Notices
ScoobyNet General General Subaru Discussion

Thrills & Spills at Castle Coombe, Not just TRAX !

Search this Thread

Old 03 September 2001, 08:28 AM
Squizz
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Exclamation

I went to the Classic & Sportscar day at Castle Coombe on Saturday...

1. Coz Silverstone is w*nk.
2. Coz I didn't want to get down and dirty with the saxos, novas, corsas, etc...

Great weather, great mix of cars. Pity the day is being mis-used as an excuse to blast around in jap stuff rather than true classic or sportscars, but there ya go.

Having said that - The most awesome car of the day had to be a Skyline R34GTR. It would blitz around Camp Corner, then he'd Really open it up! The back would step out and it would then attain warp speed. Amazing to watch. Found it in the paddock later. He must have spent as much on the HKS gear under the bonnet as on the original car!

Gran Turismo - Think I saw the Elise, but didn't see you.

Ron - Good to see you, and even better to see you giving a good showing on track. Hope you finished the day in one piece!

Downer of the day? Watching a pristine lightweight classic 911 spin like a top at Quarry Corner and completely crease the front and passenger sides of the car. A TVR Chimeara came over Avon Crest to find the carnage and span in smypathy trying to avoid it.

"Motorsport is dangerous..."
Old 03 September 2001, 07:06 PM
GranTurismo
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I diddnt make it, coz I got back from Anglesey at 11.30pm and couldnt be arsed to get up early!

Sounded good though... I head about the Porche, quary is aqn evil corner. (Thats why we always stand there the most!)