Notices
ScoobyNet General General Subaru Discussion

My post "speeding Ticket, I don't believe it"

Search this Thread

Old 20 September 2001, 08:48 AM
mark.coleman
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Well, had a letter back from the police stating that on this occasion they will waiver the three points as long as I attend a "Speed Workshop", but fine will still stand, which I have accepted.

Some of you said go to court and fight it, others mentioned taking it on the chin, but the letter certainly had some impact and I don't want to push my luck, but thanks for the responses.

Has anyone been on one of these workshops, I'm certainly not turning up in the scoob, the Micra will probably arouse more attention with it's alloy wheels ;-}. I'll fill you in after I've been.

MC
Old 20 September 2001, 09:02 AM
davyboy
Scooby Regular

I have been on this!! Oh what a fun 3 hours you will have.

One word of advise, forget your license, say you will go home and get it. That way the DVLA will not be told you have attended, and you will be able to attend again instead of getting points.

You sit in a class room and talk about why you speed, speed cameras and other stuff. Some of it is quite interesting, ad they will show you where accidents in Northampton happen, and hence why they put cameras there.

The only reason to worry about what car you go in is that someone had there broken into!!

mail me if you want more info.

BTW which camera got ya?? The one near Groses and Netto got me.

[This message has been edited by davyboy (edited 20 September 2001).]
Old 20 September 2001, 09:15 AM
Lunchie
Scooby Regular

They have these in the US - "Defensive Driving" they call it. The silly thing is you have the choice of going on one or going to the court, but the cost is about the same in both instances - and here's the thing, you tell your insurance company you've been on one and your premium goes down!

Lunchie
Old 20 September 2001, 10:05 AM
mark.coleman
Scooby Regular

davyboy, I have to put my license number on the paperwork i've sent back, so I would presume they will pick it up from a database.
It was on the road to Spratton from the A14, I tell you something though, they are going to get my opinions on the matter, I dare them to quote 30 year old figures.

Lunchie, I'm straight on the phone to the insurers, once I've been.

MC