Notices
ScoobyNet General General Subaru Discussion

Traffic Wardens in Northampton - This makes me mad!

Search this Thread

Old 20 August 2001, 12:03 AM
father_jack
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Talking

Paul - ain't you seen "******" - don't mess with da Pikies........
Old 20 August 2001, 12:07 AM
DavidBrown
Scooby Regular

Pikies... I fecking hate pikies..
Old 20 August 2001, 12:08 AM
DazW
Scooby Regular

Talking

Speaking of which......
Old 20 August 2001, 12:35 AM
Dave P
Scooby Regular

Talking

Free parking and no traffic wardens and no speed cameras where I live.

Dave
Old 20 August 2001, 12:42 AM
cbr1100xx
Scooby Regular

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:<HR>Originally posted by Paul Habgood:
<B>Madness
Northamptomn Town centre now has no free parking - it has all gone over to meters.
IMHO This is a bad move and means i will vote with my feet and shop elsewhere - another tax on the motorist!

I had to go into town Saturday, i parked in Bridge Street. TWO traffic wardens patrolling a 200 meter long street!
Walked to the top of thwe road - TWO more patrolling the square at the top!

Now after a bit of research.
a local warden earns £ 12K (ish)
4 x 12K= £ 48K

a Police PC earns £ 20K(ish)

I would rather have two extra PC's patrolling the streets that four sodding traffic wardens - where is the sense in this???

Yes, you could argue that the revinue generated by the meters off-sets their pay but why do they patrol in pairs? and do i believe the revinue will be used to improve the town and Police - I do not think so.

Northampton has 8(ish) Saftey Camera vheicles (PAH!) i came across on 'hidden' just outside a village in a 50 zone, i pulled into the dealwershgip to collect my car and asked about RTA's in the village - NONE!
Drive around town near the parks, schools, etc. NOT a camera to be seen.

It seems to me that NBC has really got it in for the motorist in every way ans sees the motorist as an unlimited cash rescource to be tapped whenever and however they see fit!

Pulled into a filling station Sunday
Pulled upto the pump and got abused by a Gypo who though i had jumped the Q - he was waiting behind a car at another pump! - I advised him to keep quiet before i embarassed him infront of his missus and young child - both sat in the front without seatbelts on. On further inspection he had no tax disk, the adult and childs where unrestrained and the van was falling apart - i was tempted to call the Police to advise them but thought better of it. Whats the point? no fixed abode and all that. Waht could the Police do? The gyopos seem to have invaded a lot of parks and open spaces in Northampton, Lots of brunt out motors and $hit to be cleared up - perhaps the traffic wardens can do this as well!

This is madness
Rant over, red mist clearing

Paul

[This message has been edited by Paul Habgood (edited 20 August 2001).][/quote]

mate, this country doesnt care about more police, revenue cameras in the RIGHT places and not big long totally accident free roads. Its all about ripping you off! getting as much money out of u as possible. where i live, not one camera near a school. there all on big long empty roads hidden behind trees and signs
Old 20 August 2001, 11:24 AM
The Zohan
Scooby Regular

Madness
Northamptomn Town centre now has no free parking - it has all gone over to meters.
IMHO This is a bad move and means i will vote with my feet and shop elsewhere - another tax on the motorist!

I had to go into town Saturday, i parked in Bridge Street. TWO traffic wardens patrolling a 200 meter long street!
Walked to the top of thwe road - TWO more patrolling the square at the top!

Now after a bit of research.
a local warden earns £ 12K (ish)
4 x 12K= £ 48K

a Police PC earns £ 20K(ish)

I would rather have two extra PC's patrolling the streets that four sodding traffic wardens - where is the sense in this???

Yes, you could argue that the revinue generated by the meters off-sets their pay but why do they patrol in pairs? and do i believe the revinue will be used to improve the town and Police - I do not think so.

Northampton has 8(ish) Saftey Camera vheicles (PAH!) i came across on 'hidden' just outside a village in a 50 zone, i pulled into the dealwershgip to collect my car and asked about RTA's in the village - NONE!
Drive around town near the parks, schools, etc. NOT a camera to be seen.

It seems to me that NBC has really got it in for the motorist in every way ans sees the motorist as an unlimited cash rescource to be tapped whenever and however they see fit!

Pulled into a filling station Sunday
Pulled upto the pump and got abused by a Gypo who though i had jumped the Q - he was waiting behind a car at another pump! - I advised him to keep quiet before i embarassed him infront of his missus and young child - both sat in the front without seatbelts on. On further inspection he had no tax disk, the adult and childs where unrestrained and the van was falling apart - i was tempted to call the Police to advise them but thought better of it. Whats the point? no fixed abode and all that. Waht could the Police do? The gyopos seem to have invaded a lot of parks and open spaces in Northampton, Lots of brunt out motors and $hit to be cleared up - perhaps the traffic wardens can do this as well!

This is madness
Rant over, red mist clearing

Paul

[This message has been edited by Paul Habgood (edited 20 August 2001).]
Old 20 August 2001, 11:50 AM
mark.coleman
Scooby Regular

Paul, it is the same in Kettering. Nowhere to park, unless you want to pay. Can't remember the last time I saw a Traffic Warden, send some over to us. Actually, no don't, send us a decent road system and some tarmac, maybe the wardens can fill in the pot holes. We also have the gypo problem, it's a bloody disgrace, I bet they don't get speeding tickets, they're bloody parasites.

Trending Topics

Old 20 August 2001, 02:18 PM
RobinSherwood
Scooby Regular

Angry

Paul

"Northampton has 8(ish) Saftey Camera vheicles (PAH!) i came across on 'hidden' just outside a village in a 50 zone, i pulled into the dealwershgip to collect my car and asked about RTA's in the village - NONE!"

Where I am in Northants they changed the limit between two villages from delimited to 30 (there are no junctions and just one house with a clearly visible drive) and now keep coming along with the Safety Camera Vehicles. Also went through one village at the weekend which has one of those signs to light up telling you to slow down (presumably if you are speeding?) went off even though I was obeying the limit, hope the technology in the vans is better!

Cheers

Robin

[This message has been edited by RobinSherwood (edited 20 August 2001).]
Old 20 August 2001, 02:26 PM
DrEvil
Scooby Regular

Talking

Heres a thought.. park ON the traffic wardens, this would mean free parking
Old 20 August 2001, 02:51 PM
Scoobychick
Scooby Regular

LOL @ Alex

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:<HR>Originally posted by Dave P:
<B>Free parking and no traffic wardens and no speed cameras where I live.[/quote]

Same here....but no shops as well

Sal