Notices
ScoobyNet General General Subaru Discussion

fake impreza scoops on "maxed" cars

Search this Thread

Old 10 September 2001, 03:00 PM
scoobynutta555
Scooby Regular

Location: Markyate.Imprezas owned:-wrx-sti5typeR-p1-uk22b-modded my00. Amongst others!
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angry

Is it just me shaking my head in derision to the drivers of novas and corsas etc who think its cool to stick an impreza scoop on their bonnet?

The scoop is normally complimented by one or all of the following:

single wiper conversion (really hate that!)
stick on bonnet vents
"peco" type back box
tasteless bodykit "extras"
max power sticker
cheap and very large wheels
black tape with 2 circles cut into them over the headlights

And the passengers of course!

baseball cap over drivers gel dripping hair
about 3 earrings dangling from ears (more for females!)
Fat girl with a peroxide bad perm (wet look as well) in passengers seat

Have i missed anything!

Thought id bring this thread to the attention to all the wally nova crew that this SUBARU bbs attracts now.

[This message has been edited by scoobynutta555 (edited 04 October 2001).]
Old 10 September 2001, 03:06 PM
Richidoo
Scooby Newbie

LOL

Most of the ones I've seen seem to have at least 3 different shades of paint on them and at least one panel hand painted in primer !

Richidoo
Old 10 September 2001, 03:11 PM
STi wanna Subaru
Scooby Regular

Red face

I've seen an old shape brown Audi 100 with one on.

Why?
Old 10 September 2001, 03:17 PM
Tiggs
Scooby Regular

scoobynutta,

you have a lot of anti car thoughts inside you, you need to try yoga or something.

you dont like the new MY01, a brand new design owned by people with sufficent money to buy a nice car....

and

you dont like tarted up novas, an old car owned by kids with only enough money to do what little they can to emulate the cars they would like to have.

anything you do like? or should we all drive a P1

Tiggs

by the way, i wouldn't have a P1 as it looks to much like a max power job that might be owned by someone with a love of baseball caps and gel.
Old 10 September 2001, 03:25 PM
stevencotton
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I'll just hope it doesn't become too common and the kids don't source these stick-on mods from someones Impreza, recent spate of spoiler theft in mind.

Steve.

[This message has been edited by stevencotton (edited 10 September 2001).]
Old 10 September 2001, 03:30 PM
harj
Scooby Regular

Ive had some people comment to me when I have my baseball cap on backwards when driving the 22B, young lads see another in a nice car and they say "That car is PHAT Man" dunno what it means but I like some of these Nova's that are maxed.

Saw some lovely examples at Trax, an absolute fortune spent on them. Wouldn't buy one though, but hey each to their own.

When Cossies were big everyone wanted Wale Tails and Bonnet Vents, now its the Scooby Scoop. A few years it will be something else.

Old 10 September 2001, 03:31 PM
RAver
Scooby Regular

Wink

OK I'm being a scooby snob BUT..
You should clock some of the "tasty" upgrades in the D*mon Tw**ks catalogue

1 Spray on steering wheel and dash coloring!!
2 Printed discs to give the (false) impression of really having disc brakes(!!!)

"Clear" ignition leads (some folk reckon you can "see" the sparks..) Maybe -after 12 pints of diamond white/tennants blue -eh?
Any more gems???
Arf arf..
Old 10 September 2001, 03:38 PM
Disco
Scooby Regular

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:<HR>Originally posted by harj:
<B> A few years it will be something else.

[/quote]

Bug-Eyes perhaps????

Old 10 September 2001, 04:53 PM
JayDee
Scooby Regular

Imitation is the sincerest form of flattery

JD
Old 10 September 2001, 05:01 PM
Markus
Scooby Regular

I've seen a few cars with fake scoops. Demon Tweeks actually sell a scoop which is slightly smaller than our one, and advertised as 'to fit small car bonnets'

As long as they don't nick any of my scoops then leave em to it.
Old 10 September 2001, 05:04 PM
Scoobychick
Scooby Regular

Talking

Halfords sell 'em - big ones and little ones

Honest they do
Old 10 September 2001, 05:08 PM
adyhicut
Scooby Senior

Wink

Well its not just bonnet scoops that they are using.

There is an old Toyota corolla near me driving around with a 97 style scooby front bumper complete with spots!!!!!

