Notices
ScoobyNet General General Subaru Discussion

Dont like the new Sti.

Search this Thread

Old 24 October 2002, 09:56 PM
Chip
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
So it at the motor show today. Was a a bit concerned I might like it more than my current UK Sti. Was not disapointed.

Bonnet scoop looks like something from the flinstones with its curved over front lip. Lights look worse IMHO than on current car which have really grown on me since having them. Rear lights OK but no great improvement.

Good points are better steering wheel.Radio.

Front end seemed quite different as did the new shape of the bonnet. All of which I thought were no improvement on the current Sti.

I'll keep what Ive got.

Cheers

Chip.

[Edited by Chip - 10/24/2002 9:57:48 PM]
Old 24 October 2002, 10:08 PM
turbo wrx
Scooby Regular

I haven't seen the car in the flesh yet, but I would tend to agree with you on the size of that scoop. I suppose you could attach it to the front bumper during the winter months and use it as a snow plough. I'm sure that an after market version could be used if it annoyed any new owners that much. I think the headlights are an improvement IMHO over the bug eyes, although I think the Morrettes on the MY01 look better. Then again I would say that as thats what I have on my MY01.

[Edited by turbo wrx - 10/24/2002 10:10:03 PM]
Old 25 October 2002, 12:14 AM
JackClark
Scooby Senior

Received 51 Likes on 34 Posts
We should start a 'Bring back the Bugeye' campaign, to confuse the **** out of IM.

Someone on here must be able to knock up a banner, I'll sponsor it. Christ I sponsored someone a fiver just to get their hair cut today!
Old 25 October 2002, 09:30 AM
Brendan Hughes
Scooby Regular

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts
Serious question as I don't have access to scoobs around here - surely you can swap the scoop quite easily for a smaller one? Can't be that difficult to remove, Nova drivers do it all the time (sorry)

If not the scoop, then (for a price) the bonnet can be replaced.

Still pleased the fugly headlights have gone, it was the "I've just sat on a bag of frozen peas" that you couldn't get rid of, could only disguise with morettes or STI lights.

BJH
Old 25 October 2002, 10:19 AM
TonyBurns
Scooby Regular

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Wink

The scoob no doubt has been designed to put more air onto the intercooler so like it or not its actually going to be better for the car it also means that it will probably be better at higher speeds than other scoobs due to airflow yet again

Tony
Old 25 October 2002, 10:36 AM
chrisp
Scooby Regular

I went with 6 mate yesterday and without any prompting at all crusied onto the subaru stand all of them agreed it was much better than the bug eye but were dubious about the scoop. They preferred the weird scoop to the old lights though. I think the girls on the stand go a little worried when I asked them to open the MY03 STI bonnet so we could have a look. They did no problem and there was only me and one mate there, had a good look round and turned round and there were about 20 people behind me LOL, wanting to look at the engine. I was tryign to find out what turbo it was runnign but the lighting wasnt good enough looked pretty small though.

[Edited by chrisp - 10/25/2002 10:37:01 AM]
Old 25 October 2002, 10:44 AM
Baby Blue
Scooby Regular

Wink

Hell – I’ll sponsor the “Bring back the Bug-Eye” banner as well.

Perhaps it will help the re-sale value of mine!!!!

BB