Notices
ScoobyNet General General Subaru Discussion

Prodrive WR Sport pack

Search this Thread

Old 10 February 2000, 10:01 AM
Markus
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
OK, I've read in various places, namely Evo, that you can take a standard scooby up to RB5 levels with Prodrive's WR Sport Pack (or whatever it is called), is this 100 percent true?
If so then does anyone know what the cost is (yes, I know, Prodrive do!!) and what exactly the mods are.

Could they be added to a P reg 5 door (the hatch/estate thingy) and if so then how would one go about getting it done? would one speak to one's scooby dealer, or direct to Prodrive (have a feeling I've heard something along the lines that Prodrive do deal with the customer direct)

any takers?
Old 10 February 2000, 10:36 AM
igratton
Scooby Regular

Thumbs up

You certainly can...

Go to your dealer to get the prodrive catalogue.

Rough Prices are

PPP (Exhaust, Intercooler Piping, ECU) approx £2000
Handling Pack (new dampers) approx £1400
Loads and loads of interior and exterior parts available.

The only problem I find with this stuff is that you can't break the PPP into pieces.

I'd love to buy just the ecu...but you can't. This means I would end up paying for an exhaust system that I don't need (already have the full straight-thru scoobysport system)

Ian.
Old 10 February 2000, 11:05 AM
Markus
Scooby Regular

Cheers Ian. Just what I wanted. I'll get onto my dealer.
Old 10 February 2000, 02:40 PM
GaryC
Scooby Regular

Markus - I have the prodrive performance pack on my MY99 - it is very good, definitly recommended, and is exactly the same as an RB5.

Unfortunatly the pre 99 PPPs are apparently less effective

Given a MY96 is out of warrenty, probably better to go to aftermarket tuners.
Old 10 February 2000, 03:00 PM
Steve Prockter
Scooby Regular

Marcus…..There are a few ohter things you ought to be aware of if you want to upgrade to an RB5 PPP spec.

Wheels….the Prodrive RB5 wheels are only available to RB5 owners. There are other aftermarket suppliers who do a replica or similar style wheel.

Exhaust…the Prodrive rear box is apparently no more free flowing than the standard item, and again there are other aftermarket supplies who can provide you with similar parts but with better performance and some with a lifetime guarantee. Do a search on the BBS about exhausts for the best answer, but I can recommend Scoobysport who have supplied me with numerous parts..

ECU….my personal opinion is that the Prodrive Ecu is quite well mapped for the 99 car, and there is plenty of torque available compared to the standard UK car. However the Prodrive upgrades for pre 99 cars came in for a lot of criticism as they gave bugger all performance increase. Once again there are other aftermarket suppliers who provide programmable ECUs which can be tailored to your own requirements, and provide much better performance than a Prodrive upgrade for your model year car. The one to go for is apparently the Possum Link, which needs to be installed and set up by experts. The only expert I know of is Bob Rawle (fs66@dial.pipex.com), who will be more than happy to advise you on this.

Suspension……the motoring press seem to place the RB5’s better handling down to 17 inch wheels and tyres. However the part numbers of the suspension units are different to the standard UK model, and in my opinion provide either stiffer springs or dampers or both.

Bodyshell…..the RB5 has the Sti bodyshell without split rear seats, and supposedly stiffer.

Hope that is of assistance. I drive an RB5 PPP.

Steve
Old 10 February 2000, 03:12 PM
Ian Cook
Scooby Regular

It was only the 98MY Prodrive pack that got a ribbing, the 96 one, if you can still get it was very good, as the car has the huge turbo.
Old 10 February 2000, 04:35 PM
Bajie
Scooby Regular

Boo Hoo!
So where is the crying smilie then?
Does that mean I have to stop smiling when I drive my 98MY with PPP.

Trending Topics

Old 10 February 2000, 04:50 PM
Markus
Scooby Regular

Cheers to all!

My local dealer is sending me the Prodrive catalogue.

Might not go that way as I'm also looking into a WRX, and via another thread someone has said about a servicing place well close to my home.
Old 10 February 2000, 05:36 PM
Ian Cook
Scooby Regular

Bajie, no reason to cry, if you are happy about it then thats fine, there were a lot of happy people with the 98 PPP but some that were less than happy with theirs, most were problems with the car before the pack was fitted, but some werent.