ScoobyNet General General Subaru Discussion

things that make you go boom

Search this Thread

Old 25 October 2002, 03:01 AM
matt b.
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Unhappy

ive just fitted a dawes boost device to my 94 wrx and am wondering if something is going wrong, as not only is it not making much of a difference (i was told that they make a huge difference on the '94) but its also causing a few niggles. after installation i slowly adjusted it one turn at a time to increase the boost, and am now reaching fractionally over 1 bar, but it really doesnt feel that it is picking up that much quicker or providing a great deal more boost ( i know i havent increased it by much yet, but i was told it would come in quicker too). i am told i should be aiming for 1.1 bar, but at this point (1 bar) my boost gauge is starting to worry me....as peak boost is reached the needle rapidly flips up and down and the car feels as if it is stuttering, albeit very slightly. i have only put it on today and only done one run so far at the higher setting, cos i really dont want to blow up. sound familiar to anyone? also, should i stretch the spring so that i have a bit more adjustment on the DD? or should i just take it off and throw it away? havent reached fuel cut out yet either, cos, well i reached underpant cut out first. if it helps (and it probably does) i have a 4" straight through exhaust from the cat back (intermediate boxes and resonators removed, it was on there when it came in to blighty) and am running a pipercross induction kit. ive read somewhere about boost spiking with a decatted or partially decatted system... do you reckon thats what it is? please forgive me if this message has appeared twice, god help me im not the sharpest tool in the box. i didnt start out this way o'course, its just that ive lived in norfolk so long you kind of absorb stoopidness. not to mention the incest. but thats a different thread altogether.
Old 25 October 2002, 07:36 AM
NM
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Give John Banks a shout

johnbanks@dsl.pipex.com

He is the Dawes Guru round these parts, you will find him around the Drivetrain section most days stick a thread in there requesting his advice.

Cheers

Neal
Old 25 October 2002, 12:24 PM
matt b.
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thanks Neal. Its much appreciated.

Matt.