Cadwell Park yesterday - cheers Stef

Search this Thread

Old 09 October 2001, 12:14 AM
Mellow Yellow !
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Cool

Mo,
Pete's old car......spoke to the chap, nice guy from Scotland, trailered it down (thats the way to do it ) I had a great battle with him out there, I loved every second of it
Cadwell is superb......glad there were no off's, track etiquette was first class !
Thanks once again to Stef and all concerned. Great to meet new friends too
Old 09 October 2001, 12:36 AM
Skippy
Scooby Regular

Cracking day

I want to go back to Cadwell already

Nice to meet you Greg, hope you got home safe, did you get caught in that rain???

Mellow, thanks for the ride, was intresting fellowing Pete's old car, was really impressed by your car and driving

My best trackday so far, can't fault it at all, maybe a better showing from the Lancer boys and other cars.

Skip.
Old 09 October 2001, 09:47 AM
gregh
Scooby Regular

Cool

Top day, only a short sharp shower. Nice track manners, no offs that closed the track!

Thanks to Stef for organising.

What a great circuit, I reckon the best I've been on!

Hi to everyone I met, great to see Skippy's car on slicks hanging onto the Prodrive Demo car - would have like to have seen the tables turned

Some nice sideways efforts from Mr Wood most of the day, some lovely skid marks on the track by afternoon.

I think I saw the Evo drive out, so fingers crossed it got sorted out at little cost.

when are SIDC going back then Stef?

cheers,

greg
Old 09 October 2001, 11:37 AM
Mo
Scooby Regular

Location: the fastest rentals in town......0-100mph in 10 seconds
Who had Petes old RA?
Old 10 October 2001, 12:32 AM
andyp
Scooby Regular

Yes one of them was me!

I had to sculk off at around 4pm after wearing my pads nearly through to the metal on one side. VERY lesurely drive back home!

Thanks to people for offers of help and 2nd hand brake pads... but on the way to the cash point to get some dosh I decided to simply take it easy going home and research what to do next with my brakes.

Thoroughly enjoyable day; I wasn't as frightened on the track as my first outing at Donnington and Rob Mac was a top chap for riding in car as attempting to improve my driving skill (of lack of!). Next time I'd like to blag a ride in one of the faster cars to see how it should be done.

Cheers everyone,

Andy
(Dirty) silver 4door UK95
Old 10 October 2001, 12:34 AM
Skippy
Scooby Regular

Mo
Not me about ecu resets. I nearly put a set of std 4 pot pads in, could have help the lad in the afternoon looking for them, had AP 4 pot spares. I had a van full of bits, try'd to help all I could, with the exception of the pads had everything I was asked for

I loved the day, keep thinking about bits of it and smiling at work, everyone thinks i've flipped, well more so than usual, they know what i've spent on the car recently

I have some pics, if someone wants to post them i'll edit them and send them through.

Skip.

[This message has been edited by Skippy (edited 10 October 2001).]
Old 10 October 2001, 12:35 AM
Stef
Scooby Regular

Thanks guys.
Unfortunately, we may not be revisiting Cadwell Park for some time, if at all.
A turn out of just 25 cars, half of what we needed, is an event we cannot afford to repeat.
It is definitely one of the best Scooby tracks in the country, but I have to put the club's welfare first.
It was announced relatively late, but even so I was very surprised at the numbers we got.
We may have to share the day with another club in the future.
We'll see.
Regarding the Tyre van, htye unfortuntely didn't make it all the way as the van broke down on the way up, which is why I was late.
It sure makes you realise how much you need them when they're not there though doesn't it?
Always carry a spare set of pads yourself though.

Stef.

[This message has been edited by Stef (edited 10 October 2001).]

Trending Topics

Old 10 October 2001, 07:40 AM
Mellow Yellow !
Scooby Regular

Thumbs up

Graham,
I'd already posted on the track day forum.
DONT......DONT....get rid of your motor, it goes so well, watching you coming over the mountain and through the right/left at the end was a joy, the speed and ease you pushed it through was mind blowing
Glad you enjoyed the ride, not all P1's are the same eh
I've not stopped going on about that circuit, 1st time round and I'm itching to go back !!
Ah well, Elvington Saturday with the 200 plus club at
Old 10 October 2001, 08:53 AM
colint
Scooby Newbie

Yes, it was me in Pete's old car.

Took me a wee while in the morning to re-remember the track, and to start to find out what the car can do - I've only had it on track once before.

It's gearing was perfect for Cadwell. It maxes out around 130-135 I think, and I was just approaching 130 before jumping on the brakes after the '1' at Park. I had to back off slightly round Chris curve to stop hitting the limiter in 4th, as I couldn't quite work out where to change up and down - mid corner.

What were you in Mellow? I remember a P1 keeping up for a while earlier in the day.

Colin
Old 10 October 2001, 09:03 AM
Pete Croney
Scooby Regular

Any pics up yet?

I miss the RA terribly. Glad it went to a good home and Colin is giving the use it deserves.

Col, any hill climbs planned yet?
Old 10 October 2001, 09:19 AM
colint
Scooby Newbie

Hi Pete,

No hill climbs yet, but one of the Elise guys up here does a lot of sprints, and organised one at Knockhill, but I was on holiday. I'll be encouraging him to do another one though, when I'm about this time

Colin
Old 10 October 2001, 09:19 AM
Mo
Scooby Regular

Location: the fastest rentals in town......0-100mph in 10 seconds
Thumbs up

Mondays etiquette was the best I have encountered so far and made for a great day out.

It was great to see the weather hold out - I wasn't looking forward to my first 'wet' track day at a track like Cadwell. As it turned out the track was really good, nearly as good as Oulton Park

Colin, it was good to see the RA back out doing what it does best, did I spot a camera in your car?

Graham, did we speak about the ECU resets? Nice driving if it was you, very entertaining to follow.....

My only disappointment was the lack of the support van from Tyres Northampton, I think there were one or two people that could've done with a new set of pads in the afternoon!!

Zak
Red 5dr MY94

Edited as I didn't know what day it was!

[This message has been edited by Mo (edited 10 October 2001).]
Old 10 October 2001, 12:03 PM
Miles
Scooby Regular

That would have been Colin Tinto with the RA. Saw him at the Advanced Driver training in Aberdeen on Saturday, where he mentioned that he'd bought the RA as his 22B was a bit too expensive for track days
Old 10 October 2001, 01:22 PM
gregh
Scooby Regular

Stef,

I reckon we could get the numbers up with a bit of pushing, perhaps emailing/snail mailing the SIDC people.

Hopefully SIDC can go back, I reckon most who were there Monday would go back. Then you just need some Southern jessies to come up and we are all done!

greg
Old 10 October 2001, 02:29 PM
Type R
Scooby Regular

Thumbs down

I would have come , but don't own a scoob