ScoobyNet General General Subaru Discussion

My ’98 was so insignificant !

Search this Thread

Old 10 September 2001, 12:25 AM
StevieB
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Red face

I was behind a Uk300 on Saturday morning for a while, after leaving my local dealer. I’m not wishing to start the old shape/new shape argument again, but the UK300 certainly got the passers-by attention ! .....I may has well not been there. My green 98 just blended in with everyone else as pedestrians jaws hit the floor and stared at the UK300. A bloke crossing the road nearly walked into me as he couldn’t take his eyes of it but didn”t even glance at mine.

Must admit though, with the colour/wheels it certainly does look the business out on the road ! ...even if it isn’t to everyones taste.
Old 10 September 2001, 12:29 AM
DavidBrown
Scooby Regular

Green scoobs are great for that.

You'll get hardly any UNWANTED attention either. Which is a blessing.

Roundabouts + swings.
Old 10 September 2001, 12:29 AM
Puff The Magic Wagon!
Support Scoobynet!

Received 15 Likes on 9 Posts
Talking

Noticed that following Dave T-S but didn't want to tell him as his head is big enough anyway

Might have something to do with the fact that the first car is the one they see and lock onto that, not noticing the better car behind

LOL

Old 10 September 2001, 12:44 AM
Andy Winskill
Scooby Regular

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:<HR>Originally posted by DavidBrown:
<B>Green scoobs are great for that.

You'll get hardly any UNWANTED attention either. Which is a blessing.

Roundabouts + swings.[/quote]

Apart from the DGM with gold wheels and a huge BB on the A41 this morning.... I could hear it puttering away long after it'd disappeared (If it was you, what was the BB?....)

Definately got most peoples attention!

Old 10 September 2001, 01:32 PM
Pete_UK99
Scooby Regular

Talking

I was driving back from Brighton yesterday in my 300. I think there was a bike event on because a lot of bikes were on the motorway. As I went under a bridge A bloke taken photos of the bikes saw my car and took a photo. Made me smile Another incident that put a smile on my face was driving past a bus stop with a load of miserable looking people waiting for the bus. Before I passed them they were all looking in the direction of where the bus comes from. When I looked in my rear view mirror I noticed they were all looking at the car
Old 10 September 2001, 02:05 PM
orbv
Scooby Regular

Exclamation

Took my Green MY99 to France a couple of weeks ago and had to get used to people standing looking at the car when it was parked up. Of course they could have spotted the UK plates and were just about to smash the windows
Old 10 September 2001, 02:13 PM
Disco
Scooby Regular

The last time I went to the Scoobysnacks meet at the Woodman, I was tootling down the M25, 911 convertable in front and a new 911/993 something behind. A bloke undertook whilst approaching his turnoff, he and his wife were both transfixed on my car, like the Porkers were boring! Made my week!!!

John (old shape WRX)
Old 10 September 2001, 02:24 PM
DavidBrown
Scooby Regular

hehe, you guys amuse me.

When I'm driving along, I look at most things, buses, mopeds etc. sometimes my eyes will stay longer on some things more than others for no reason..

There's probably a BBS out there where some bloke in his Mondeo is relaying how some Skyline owner was gawping at his (clearly gorgeous) car.

Edited to say that I used to own a MY98 Green Metallic and loved it's anonymity and never feared about parking it anywhere.

[This message has been edited by DavidBrown (edited 10 September 2001).]