Notices
ScoobyNet General General Subaru Discussion

P1 Rolled Trax

Search this Thread

Old 02 September 2001, 06:31 PM
SCOOBERATORS
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Did anybody see the poor man that rolled is p1 .i just missed it ,i just heard it and you miss all the dust.spoke to him , he was ok just a few cuts on his hand.the good thing was he was ok and insured.what a shame.
i suppose the same can be said about the porsche+fiesta turbo.the rest of the day was ok,apart from there was to many boy racers,

how do they insure them.
Old 02 September 2001, 06:49 PM
Phil
Track Day Organiser

Unhappy

Not wanting to be goulish

But did anyone get any pics

Phil
Old 02 September 2001, 06:52 PM
ScoobySnack
Scooby Regular

Was at the event and heard the commotion...

Plantie was on the pitwall when the Porsche turbo spun into it.... Damaged all down one side...

You there Plantie..

J
Old 02 September 2001, 07:11 PM
206CC
Scooby Regular

Look Here for a couple of Pics
Old 02 September 2001, 07:51 PM
Web Guru
Scooby Regular

Red face

omg WAS THIS AN SIDC? MEMBER?

Anyone know who it was just hoping it wasn't Dave Mackey!

Glad whoever it was is ok though

Pete
Old 02 September 2001, 07:59 PM
astraboy
Scooby Regular

yeah the tax disc holder was SIDC, it were a good effort. I liked the way the roof was all caved in right where the driver's head was supposed to sit
seriously, I hope the geezer is okay, but insurance aint all that good. it only covers you to a 5k limit
astraboy.
Old 02 September 2001, 08:12 PM
ptholt
Scooby Regular

I was sitting right across from the p1 when it went off.

was sitting there eating my chips, they had just done the pace lap, and on the second time round copse i saw the P1 getting sideways, things looked ok till he started to run out of track and it took to the grass (i'd seen about 5 cars spin there earlier in the day and get away with it).

I was sitting on the grass banking on the inside of copse and by the time the car was level with me the front was pointing towards me.

it must have ploughed through the gravel for a good 20-30 feet when disaster struck and the passenger side wheels dug in and flipped the car three times sideways before landing with a heavy thud on the roof and slowly coming to rest the right way up.

The next 2-3 mins (seemed like ages!) were horrible, i had my large lens on and couldnt see much movement coming from the inside of the car.

It seemed a bit lax that only one marshall was on copse and it seemed to take him a fair old time to get to the car. In fact the paramedic car and the chap from that actually got there at about the same time.

A few anxious mins later and i could see the driver sitting and talking with them, before standing up to a large cheer from the now large copse crowd (??!!)

Hope your ok mate, next time you want to give me a version of the ballet i'd prefer it not to be in a car

Trending Topics

Old 02 September 2001, 09:20 PM
Floyd
Scooby Regular

Received 9 Likes on 5 Posts
Wink

Just seen the pics of the P1. I hope the guy has recovered OK?

The damage doesn't look too bad, I think it'll polish out!

As this looks like a re-shell job and there-for a right off, I guess the vultures will already be circling for the spares......

F
Old 02 September 2001, 09:30 PM
astraboy
Scooby Regular

What you mean the AP brakes and the pukka (If glass strewn ) interior? My mate has put in an offer...
astraboy.

[This message has been edited by astraboy (edited 02 September 2001).]
Old 02 September 2001, 09:39 PM
DominicA
Scooby Regular

Red face

Me thinks someone should delete this post or contact the owner first!
Old 02 September 2001, 09:40 PM
Dave Mackey
Scooby Regular

Pete

You have mail M8

Dave
Old 02 September 2001, 09:46 PM
salsa-king
Scooby Senior

Received 42 Likes on 26 Posts
WHY? Dominic
so ppl don't come on and say that he drove like a big PR*T! undertaking and going toooo fast intoi a corner he wasn't going to get round! ooh b4 i forget! it aws on the 1st lap after the Puma pace car had gone in!
bet the ppl went and shock his hand to thank him for cutting short the 20min session! as some only get the pace car lap in!!!!!!!!

yes it very unlucky for him, but.............it could have been some one driving safley beeing taken out with him!

