Notices
ScoobyNet General General Subaru Discussion

Effing Unbelievable

Search this Thread

Old 02 November 2002, 02:35 AM
Deep Blue Mica
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I'm really steamed-up about a work colleague who damaged my car accidentally on private ground at work......can't sleep for anger!
Scoob was parked when this to$$er reversed, scratching the front bumper. I presented him with two quotes for repairing the damage (Chips Away were the cheapest at £105), to which he replied:"How much would you like me to pay?"
The bottom line is that he is refusing to pay or to give me his insurance details.....police won't get involved unless an allegation of malicious damage is made, so he will now be pursued by my insurance company.........

Unbelievable, eh.............????????/

DBM
Old 02 November 2002, 05:49 AM
Sue Sidal
Scooby Regular

IF you are that wound up about it and want the final say, Speak to your local County court and issue proceedings to recover the money. It's not expensive but you will have to fill in some forms. In the meantime collate evidence, take photo's of your car, his car, the damage to both cars, the location of the incident and ask anyone who saw what happened or overheard any conversastiins between you and the other party if they will act as a witness. Usually when people are presented with a County Court summons and they know they're out of order, they fold and will settle. There is another alternative that I'm sure you've already considered.......
Old 02 November 2002, 10:23 AM
GuyM
Scooby Regular

Angry

..... yes, big baseball bat meets his windscreen. If you dont want to be nasty you could always tie him up, put him in a black bag and throw him off a cliff or something, maybe, want a hand?

Know how you feel, same happened to me, it makes your blood boil!
Old 02 November 2002, 10:32 AM
Eldar
Scooby Regular

The small claims procedure is best. Issue a claim for the repair (more expensive quote), plus a days hire car and an extra 50quid for inconvenience. Do it online and he will have the summons on his doorstep in a couple of days. Then he will realise you aren't pi55ing around...

http://www.courtservice.gov.uk/

Colin.
Old 02 November 2002, 10:32 AM
Brun
Scooby Senior

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
What a ****.
Old 02 November 2002, 10:34 AM
Scoobybits
Scooby Regular

if he is unwilling to pay,extract revenge on the quiet,hows about just cracking the sump plug off on HIS car,just a tweak enough for it drop off on the way home!!then smile knowing he has to be without his car for a while???people should have more respect and when things like this happen should pay up no question,i had a similar thing last year with contractors working outside my house they gave me the run around for weeks before paying up,the best of it was the quote i had was saving them time,money,no claims etc yet he made me feel guilty!!! hope you get it sorted....jase
Old 02 November 2002, 12:32 PM
Deep Blue Mica
Scooby Regular

Thanks for the comments and the excellent advice guys....I'll keep you informed!

Cheers

DBM

Trending Topics

Old 02 November 2002, 06:43 PM
korky
Scooby Regular

Why not report him to the management? The threat of disciplinary action may persuade him to cough up!

Korky
Old 02 November 2002, 06:59 PM
Scooby555 2
Scooby Regular

Hey you need to talk to astraboy .... He always has the answer to these sort of scenarios
Old 02 November 2002, 07:40 PM
ash1
Scooby Regular

Was there any CCTV in the car park ?

There seems to be a lot of this **** going on, someone at work had a V mark etched on the boot of her Merc.

Car parks are not as safe as people think...
Old 02 November 2002, 09:44 PM
Pauleds
Scooby Regular

Exclamation

You must make a complaint to the local police of criminal damage as this is not a road traffic accident as defined by the Road Traffic Act.
The definition of criminal damage is as follows.
"a person damages or destroys any property belonging to another,intending to damage or destroy such property OR being RECKLESS as to wether such property is damaged or destroyed"
Make a complaint of damage,they will get hold of the person responsible and if he doesn't want to be charged with the offence he will probably cough up.
Paul.
Old 03 November 2002, 02:17 PM
Deep Blue Mica
Scooby Regular

Pauleds...

