Notices
ScoobyNet General General Subaru Discussion

Saturday night chuckle

Search this Thread

Old 11 April 2002, 12:15 PM
ice man
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Funny thing was my good lady was just sitting in the car shaking her head and say Scott you are very sad

[Edited by ice man - 11/4/2002 12:16:03 PM]
Old 04 November 2002, 11:05 AM
ice man
Scooby Regular

Saturday was taking my missus and my little boy to a fireworks display. On the way I decided to pop to Mc D's to grab a byte to eat as I had been at work all day and hadn't really eaten.
Got the drive through window and a young lad stuck his head out, I was expecting him to say "can I take your order" but no his first words are "fecking wicked car mate I want one of those"
He then decided to talk to me about the scoob rather than take me order, wouldn't mind but it was ranning and I was getting wet
Appararetly he is starting his new job soon and is saving up for an Impreza cos he wants a car that is faster than his mates Metro, mmm, better spend out on mods if he wants to beat a beast like that
He was a nice kid who was very interested in the car but he did worry me when he was mentioning that he smashed up his last car cos the power kicked in and he spun it (Fiesta 1.1)lol
I did eventional get my meal after about 5 minutes and a huge amount of traffic behind us all waiting to place their orders oopps
Old 04 November 2002, 11:49 AM
RoShamBo
Scooby Regular

Great.
Old 04 November 2002, 11:55 AM
m18use
Scooby Regular

Last week i had a couple of kids knock on my door
and ask if they could look at my scooby,i said fine
and two days later noticed some little s%%t had knicked
my valve caps,i have now bought locking ones(how sad)
Old 04 November 2002, 12:02 PM
stephen30
Scooby Regular

Similar thing happned to me. Parked up filling the car with fuel (again) and a little kid comes running over and asks if he can have a look at the car. He says imprezas are his favourite car. Reminds me why I bought it, I was once one of those litle kids.

Steve
Old 04 November 2002, 12:10 PM
alcazar
Scooby Regular

Received 27 Likes on 25 Posts
Red face

You lot should take your Scoobs into France. You get this all the time, from adults as well! People have even asked me if they can photograph mine, and it's only a '98 Uk car with larger spoiler!
Alcazar
Old 04 November 2002, 12:13 PM
+Doc+
Scooby Senior

Received 9 Likes on 3 Posts
You lot should take your Scoobs into France. You get this all the time, from adults as well! People have even asked me if they can photograph mine, and it's only a '98 Uk car with larger spoiler!
Alcazar

Is there any particular reason for this?? Can the French not get them as easily?
I know the French have strict laws on engine modifications.
Doc

Trending Topics

Old 04 November 2002, 12:29 PM
Wurzel
Scooby Senior

Received 73 Likes on 54 Posts
Cool

I had 2 italian kids stop me outside my house in germany and ask me if they could take pics of mine, they must have taken pics from every angle. MY00 GT.
Old 04 November 2002, 12:37 PM
alcazar
Scooby Regular

Received 27 Likes on 25 Posts
Question

Dunno what it is about the French. The cars are very rare over there compared with the UK. Your AVERAGE French bloke seems to be more car oriented than your AVERAGE Brit, though. And I suppose they look at the car, and think anyone driving that has to be a fellow enthusiast, so they come over and talk. We Brits tend to be a bit more reserved, don't we?
The downside is that almost EVERY driver over there believes his car can show you a thing or two on the road, and that rises to 99% of the people carrier drivers!
I've also had coachloads of French, and German kids taking photo's of the Scoob out of their coach windows on the M25 near Heathrow, (nose to tail traffic). That got a bit embarrassing, as they were making such a fuss that other road users noticed me too, and I couldn't get away from them. My 13 year old loved it though!
Alcazar