Crunch advice wanted

Search this Thread

Old 03 September 2001, 01:36 PM
brooks
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question

Ok - I would like your advice on the following:
Oher half is parked in Sainsbury's car park. Woman in courtesey car (she had a car accident) bumps into our car(which is stationary). NO witnesses . Our car has a damaged wing (bent). They exchange details. She says could they keep this off the record: for us to get a quote and she we supply the cash. Should I go along with this or tell our insurers?
Old 03 September 2001, 01:40 PM
David_Wallis
Scooby Regular

Location: Leeds - It was 562.4bhp@28psi on Optimax, How much closer to 600 with race fuel and a bigger turbo?
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I personally would go along with it, just make sure you get it fixed at the best body shop around (you normally get a warranty.. with the work) Also when you come to renew they ask if you have had any accidents, even if they are not your fault...

At the end of the day only you can decide.

David
Old 03 September 2001, 02:02 PM
CELL
Scooby Regular

I agree with David, let her pay for it. You even mention an incident to your insurance company your fault or not they actually consider it a claim.

I claimed for a windscreen on my car last year, windscreen cover included in the policy of course. I phoned to check first they told me it would have no effect whatsoever on my no claims bonus etc.

The policy is up for renewal and is too much so i shop around. When i get asked if i had made any claims i tell the truth and say yes for a windscreen. Suddenly they start quoting me stupid premiums, i am sure its because i claimed for the windscreen.

Get the money up front though
Old 03 September 2001, 02:10 PM
robin lowry
Scooby Regular

Red face

Hi Dave, this has happened to me in the past.
Get a quote for the work asap from a repeatable firm. It maybe a lot more expensive than the person that hit your car imagined, and may not want to pay for it. It may be to late now but if you carry a disposable camera for evidence this would help later on. If you have details of where the courtesy car came from, give the garage a call and explain what's happened, incase they tell them it was hit and run, or it was you that drove into them. You really need to act fast in my opinion and get it sorted.