ScoobyNet General General Subaru Discussion

Standard UK turbo vs Honda Prelude 2.2 Vti

Search this Thread

Old 13 December 2002, 05:10 PM
Derek M
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question

Does anyone know if the Honda would get totaly blown away or would it be realatively close in terms of on the move performance.
I say on the move cause that does away with the 4wd standing start advantage that the scoob has.

Has anyone had a go with one of these in a standard uk turbo (I Know any scoob that had any mods would be much quicker than the Honda)
2.2 Vti Vtec Honda has around 190ish bhp and should be a bit lighter.

D.
Old 13 December 2002, 05:15 PM
SiPie
Scooby Regular

Thumbs up

Derek
Had one 2 yrs ago.

Great car. Sold it to a mate. I bought a standard uk my99 (with ITg panel filter and back box) after a brief and unhappy relationship with a Renault Laguna RXE My mate then seemed to think that the prelude was faster now that he owned it

Absolutely zero comparison although at 90mph (ish) the prelude started reeling the scoob in slightly.

Prelude was very sure footed due to the 4WS but the scoob would seldom loose out unless maybe motorway stuff.

Hope this helps
Old 13 December 2002, 05:27 PM
Alas
Scooby Regular

Hi m8
My wife had 3 preludes over the last few years. Excellent car but does not have the 20 - 70 pull of a uk scoob. Above that and there is not a lot in it. Just the Honda needs more revs.
One other thing about the Honda. Bodywork and mechanically superior but it can put the sh*ts up you by stepping out at the back on sharpish bends. Never gives you much warning either. Apart from that we loved them. Stopped buying them when my back got knackered as it is a real pain to get in and out of the Honda.
Alasdair