Must take a pic and post it.

Ady
Old 10 September 2001, 05:15 PM
Mike Tuckwood
Scooby Regular

Talking

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:<HR>Originally posted by harj:
<B>Ive had some people comment to me when I have my baseball cap on backwards when driving the 22B, young lads see another in a nice car and they say "That car is PHAT Man" dunno what it means but I like some of these Nova's that are maxed.</B>
I salute your interpretation of the spelling as PHAT, As I suspect it may have been the other spelling option?????
[/B]<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Mike.

PS
I saw a Sabb 9000 the other day in Nottingham with an STi5 Spoiler on it.
Old 10 September 2001, 05:22 PM
scoobynutta555
Scooby Regular

Location: Markyate.Imprezas owned:-wrx-sti5typeR-p1-uk22b-modded my00. Amongst others!
Wink

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:<HR>Originally posted by Tiggs:
<B>scoobynutta,

you have a lot of anti car thoughts inside you, you need to try yoga or something.

you dont like the new MY01, a brand new design owned by people with sufficent money to buy a nice car....

and

you dont like tarted up novas, an old car owned by kids with only enough money to do what little they can to emulate the cars they would like to have.

anything you do like? or should we all drive a P1

Tiggs

by the way, i wouldn't have a P1 as it looks to much like a max power job that might be owned by someone with a love of baseball caps and gel. [/quote]

Well as i have said b4, if I had bought a my01 instead of a P1 i would have to wear pink shirts, grow a moustache and listen to Queen. Make of that what u will!

One main reason i hate boy racers with impreza copy parts is that some low life scum ripped off my front and rear sti spoilers on my first impreza. More likely then not, said parts ended up on some old wreck with bad paint.

I used to be young once!! I even had a Fiesta turbo for Gods sake! However with "what little money i had" i didnt raid the tacky parts bin of every downmarket **** and **** 'car' mag i could find and sellotape crap onto my car. All money went on full on power and handling mods.

ps. thought of another, headlight eyebrows!!
Old 10 September 2001, 07:37 PM
FASTER MIKE!!
Scooby Regular

missed the best one ....BADBOY bonnet. what a load of sh**e
Old 10 September 2001, 08:01 PM
ptholt
Scooby Regular

Hmmm nothing like a bit of elitism to show how snobby we are is there, yet when another car site (like evo corner last week) call us things we get all defensive or have a go back.

At the end of the day people enjoy there cars whatever it is, and people like buying bits for them, so lets treat others as we ourselves would like to be treated rather than joining the majority slagging each other off.

as for some of the mods you mentioned :-

stick on bonnet vents - hmm quite a few people altering the bonnet vents on there scoobs.

"peco" type back box - scoobysport back box for a smaller/cheaper car?

tasteless bodykit "extras" - how many bodykits/spoiler types do we all sport?

max power sticker - I'd rather see that on a car than some religious advertisement or the fact theres a baby on board.

cheap and very large wheels - how many people running 17's on here? and in some cases bigger.

black tape with 2 circles cut into them over the headlights - probably can't afford morette kits etc.

Basically everything you have said is in most cases probably cost related, the people running these cars now will probably have the scooby equivalent in the next 15 years when were driving round in the latest version of a honda hatch in retirement.
I wouldn't knock them, i don't see we do things any different just higher up the price chain.

Just chill out and let them enjoy there cars as you hopefully enjoy yours.

Old 11 September 2001, 12:56 AM
scoobynutta555
Scooby Regular

Cool

Norman
Ive already had the badges nicked off the first wrx i had. Solution, stick velcro on grille and back of badge and take badge off when u park! Got some funny comments, but at £25 a throw i didnt care!

JZA: Queen? i prefer the pet shop boys
Old 11 September 2001, 08:50 AM
Diablo
Scooby Regular

Nicely put ptholt.

Live and let live, just as long as they come by the kit by honest means.

When I had my Scoob I used to love pulling up beside the bonnet scooped, bespoilered, wannabe Nova/Astra/Cavalier in the REAL item. More often than not got smiles and thumbs up.

Get the same with the Integra and all the old civics with the big bore tailpipes and mugen-honda-vtec stickers on them...LOL...
Old 11 September 2001, 09:03 AM
ScoobydoobyDave
Scooby Regular

Red face

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:<HR>Well its not just bonnet scoops that they are using.
There is an old Toyota corolla near me driving around with a 97 style scooby front bumper complete with spots!!!!!

