ScoobyNet General General Subaru Discussion

I'm Having a Really c**p Tuesday

Search this Thread

Old 19 November 2002, 02:37 PM
Bondy
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Unhappy

As the title says I'm having a really crap Tuesday. Not only was the traffic terrible again getting into Winchester, which made me late again for work, but someone decided to give me a push at a roundabout (yes he hit my scoob that I've only had a couple of weeks). This is my first post here as well. It looked fine apart from a small chip in the paint on the bumper. Thought fine, got the chaps number and went on my merry way.

I decided for my piece of mind I'd have it checked at a bodyshop that was recommended by my local scooby garage.
Turns out that the bumper carrier is bent and will need a new one. I've just phoned the chap but he is out but I left a message with a colleage to phone back, He's not expecting this as I wasn't either. I guess I'm writing this to say no matter how small an accident always get a name & number and have it checked. I'm glad I did.
Old 19 November 2002, 02:45 PM
Josh L
Scooby Regular

Welcome

Sorry about your day. Good advice though.

Josh
Old 19 November 2002, 02:47 PM
Rab
Scooby Regular

Doh, the exact same thing happened to me a couple of months back. All looked ok, a couple of chips was all that was visible. Guy wanted to give me £20 for one of those repair kits from Halfords. I insisted that I took his name and number. Glad i did, it ended up costing £412 plus VAT. New hanger is nearly £100 never mind the days labour involved (the bumper needs to come off).
Old 19 November 2002, 02:48 PM
Chris_S199
Scooby Regular

Bondy,

Firstly welcome aboard and be sure to check out the Southern pages for the Hants pub meets!

Btw, just out of interest which body shop and local dealer was this? We're in Hampshire too and had a really bad experience of the "recommended" body shop and I'm happy to share that with you offline.

Chris
Old 19 November 2002, 02:49 PM
Bondy
Scooby Regular

Thanks Josh

The bumper looks fine, just a small chip in the paint. But since i've come back from the body shop and had another look you can definately see that the gap between the left light and right light is different.
Old 19 November 2002, 02:51 PM
Bondy
Scooby Regular

Chris

I brought the car from Sparshatts in Botley, they were very helpfull but sent me to where they have all there bodywork done which is in Hedge End next to Peter Coopers.
Old 19 November 2002, 02:54 PM
Chris_S199
Scooby Regular

That'll be Strides then. IMHO, they did not do a very good job of repairing my car considering they had it for 3 months...

Trending Topics

Old 19 November 2002, 03:04 PM
Bondy
Scooby Regular

I would prefer to have it carried out at my local bodyshop as I know there quality of work plus they have a few cars to borrow while yours is in being fixed.
Old 19 November 2002, 09:24 PM
ricardo
Scooby Regular

Somebody scraped my rear bumper in a car park - and they left a note ! (No, it didn't say "I'm pretending to write a note because people are looking at me"). I thought it would polish out, but took the car to NFL bodyshop in Chandler's Ford, since they'd done a good job for me before.

They suggested that, since it was somebody elses fault, I should persue it through the Claims Department. That's a company that takes up a claim against the other person, so you are effectively getting the Claims Department to persue the other persons insurance company.

The quote was for over 700 quid. I didn't have to make a claim, and the Claims Department provided the hire car (and claimed that off the other party too).

So, a little mark on the bumper can be expensive, but if it wasn't your fault you might be able to avoid claiming on your own insurance. Nigel Lush did a good job. And it didn't cost me a penny.
Old 19 November 2002, 09:26 PM
ADP
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Hey Bondy Im in Winchester too..... look out for a silver STI 7 lookalike(fugly), its me...........

andy

what you in?????
Old 20 November 2002, 11:36 AM
Bondy
Scooby Regular

Got the Quote from the bodyshop this morning £379.23 inc VAT. Will phone the bloke now and see if he wants to go the insurance route. If he wants to go that way my Insurance company will claim of his as it soooo wasn't my fault.

Hi ADP I work for a company in the centre of Winchester and drive an X reg Classic Turbo in Red Mica with 17" Gold Alloys. I'll keep an eye out for you.
Old 20 November 2002, 11:47 AM
Chris_S199
Scooby Regular

Hey Bondy, me and Jen are often in the Eastleigh, Winchester, and Southampton area in our silver '98 UK turbo so we'll look out for you too! Btw, check out the Goodwood meet on the 30/11 - http://www.scoobynet.co.uk/bbs/thread.asp?threadid=151886 .

Chris
Old 20 November 2002, 12:25 PM
Bondy
Scooby Regular

Hey Chris

I'll be sure to keep an eye out for you to. The Goodwood day sounds brilliant, great fun and for a good cause. I'll try and get down there, as I live quite close. Doubt I'll take the Scoob on the track, although I've had goes in my previous VW Golf but that wasn't worth as much and certainly didn't have as much power.