Phil
Old 02 September 2001, 09:47 PM
babber
Scooby Regular

Angry

Hang on a minute, so was the Porsche driver a SIDC member. I'm really pissed off a I've just been reading a thread with Stef gobbing off about SIDC memebership in-order to do a track day.

I also remember reading about SIDC memebership ensures that your a Impreza fan, and Imprezas get on the track...... Whats that all about ??

I'm not being forced to join a club, that I might not want to join to get on a track day. I drive an Impreza cause I love them and hence the reason for doing a track day. I've even bought a spare set of wheel to do this, and been told "No your not a member you ain't coming in" Spare wheels are collecting dust.

What was the Porsche driver one of Stefs mates ? Or a well paid up Stef supporter ??

I'm ****ing savage about this......

Regards Phill C
Old 02 September 2001, 09:48 PM
salsa-king
Scooby Senior

wait! porsche driver came off in the session after the P1 drive lost it!

anyway! you can/could have gone on track! you would have been in a group that would have had a mix of cars in it! so theres no question of you not being allowed out! its just ( i think) that Stef had allocation 4 the SIDC!!!!!

[This message has been edited by salsa-king (edited 02 September 2001).]

re done 4 spellin lol

Old 02 September 2001, 09:57 PM
Robertio
Scooby Regular

Lightbulb

Phill C,

I wasn't there, but I assume the Porshe was there as it was Trax, not a SIDC track day, hence SIDC membership had no bearing on who was on track.

I'm prepared to be corrected though.
Old 02 September 2001, 09:59 PM
salsa-king
Scooby Senior

i over heard some one say that the Porsche driver had just bought the car that day for £48k!!!!
and the Tax had ran out last month on it too (Aug)

Phil
Old 02 September 2001, 10:04 PM
Robertio
Scooby Regular

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:<HR>Originally posted by salsa-king:
<B>i over heard some one say that the Porsche driver had just bought the car that day for £48k!!!!
and the Tax had ran out last month on it too (Aug)

Phil[/quote]

Ouch.. that's one expensive day

Who in their right mind would take a car on track on their first day of ownership?
Old 02 September 2001, 10:06 PM
babber
Scooby Regular

Angry

Whoops deleted cause I double posted.

[This message has been edited by babber (edited 02 September 2001).]
Old 02 September 2001, 10:10 PM
babber
Scooby Regular

Angry

All,
Old 02 September 2001, 10:18 PM
salsa-king
Scooby Senior

Babber
stop moaning, put ya hand in ya pocket 4 £20 and be a SIDC member!!!!!! lol then theres no problem is there!!!!
there may be some 'klix' in the club, but on a whole ppl are friendly, willin to help each other out etc! and at the end of the day we are united cus we share a comman interest! CARS! Impreza! + we like watching other makes go round the track as well!!

there a good group of ppl who are in the East Midlands Area-Meets! we all get on well and hav a laff! not had any problem with them

don't knock it till you've tried it!

Phil
Old 02 September 2001, 10:22 PM
Neil Smalley
Scooby Senior

Question

I'm now. I *think* Stef meant that he was controlling access of SIDC members. Other car clubs would be responsible for their own cars access.

Therefore the porsche could only gain access to the session by showing the porsche club(for example) a valid session ticket. The SIDC had no authority over who and what went when. It only block booked a few sessions and other car clubs/private members would also book sessions to be on the track at the same time.

As I said I *think* this is how it worked, why not mail Stef and ask him. Post the question on the SIDC BBS
Old 02 September 2001, 10:27 PM
babber
Scooby Regular

salsa-king,

Why should I stop moaning, I'm really annoyed by the whole thing. I go through the drama of sorting the car, spare wheels, loads of other stuff for it. Got my CC in my hand to book a track day and get told I can't I'm not a SIDC member.

