ScoobyNet General General Subaru Discussion

Roadrage bollox

Search this Thread

Old 19 November 2002, 11:29 PM
Janner
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angry

Just been the victim of some meathead threataning to rip my throat out and then reporting ME to the Police.

Me and my girlfriends brother popped down to the shop for some junk food. It is a 2 min journey (walkable) but its late and cold in Scotland!!! Anyway, the shop was shut so I turned around and we went up the road to the garage (again walking distance). A silver merc get up my backside so much so I cant see his lights. He follows me like this through the 30 mile an hour zone. I turn off into the garage and he goes past the entry to the garage and cuts in the exit and blocks me off. This big meat head then gets out and heads towards me in an aggressive manner. Me and my new P1 aren't taking a beating tonight so I reverse back and get the f**k out the garage. We head off down the road just to get away (legal speed). After 2 mins we turn around and head back to the garage for our munchies. It seems all clear so my girlfriends brother heads into the garage. 2 mins later Mr Merc turns up and again block me off and I again reverse but go the other side ot the pumps as he heads into the garage. He approaches my mate and tells him how he has my plate and is going to rip my throat out and smash my car. The garage staff are now contacting the Police as Mr Merc doesn't allow my mate to leave the garage (not physically). I sit outside waiting for my mate to come out and all of a sudden, surprise, surprise the Police show. Yes Mr Merc is wanting to press charges against me. By this time Mr Merc had been around every car and member of staff telling them what a bad lad I am.

He tells the Police how we threatened him, tailgated him for miles flashing, beeping while he had his kids in the car as he is now the perfect family man. All bollox as we had only been on the road for 2 mins and we were never behing him. He also said he dropped his kids off before returning to the garage which was again crap and if the Police check the video camera they will see he was the only one in the car. We can also prove what time we left the house but the Police don't want to know. It comes down to my word against his. Even though they could prove he was on his own. The staff know he is one of the so called hard men in the area (probably with a matching record) thats why they called the Police. They will also have video of him trying to block me in and making his way towards my car. We can also prove exactly where we were. Did the Police listen, did they ****!!!! Just go on your way and we will leave it at that. They did ask why I didn't ring them and my answer was I was either driving worried about being tailed or even car jacked or else I was in the garage where it is dangerous to use my mobile. Meanwhile this **** drives off having threatened my car and my throat and probably my *** by the looks of him!!!!

I want to know if there is anything I can do? or is this the norm. You just go on your way sir and if anything else happend give us a call and we will do nothing again, make you feel like a criminal and maybe prosecute you if we dont like you.

Sorry for the long whinge. Im usually a reader and not a writer but this should make up for that!!!!
Old 19 November 2002, 11:32 PM
pslewis
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Question

While waiting the police why did you not rip his head off??

Pete
Old 19 November 2002, 11:35 PM
Janner
Scooby Regular

We were in a garage and he was a big knuckle scraping meathead that I wasn't going to risk myself, my mate, a night in the cell or my car for!! As we were in a garage it will all be on film why not view it?
Old 19 November 2002, 11:35 PM
Katana
Scooby Regular

You should've run him over. Why do you think god gave us 320 BHp AWD in the first place?
Old 19 November 2002, 11:38 PM
Janner
Scooby Regular

Im already pi55ed off my girlfriend scraped the spoiler on a kerb let alone running down a 18 stone Scotsman!! I think if I drove near him he would tell the Police I did a hit and run while he was carrying his daughter and helping a blind lady across the road.

So the Police wont want to have me file a follow up?
Old 19 November 2002, 11:43 PM
Carlos The Jackel
Scooby Regular

Wink

I had someone report me to the police for cutting him up at a round-a-bout! He really went mad, quite and elderly Englishman (bit like Mr Lewis). I was shocked at how mad he was. He tail gated me for the first 30 yards off the roundabout until I had too brake for a sharp (ahem) corner when he nearly ran into the back of me.I certainly left him in no doubt he was in the wrong on the round-a-bout when he got out but I was a young yob etc etc! That didnt stop him so off he went to the police station - told his story to the police - who laughed at him and made him apologise to me (a grumble)for being in the wrong lane etc! I was rather amused due to the "young yob" etc he had called me - he then drove off with his indicators still on from the police station still fuming! I think Robertio was in the car that day - i've seen road rage just not from elderly blokes!
Old 19 November 2002, 11:43 PM
Katana
Scooby Regular

You know what OJ's lawyer said, "If the glove don't fit, you must aquit".
Old 19 November 2002, 11:45 PM
pslewis
Scooby Regular

Thumbs up

I am a 20 stone Yorkshireman and would have made short work of his flesh - THEN I would have started on his car - oh, bliss!! I assume you are 10 stone and an IT geek?? sorry, but you kiddies should NOT run these vehicles, only those capable of looking after themselves should even consider these cars in the present climate - sorry!

Pete
Old 19 November 2002, 11:49 PM
Eagle7
Scooby Regular

dude, you are a janner in scotland, messing with the locals!

brave man!

if you are down ere anytime soon, be sure to come to a local meet. You can show us your meathead avoidance technique!

seriously though, the police are not there for your protection, they are there to enforce the law. It is a shame they are not the same thing. Even then they will only act after the crime has been committed.

Old 19 November 2002, 11:50 PM
barge
Scooby Regular

you did the best thing.

prats like that are not worth it, see if the garage are friendly, if he is a known hard man it wont be hard to get his name & address from the garage, then dear tax man, this man is working cash in hand etc etc, dear social services etc you get the picture, wha sort of merc was it, find it take a note of his reg number, hire a similar car, halfords to get a set of plate with his reg number & off to find some speed cameras you get the idea, screw him without doing anything
Old 19 November 2002, 11:50 PM
Janner
Scooby Regular

Errr did I mention we were in a garage ie on film, with lots of witnesses. You cant drive your car from behind bars and wasn't having him anywhere near my new car!!!

If we were in a dark lane and I really wanted to lower myself to ape man level Im sure we could have taught him a thing or two but that isn't the point!!!
Old 19 November 2002, 11:52 PM
Carlos The Jackel
Scooby Regular

Cool

Just tell the police too contact the garage to see who was being agressive! Then respray your car a different colour and change your name and address!
Old 19 November 2002, 11:53 PM
pslewis
Scooby Regular

Barge - how about you and I getting together and cleaning up the streets for these computer geeks?? They deserve the cars they want to drive, surely?

Pete
Old 19 November 2002, 11:56 PM
kwiky
Scooby Regular

Wink

wait 1 year then petrol bomb his house (remove kids first) my mother was getting agro from a guy at work it's strange what affect lats night drive bys and (i know where you FKN live) can do to a brave man
HAVE FUN
Old 20 November 2002, 12:03 AM
barge
Scooby Regular

Mr. Lewis

bad news mate.

I play computers for a living.
but I'm not a geek
Old 20 November 2002, 12:05 AM
pslewis
Scooby Regular

Unhappy

Oh, shame Barge, I took you as a bit of a hard man - sorry, well I STILL think that you deserve a street clear of bullies!!

Pete
Old 20 November 2002, 12:11 AM
Carlos The Jackel
Scooby Regular

Wink

I play computers for a living.
but I'm not a geek
Theres got to be a contradiction in there somewhere!
Old 20 November 2002, 08:30 AM
medders
Scooby Regular

Smile

Oi PSLewis - I'm a computer geek. But I'm also 6'5" and 19.5 stone. AND a yorkshireman.