Must take a pic and post it.

Ady
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Is it red by any chance? if so you live in herts too then, I see this almost every day!!! it also has the 94 style Scoop and 22b vents!!

Cheers
Dave

Old 11 September 2001, 09:05 AM
letdown
Scooby Regular

Talking

Enjoyed that ptholt.

It always makes me chuckle these threads when two days later you have people saying how their new exhaust is so loud or pimp tints etc..etc. An old saying springs to mind something about a pot and a kettle !!

Old 11 September 2001, 10:46 AM
Trouser
Scooby Regular

Cool

seems to me that the young maxtastic Nova driver of today is often the Scooby driver of tomorrow!.. We all have to start somewhere don't we?

Oh yeah... and my car has most of those tasteless things on as well!!

he he

Trouser
Old 11 September 2001, 10:59 AM
Norman D. Landing
Scooby Regular

Just be glad that some teen band hasn't started wearing your starry bonnet badges on chains round their necks.

Remember what the Beastie Boys did for VW vandalism

And no, I dont drive a scooby, and yes I do drive a VW (Golf GTI 1.8T, could have got myself a Scooby but decided to go for a less nickable option sad isn't it ?)

You've gotta fight &lt;boom boom&gt; For your right &lt;boom&gt; to paaaaaaarty !
Old 11 September 2001, 11:06 AM
Bobfrog
Scooby Regular

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:<HR>Originally posted by Disco:
<B> Bug-Eyes perhaps????

[/quote]

Already done under the guise of a "Performance Engine Eye"
Old 11 September 2001, 11:12 AM
CraigH
Scooby Regular

Wink

Harj,

You sure they're saying the car is PHAT?

Hmmmm?
Old 11 September 2001, 11:20 AM
Jza
Scooby Regular

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:<HR>Originally posted by scoobynutta555:
<B> Well as i have said b4, if I had bought a my01 instead of a P1 i would have to wear pink shirts, grow a moustache and listen to Queen. Make of that what u will!
[/quote]

Tiggs - just look at his photo - dude looks like a Beeotch already - somewhat similar to Freddie Mercury without the 'tache in fact - so a pink skirt might just go nicely!!!

Jza
Old 11 September 2001, 01:36 PM
Miles
Scooby Regular

Cool

There's been a spate over the last couple of years in Aberdeen of scoop and spoiler theft Can think of a few Scoobs w/o scoops.

Miles (on his 3rd Scoop)
Old 11 September 2001, 09:48 PM
GranTurismo
Scooby Regular

Anyone who has seen my NovaBou Stuff will know that I love to take the mickey out of boy racers, However.

Just becuase we own scoobies doesent mean we can take get all snobby, for instance my friend has a sheddy looking corrola GTI that has a scoop on the front. it also has a 200bhp Turbo engine transplant (dyno'd) and is a bloody quick track car. The Scooby was not the first car to have a scoop and it wont be the last (Kia MPV anyone!) and scoops can be a good way to get air into carbs rather than some funky induction pipe.

So unless they nick em, lets not be to harsh!

PS Build a virtual nova at
Old 12 September 2001, 12:04 AM
Jerry B
Scooby Regular

Scoobynutta555 - not very p.c. but I loved it. They're everywhere! - there's a bunch of kids in every town like that - they tried to stop me one night and started chucking stuff at my car as I drove past. Must have seen the look of snide smug derision on my face at 100 yards in the dark!

Tiggs, there's something (not much tho') to agree with there too, but I'm not going to say which bit as I'll get hate mail

I thought long and hard before I got my wagon as I didn't want the image that can go with the car - but then I thought 'bollox! - I want the performance'. Have joked about removing the scoop and fogs and fitting nice skinny steels, but I've got quite fond of the ugly old thing actually.
Old 12 September 2001, 08:01 AM
Tiggs
Scooby Regular

jza,

roflmao
Old 12 September 2001, 08:40 AM
Floyd
Scooby Regular

Received 9 Likes on 5 Posts
Wink

Moggie Minor with scoop seen in MK! No other mods.

Oh and a Cavalier with evo spoiler on the back.

Nice!

F

Quick Reply: fake impreza scoops on "maxed" cars