Thanks for this.....I was not aware of the reckless bit...now I'm off to see the Old Bill

I'll let you know the outcome!

Cheers

DBM
Old 03 November 2002, 02:52 PM
stevebt
Scooby Regular

Received 33 Likes on 19 Posts
this is why you have legal protection on your insurance notify your insurance company and theyll sort it out speaking from experiance the police will do bollocks all
Old 03 November 2002, 04:08 PM
AllanB
Scooby Regular

If this was at work I'd also speak to your HR department. I had the same thing when someone who should not have been in our work car park but worked for us hit my ex's car. He was asked to pay the costs and got a warning for being in the car park in the first place.

Alaln
Old 03 November 2002, 07:27 PM
MGJohn
Scooby Regular

Had the same thing happen to me in the firm's car park. However, not everyone we share this little planet with are sh!thouses .... just some. My colleague enquired from HR and located my details, contacted me, owned up and settled without any problem ... the way it should be .... and I made a few bob out of it ... as you do sometimes ...

Pursue that individual legally as suggested above and let us all know the outcome. That way we can all learn and be ready next time it happens to us. Initial reaction involving sump plugs, baseball bats perfectly understandable but, dont go there. It will not make you feel better for very long as you do not have control of the final outcome ... which could be very serious for them and YOU ...

FACT: Self-appointed Vigilantees going off half-cocked (oooh Matron!) sometimes get the wrong guy or gal ... often innocent bystanders. Him/Her up there does not always pay full attention when doing the "vengence is mine" thing ....
Old 03 November 2002, 11:26 PM
Deep Blue Mica
Scooby Regular

Up-Date.....

The Police were very interested in what had happened and they have accepted my allegation of criminal damage.....they will now approach the to$$er at our place of work to interview him, as will my insurance company (Green Light by the way.....really up for the fight.....magic!)

The gloves are now off......stand by!

Thanks

DBM
Old 03 November 2002, 11:50 PM
SRRAE
Scooby Newbie

Angry

Simalar happened to some one in my work. But this was a whole door that was smashed in. The person who did it denied doing it to the owner of the car he hit's face on a number of occations. It was caught on the CCTV and when shown it he said, "Oh that, that happened last night." when the date and time was on the screen and showed it was about 4 days ago.

Old 04 November 2002, 12:26 AM
T5NYW
Scooby Regular

Location: MY99UK-MY02STi-MY99Type R-MY06 T20-MY11 340R-MY05 TYPE25
Received 22 Likes on 19 Posts
Thumbs down

I had My very first MY99 Scoob
I came across a bloke at the back of a car,sideways across junction, he was on a mobile, I thought he was broke down. I gingerly went passed him, he lent back catch his rucksack on my car he then swung around and thumped my rear wing in I stopped he then with toetectors kicked the passenger door in
This old guy got out of the parked car and said he did the same to him My 21yr Old son said kill him Dad as he started to bugger off. Being mindfull of road rage I didn't I reported him to the Police.
Even with the £1200 quote They were un-interested, "Your insured aren't you". Then wanting his name, address, Nat ins No, Mothers Maiden name Etc So I waited for him next day, Mobile and incident No. at the ready asked him for name etc.He threatened to "kick me in". I am now on to Police who say there on the way he took of his rucksack saying he'll murder me he took of his coat and giving coppers running commentry they tell me to give him my phone. He picks up his stuff and goes into his works 5 mins later coppers arrive and arrested him

So guess what happened ?????????

**** all

The Police line was why didn't you give him a Kicking but "Your insured aren't you"

What I want to know is if a Policecar came up to me in the street can I ask him "is it insured" and as long as he says yes I can kick the cr4p out of it and not get prossecuted

Tony

When Mr Plod what's my help he can get Fecked, Total W*nkers

Old 04 November 2002, 04:36 AM
TheScooby
Scooby Regular

"How much would you like me to pay?"

Hmmmmm ALL OF IT!!

What an idiot.

TheScooby