ScoobyNet General General Subaru Discussion

Local road rally

Search this Thread

Old 01 December 2002, 07:41 PM
scoobyfella
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Talking

Went out last night to watch local rally in North Wales last night 2 scoobys in it going like the clappers and a legacy that was a bit crap though. Sh*t load of 205GTI though, Don't know who won but must of been a scooby if they finished.

Anyway whilst on my way home through the lanes going with the flow of rally cars, i had a car come up behind me so, i politely pulled over as you would and let him past it was a 1.9 205GTI, as he went past adrenalin kicked in and i took chase. Could he leave me being an expeirenced rally driver i'm afraid not, off boost going around a corner yes but just hauled his ar*e in when turbo kicked in. As we came to a checkpoint he pulled over and waved me past i stopped next to him to check if he wanted me to go on ahead, he said yes he was waiting as he had gone very quick in that section and didn't want to make checkpoint to early. I then reconised him he was me mate so i said hi, he said alright too and then said thought there was something fast behind you bas***d he said as he couldn't shake me off How's the new motor then ? he said fu****g great i said.

So i was well chuffed with me motor never having been rallying managed to keep up comfortably with an expeirienced driver in a pretty quick motor on the lanes.

James