I know there are a loads of friendly helpful people out there willing to help. I've posted on here and had a response in minutes. I'm not talking about Scoobynet, but the REQUIREMENT to be a SIDC member.

Regard Phill C

Edited cause I have my blackthorn goggles on!!!!

[This message has been edited by babber (edited 02 September 2001).]
Old 02 September 2001, 10:29 PM
Disco
Scooby Regular

Phil (Babber)

I dont think anyone has quite explained it clearly. Stef booked a number of sessions for SIDC members. If you are not a SIDC member then unfortunately you cannot take part within those sessions. However, also on the day were many other sessions, some also booked by other clubs (GTI Clubs etc) and a few open sessions for any marque. It was presumably within one of these sessions that the Porsche stacked it. Hope this helps, you're not being cheated.

Edited to add....However someone could have told you in advance that you may have been able to enter a non SIDC/open session.

[This message has been edited by Disco (edited 02 September 2001).]
Old 02 September 2001, 10:33 PM
davyboy
Scooby Regular

Now I think I am right here, but when I got my helicopter tickets, a session had just been stopped for whatever reason (first lap I think), and trax were booking people in to ANY sessions with spaces available on a first come first served basis. I disticly remeber her saying there were places available in the subaru time slot.
Old 02 September 2001, 10:37 PM
babber
Scooby Regular

Disco,

I understand that, but I'm annoyed. I've just wanted to drive on the track with you boys for bloody months, and find that I can't cause I'm not a SIDC member!!!

I could have drove at Castle Combe a few months ago with all the Cossies and they didn't insist that I was a RSoC member.

Regards Phill C

PS hope you cars been faster since the ECU reset, mine has been flying today. Really flying!!!
Old 02 September 2001, 10:42 PM
M_D_B
Scooby Regular

Babber,
the Porsche driver was in a 200+ club session, he had nothing to do with Stef. Stef organised the track time for SIDC members because that's his role within the SIDC. If you want to do a track day, do one, just don't throw your toys out of the pram when you can't do an SIDC one without joining.Martin.
Old 02 September 2001, 10:44 PM
babber
Scooby Regular

davyboy,

Interesting mate.

A SIDC official lives a couple of streets away from me and has got a P1. Maybe I should talk to him about all this bollocks ? Over a pint maybe

Cheers Phill C

Old 02 September 2001, 10:47 PM
Disco
Scooby Regular

Phil
I see what you mean, it would be more enjoyable driving round with fellow scoobs than XR2's etc, but I'm sure you'll understand that if the SIDC/Stef go to the trouble of booking sessions they have to give first call on the places to SIDC members, that is afterall the point in there being a club. I'm a member but missed out!

-Performance difference since ECU reset and dumpvalve removal is just........WOW! Think I need quick shift next, as I spent more time between gears than in them!!! (Mines a jap!)
Old 02 September 2001, 10:52 PM
Tim Taylor
Scooby Regular

The whole meaning of TRAX is car clubs! In order to go out with the car club you need to be a member of said car club driving that make/model car. It is not a normal track day, it's 15 minutes of fun (apart for the P1, 911 and feista - glad no one was hurt) If anyone wants to go 'on-track' then go to an arranged track day running open pits, slicks, etc. Don't sit there slating off people who have worked hard to arrange a very good day.

Tim

SIDC member for 2 years and will be renewing this year - it's only £20!
Old 02 September 2001, 10:53 PM
Web Guru
Scooby Regular

Question

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:<HR>Originally posted by babber:
Why should I stop moaning, I'm really annoyed by the whole thing. I go through the drama of sorting the car, spare wheels, loads of other stuff for it. Got my CC in my hand to book a track day and get told I can't I'm not a SIDC member.
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Babber what are you going on about there are plenty of track days around that are not SIDC go to one of them if you such a problem with it. End of the day if you are not a member of a club how do you expect to go to a club track day which is for members!!!

Also SIDC is not just about trackdays is plenty of other stuff like magazine, discounts etc chill already!!

Pete

Quick Reply: P1 Rolled Trax