ScoobyNet General General Subaru Discussion

Rear wiper

Search this Thread

Old 03 November 2002, 07:55 PM
GUNNER
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angry

Is it possible to have a rear wiper fitted to a 4 door impreza,I find not having one a pain in the ***. These car's seem to have poor demisting problem's as it is,without not being able to see
out of the back window when it's pi**ing down!!!!

MIKE.....
Old 03 November 2002, 08:16 PM
Dave T-S
Scooby Regular

Received 4 Likes on 1 Post
Exclamation

1) Yes, but you will need the rear screen, wiper, loom from an import/P1/22b etc. Not an easy job.

2) When it is raining/damp, to prevent the interior misting up either drive with the drivers side window cracked open 20mm, or use the aircon.
Old 03 November 2002, 09:12 PM
GUNNER
Scooby Regular

Dave T-S

Tried the passenger window bit, but the wife was'nt to impresed getting earache "n" soaking wet on er ev'nin out,I arrive look'in dead smart she look's like she's come on the back of a motorbike!!!

There must be a simpler way than a complete wiring loom,the main problem I see is drilling a hole in the glass.
Old 03 November 2002, 09:43 PM
RON
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Mike,
If Deano (the spayer) comes to the meet tomorrow night. have a word with him, last I heard, he had a complete kit to do this, even with a new rear window!!!
Old 03 November 2002, 10:27 PM
scooby_si
Scooby Regular

Wink

i recall writing to SIDC when i 1st got my car & hadn't found this site & basic reply was as per above with replacing it all wood cost around a grand so fek that i find a bit of rain X or similar does pretty good at getting the rain off the window at any speed & fogging up is best got rid with Air con but a bit of fog X or stuff from halfords of similar nature again aliviates such problems sumwot
Si
Old 04 November 2002, 08:16 AM
STi-Frenchie
Scooby Regular

Second the Rain-X treatment for the outside and will try Fog-X if I can find it here. Got a real shock on Saturday when it was really chucking it down and I drove into a heated underground car park - those windows misted up REALLY quickly. On the way out I found the best way to get the front de-misted at least, was to blast cold air at it. Could be dangerous the way it mists up so quickly !
Old 04 November 2002, 08:27 AM
RoShamBo
Scooby Regular

I suppose if the rear window were to suffer a stone chip or similar that required it to be replaced you could get your insurance company to replace it with exactly the same unit - ie one WITH a rear wash wipe.........I guess.

Ro.