ScoobyNet General General Subaru Discussion

P1 v EVO 7 Part 3!

Search this Thread

Old 07 September 2001, 09:33 PM
jason b
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Cool

After owning "the big red 7" for just under 2 months and covering nearly 3000 miles in all weathers it has been very good fun.
In the wet the evo is much more confidence inspiring compared to the understeering p1, the steering is sheer bliss in the evo giving you much more feedack than the p1 which feels quite boring in comparison.
As i cant take it above 5000 revs until my 4500m service power is hard to compare fully but the evo feels about the same as the p1 de-catted but torque the evo has the edge.
After taking over 30 secs off the p1 over a 6 mile bit of infamous road on my first attempt with only 5000 revs to play was stunning, although the p1 did have standard brakes but it was uphill (dry weather).
AJW i am intrested to hear what you think about your new toy!
Also there is another person in the north who has traded in a p1 for an evo7 if you are out-there i would like to hear your verdict also.
I am not trying to slag the p1 as they are fantastic cars after owning 2 in a year but the mitsubishi has taken the next step which i can not say the same for subaru as i would buy a p1 or 22b any day over the uk/uk300/sti.
Regards
J

Until you know you will never know but when you know you will know.
Old 07 September 2001, 10:02 PM
CraigH
Scooby Regular

J,

I think I know
Old 07 September 2001, 11:00 PM
scoobynutta555
Scooby Regular

Location: Markyate.Imprezas owned:-wrx-sti5typeR-p1-uk22b-modded my00. Amongst others!
Smile

I dont believe it, i actually agree with u about something! Id rather have P1 over uk.300/and uk sti (or any new shape varient)

I still dont agree with u about P1 v the evo7. Think id still have an evo 6 or P1 over the evo7, and ive spoken to evo owners that agree with me.I would like to see a proper shoot out between new and old shape evos and imprezas, ARE YOU WATCHING EVO MAG!!!!! i think that would be a compulsive read! As ive said in a previous thread, if i had got a new shape impreza id have to wear pink shirts, grow a moustache and listen to Queen!

Both new shape cars just dont look macho enough, i feel they lost their aggressive look and designers have plumped for a "new man"/Elton John type look. Its a shame really as many owners i feel will be looking further afield for the replacement of their current scooby/evo. I think though the evo does look better than the new goggle wrx

Why subaru uk call it a wrx i dont know, i used to have a proper wrx jap import that was cheaper and better specced than the 01 not to mention the extra 25 bhp.