Notices
ScoobyNet General General Subaru Discussion

Is there no sparks out there? (19,000) members!

Search this Thread

Old 04 November 2002, 09:07 AM
Active
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question

Don`t we have an auto electrician in our midst that could offer me some advice?. I posted a thread, now moved to general technical to try and find a live feed when the ignition switch is in the run position only. I have some replies but none that answers the question. Can anyone help? (Thread is MY02 electrical take off) in gen tech..help I`m getting desperate.
Bob
Old 04 November 2002, 10:26 AM
tinvek
Scooby Regular

no specific idea but generally there are two ways of doing this

1, think of something that only works with ignition in run position and then tap into its live feed

2, take column shroud off and use multimeter to find the run wire off ignition switch and then tap into that

if using 1 then be prepared for fuses to blow and up rate them plus you may get side effects due to earthing etc. if using 2 then make sure you fit a fuse.

best solution is to find a feed to as it goes into the fuse box and then tap in there and fit a fuse holder next to the fusebox
Old 04 November 2002, 10:52 AM
Wurzel
Scooby Senior

Received 73 Likes on 54 Posts
Cool

9 times out of 10 it will be the yellow wire that comes from the ignition switch but the best way to connect to it is to come of the back of the stereo and use the remote which is nearly always yellow, as the red is perm live and the black or brown is negative.
Old 04 November 2002, 11:21 AM
Adam M
Scooby Regular

look in drivetrain.

there are at least two electricians talking about earthing mods on imprezas right now.