car.
I wasn't best pleased.
They tried to do the same when my Mercedes was road raged and shunted up the rear.
This time, after much complaining, it went to Mercedes, who did all the servicing, and I got a Mitsubishi GDi [Punto upgrade!] as a courtesy car.
Old 10 February 2000, 12:02 AM
Bajie
Scooby Regular

Oh, sorry, Admiral are absolutely useless was what I meant to say.
Totally and utterly useless and I hate them.
They refused to insure my Scooby with full protected and guaranteed NCD.
Bastids.
Old 10 February 2000, 12:09 AM
Simon R
Scooby Regular

Yeah, Admiral are useless! It seems a lot of bad press was posted on the BBS *after* I insured my car (back in September). Goddam typical timing as usual.

Looks like I'm going insurance hunting today! Great

Beef, cheers Could you send the details to the address in my profile please! I'll be spending the day on the phone. Have to see what rebate Admiral are going to give me first though!

L8r
Old 10 February 2000, 12:11 AM
PaulL
Scooby Regular

Hey Bajie,

There's nothing wrong with a Punto (My second car is one!)

But if you think you were badly done to, when my PUNTO was in for repairs, I ended up with an Nissan Almera as a courtesy car - now that really IS bad for the street cred!!

Paul L
Old 10 February 2000, 12:23 AM
Simon R
Scooby Regular

Unhappy

Someone bumped my V6 2.9 XR4x4 over Xmas

Claimed against Directline who provided my with a hire car during the repairs (well, I wasn't going to use my STi as a daily drive)

1.2 litre Corsa! AAaaaaaaaaaaarrrrrggggggggghhhhhhhhhhhhhh!
Old 10 February 2000, 12:26 AM
Beef
Scooby Regular

Oh wow! Hear the beast, roar, roar!

Did you get the no. OK?

Trending Topics

Old 10 February 2000, 12:54 AM
Beef
Scooby Regular

Oops! The guy that posted the phone number got it wrong. The real number is 0870 242 0800. He has been slapped vigorously. Apparently the other number is somebody called Lisa.
Old 10 February 2000, 12:58 AM
Simon R
Scooby Regular

Thumbs up

Cheers Beef

L8r
Old 10 February 2000, 11:54 AM
Simon R
Scooby Regular

Angry

Hi all!

Just received a letter from Admiral this morning regarding my policy.

It seems since my car is manufactured outside the EEC (STi), they can no longer provide a courtesy car (should I ever require one) since they believe that the repair could takes weeks or months (waiting for parts), rather than the usual days (yeah right).

As if I'd let THEIR repairers fix my baby anyway!

They said that they would have to put premiums up if they were still to honor the courtesy car.

< rant mode on >

WHAT! I pay 1200 bloody pounds already!!! Those theiving scumbags should be put out of business, they're no better than the average car thief!

The thing that really annoys me is that they can just chop 'n' change the details of your policy as and how they feel like, when they want.

If I try that tactic with them, Mr.Plod comes to have a nice word with me

Surely my insurance documents are my contract with them, signed, sealed, and delivered! You can't just go changing stuff about like that! Isn't there some sort of consumer protection thing to stop this from happening (I doubt)

<rant mode off>

Just thought I'd let you all know and vent a little insurance frustration at the same time

BTW, I remember speaking to Mike Rainbird at Donno last November about the RSOC insurance and whether it's possible to set something up for the SIDC? Apparently, the insurance company they use is VERY understanding.

L8r

Simon

Old 10 February 2000, 01:00 PM
Markus
Scooby Regular

Guess I'd better look for another insurer if I get a scoob. Dread to think what the renewal on my mondy ST24 is gonna be like this year!
Old 10 February 2000, 01:38 PM
Bajie
Scooby Regular

I have nothing against the Punto, my wife has a Bravo but driving a Saab 900 Turbo and then being forced to use a Punto to travel on the M25 with no stereo or acceleration through no fault of your own is very upsetting.
Old 10 February 2000, 03:05 PM
GCollier
Scooby Regular

And how much do you think it would cost for the insurance company to hire something flash such as an impreza turbo, saab turbo etc? Come to think of it, shouldn't they provide a 22B or something, to make up for the inconvenience of having your car off the road? And where is the money going to come from to pay for all this? Oh, that would be out of higher insurance premiums! At least it would give you something else to moan about though.
Old 10 February 2000, 04:46 PM
Bajie
Scooby Regular

So you insure your car and let the company know it is used in your business.
For which they undoubtedly load up your premium.
then when your business tool is damaged get something totally unsuitable and arrive to work ratty and totally peed off.
Then when you go through it again you end up paying extra for an 'upgrade' to your courtesy car.
I didn't ask them for a turbo I just asked for something a bit more suitable for motorway travel.
Ever experienced cross-winds you didn't even know were there because you were in a heavy car and are now in a piece of tin foil.
Old 10 February 2000, 05:05 PM
Yex
Scooby Regular

Angry

I also received the same letter from Admiral this morning and I drive a UK MY98......

I am also waiting for a court date for them, long story but could end up getting 2 years NCD back and about £4,000 for them for the incident concerned, something they didn't appear to be concerned with until I pointed out a few details about the highway code and being hit from behind whilst turning left!

My personal opinion is that they are w*****s, and I cannot wait to move my policy when the claim issue is resolved or my P1 arrives - whichever is sooner

Yex