ScoobyNet General General Subaru Discussion

Grrrrrr...........................

Search this Thread

Old 20 November 2002, 08:37 PM
Scooby_Maxus
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angry

Some ****** smashed my N/S rear window on my MY01. That's bad enough but they also damaged the trim around the glass and the rubber seal.Grrrrr...............

Got the window repaired- £107 + VAT + Fitting, and a further £106+VAT+Fitting for the trim, still waiting for a price for the door seal!!!

Thanks Hants Police (Not), you were nothing short of useless!

Grrrr.................

Old 20 November 2002, 08:51 PM
MarkO
Scooby Regular

Angry

And what, exactly, are the police supposed to do to stop somebody smashing the window of your car? Are you expecting a 24hr guard to ensure some vagrant tosser doesn't put a brick through your car's window?

Old 20 November 2002, 08:57 PM
bluto22b
Scooby Regular

Angry

Give the man a break [img]images/smilies/mad.gif[/img] Don't you think he has suffered enough. I think the point he is trying to make is that the police and the legal system in this country are nothing short of a Brian Rix farce. The police are far too care free with so called "petty" crime[img]images/smilies/mad.gif[/img]
Old 20 November 2002, 09:01 PM
MarkO
Scooby Regular

Angry

I have every sympathy for the guy, I had a window put through on my STI Type-R (£275 for a replacement glass, plus labour ). But to then trot out the same old predictable accusations that somehow it's the police's fault or that they should have been able to prevent it just irritates me. [img]images/smilies/mad.gif[/img]
Old 21 November 2002, 03:07 PM
stanmo
Scooby Regular

At least your homeys riding in the back won't have to
wind down the window to fire their nines if you find
the sucka who did it and do a drive by
Old 21 November 2002, 03:41 PM
S.B.
Scooby Regular

Talking

PMSL@stanmo
Old 21 November 2002, 06:27 PM
MGJohn
Scooby Regular

My son had his Rover Metro broken into last night. He's 17 and after having paid basic Third Party (only available to him) at 1100 quid pa, you can imagine how he now feels. Offside rear window smashed exactly as a neighbour's similar car recently. Took two rear speakers. Apart from that, rain soaked interior, glass cost and clear up time. A sickener.

Petty crime it may be. However, todays petty criminals not being taken seriously by our "cost cutting instructed" Police Forces are tomorrow's bigger time crooks, rapists or even killers .... Why? Because they've been allowed to get away with it for years so why not take further advantage and progress further. Crime does pay at ALL levels and few criminals ever get their dues. You have to catch them first of course - for many reasons, an increasingly rare event unfortunately .....

[Edited by MGJohn - 11/21/2002 6:31:23 PM]